domains January .Ai auctions led by Scorpion.ai

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Whois.AI concluded their auctions for January and Scorpion.ai was the top closing price. Only 45 auctions this time around. 24 of those .ai auctions closed at $1,000 or above. In December, 22 auctions closed at $1,000 or more. Last year I hand registered a few KeywordAI.coms. I actually got a Christmas gift on Christmas Eve […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
so I guess it should be a worrying sign for .ai that basically all ans only sales we see of it come from only one source of auctions and bidding

•••
•••
•••
Thanks for report, @equity78, and congratulations on a Christmas eve sale of a name ending in AI.

In the .ai extension itself, I always find it difficult to understand why some terms go for more than others. I would have thought that terms that were more technical and computational in tone go for more, but does not seem the way. Scorpion and swap are certainly nice names though, and understandably high on list.

Are all of these domainer acquisitions, or do the .ai auctions also involve end users?

Thanks again,

Bob

•••
Thanks for report, @equity78, and congratulations on a Christmas eve sale of a name ending in AI.

In the .ai extension itself, I always find it difficult to understand why some terms go for more than others. I would have thought that terms that were more technical and computational in tone go for more, but does not seem the way. Scorpion and swap are certainly nice names though, and understandably high on list.

Are all of these domainer acquisitions, or do the .ai auctions also involve end users?

Thanks again,

Bob

I think most are domain investors Bob.

•••
I think most are domain investors Bob.

how and where do they resell them then? there is nearly nothing on namebio besides these auctions.

Last edited:
•••
Good points on the where are the end users?

Namebio reports 4,024 .ai domain name sales

roost.ai 5,000 USD 2020-03-01 DomainTheory
content.ai 25,000 USD 2019-09-13 DAN.com
zenith.ai 3,500 USD 2019-06-23 DomainTheory
monkey.ai 2,500 USD 2018-10-28 NameKart
alia.ai 2,500 USD 2018-05-12 PotentNames.com
music.ai 101,500 USD 2018-01-14 DAN.com

And 124 at Sedo. These would be end user sales. BuyDomains and NamePull do not hold many if any.

So between Private and Sedo you don't have a lot of end user sales mostly wholesale/investor purchases.

•••
@Bob Hawkes

Did a quick check,

In 2020, there has been 74 sales at Whois.ai above $2,000

7 are now used by end users
15 are undeveloped / not resolving
52 are relisted for sale again

•••
Why does whois.ai say to move to zenaida.cate.ai and why does it not just redirect?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back