Domain Empire

information I've gone crazy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sanwal

Sanwal MemonTop Member
Impact
So i'll just cut to the chase here and make it as short as possible.
I went out for drinks with some friends, had a bit more than my large body could take, went home decided to spend all my money on advertising the names i'm selling.
Woke up the next morning, saw the credit card charges made by me, was shocked. The charges? Let's just say i could have got a premium domain name for that amount.

Guess a lesson learnt, if you have a good night out, just go home and sleep.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
He he .. same happened with me 2 years back ... entered a bidding war on Godaddy .. ended up buying TM name for 300 bucks :(

•••
Yeah you have to take a chance sometimes. eVirtual is very good also.

•••
He he .. same happened with me 2 years back ... entered a bidding war on Godaddy .. ended up buying TM name for 300 bucks :(

I remember i was bidding on "Greatful.com" that just recently ended, it was on 700 and i made a proxy bid of 950. It had a few days left on it, right after bidding i soon realized this was not the correct spelling of it. For a few days i just prayed and hoped someone else to bid on it, luckily enough there were other bidders and to my surprise it reached 2,500!

Even though it might get a lot of type ins and searches due to many many people not knowing the actual spelling(Sure is confusing) there is very little value in such domains unless someone decides to change the spelling in the Oxford dictionary.

This is an interesting read though,

Today's dictionaries
With the arrival of computer technology, it became possible to use electronic databases as the source of language evidence, rather than piles of index cards or slips. Dictionaries are now based on the close analysis of how words behave in real, natural language: behind every Oxford Dictionary entry are genuine examples of the word in use - often hundreds and thousands of them - which have been analysed by lexicographers using specially developed software so as to find out information about the typical behaviour of the word in question. Print dictionaries have been joined by dictionaries in electronic form: these are often enriched with many additional features, such as sound recordings or sophisticated links to other related material.

Dictionaries of the future
It seems likely that by the middle of this century, if not before, all dictionaries will be in electronic form. This means that limitations of space, which have always been a serious issue for lexicographers and dictionary publishers, will be much less important. Dictionaries will be able to include more material: more words and definitions, interactive features, and multimedia content such as images, sound, and video. They will also be updated much more rapidly than ever before. But the general idea of a dictionary - a resource that provides explanations of words and how they are used - will probably remain the same.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back