Dynadot

advice It's never too late to negotiate!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

THTMVATMEDNOATTop Member
Impact
Hi namePeople,

it's never too late to get the domain you allways wanted, no matter if it is a
.top / .com / .net / .org / .biz / ... / .xyz domain.

In other words:
It's never too late to negotiate!

Simply start the negotiation by contacting the owner via email / phone / letter / broker / ... and ask for the price or by make your bid/s through the respective marketplace.

And
never give up, never be "cowed" by his stated price, no matter how high it is, also not if he states that it has the most expensive domain price of all time, it is all just tactic.

Always remember,
his first respond / counter bid is primarily just one:
His
first respond / counter bid!

He, the "person on the other side" (owner / seller) is also "just a human" like you - no matter how much domains / money / sales he have (made) or who he is - and you can assume for 99 % that he is just waiting for offers / bids like you, to negotiate and to continue the negotiaton with you.

If he don't respond after your first contact / bid (with a counter bid), then, again, don't give up contacting him / making new bid/s.
Also here, you can assume for 99 % that he suddenly will respond / make a counter bid.

Then, simply negotiate, negotiate, negotiate, ...

And suddenly, one day, he maybe will agree and the domain will be yours.

Best,
| KINGOF.TOP

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well, how do you think about this?
You are welcome to share your viewww

Last edited:
•••
I have been offering $250 for this one domain for nearly 15 years. It has no practical use to anyone, really, and would only be used by me as a mildly entertaining distraction.

Unfortunately, it has been listed for sale via buydomains, so I don't know if the actual owner has ever known he had offers on the table.

Over the years, the domain has been repriced up and up, lol, and the pricing is truly off. This thread reminded me to send my annual letter, so here is a copy of it. Over the years it has gotten less and less professional sounding, lol:

- - - - - - - - - -
Off and on for the last 15 years or so, I have offered $250 for this domain, with no response from you people. I wonder if you are actually serving the best interests of the domain owner by telling them they have had offers for 15 years.

As stated in all of my past offers, I will never, ever, ever, go above $250, because the domain has no possible use to anyone, except I find it mildly amusing, and would enjoy owning it.

The owner could have used that money 15 years ago to pick up a couple other domains and make more money, but instead has had to continue to pay renewal fees, lol.

You guys keep increasing the price of the domain, like somehow there is a demand for it, and now you are asking nearly $5K for it. I'm willing to bet the only offers you have ever gotten are from me, and frankly I am getting fairly old. I am truly sorry to say this, but within the next few years, 100% of your potential customer base - me - is going to die off.

It's not like I am going to put one final offer into my will for the estate to settle, lol.

So sell the damn thing before I die, already.

$250. Firm.

Thanks,

-Tom Rice
- - - - - - - -

•••
Why do you think that it has another owner than Buydomains itself?

They have like 800K names in their portfolio and it would seem likely they ignore 250 USD offers.. Although I believe you are right in assuming that the price increase is a result of your yearly offers ;)

PS
I wish you many more healthy years (dont be so morbid ;--).

•••
You can also negotiate yourself out of a deal. Too much of it and the other party will lose interest and move on. Try to negotiate as little as possible while keeping a realistic price point. You can quickly weed out the time-wasters versus a potential deal.

•••
I have been offering $250 for this one domain for nearly 15 years. It has no practical use to anyone, really, and would only be used by me as a mildly entertaining distraction.

Unfortunately, it has been listed for sale via buydomains, so I don't know if the actual owner has ever known he had offers on the table.

Over the years, the domain has been repriced up and up, lol, and the pricing is truly off. This thread reminded me to send my annual letter, so here is a copy of it. Over the years it has gotten less and less professional sounding, lol:

- - - - - - - - - -
Off and on for the last 15 years or so, I have offered $250 for this domain, with no response from you people. I wonder if you are actually serving the best interests of the domain owner by telling them they have had offers for 15 years.

As stated in all of my past offers, I will never, ever, ever, go above $250, because the domain has no possible use to anyone, except I find it mildly amusing, and would enjoy owning it.

The owner could have used that money 15 years ago to pick up a couple other domains and make more money, but instead has had to continue to pay renewal fees, lol.

You guys keep increasing the price of the domain, like somehow there is a demand for it, and now you are asking nearly $5K for it. I'm willing to bet the only offers you have ever gotten are from me, and frankly I am getting fairly old. I am truly sorry to say this, but within the next few years, 100% of your potential customer base - me - is going to die off.

It's not like I am going to put one final offer into my will for the estate to settle, lol.

So sell the damn thing before I die, already.

$250. Firm.

Thanks,

-Tom Rice
- - - - - - - -
Bizarre story, nearly unbelievable that you are trying to get it since 15 years for the same price.
But of course, never give up.
I am sure if you will make them another (higher) offer, they will answer you one day.
Otherwise it may take another 15 years.

If you don't want to make a higher offer (that's what you wrote), I simply think you don't want to get it really.

Last edited:
•••
Hi namePeople,

it's never too late to get the domain you allways wanted, no matter if it is a
.top / .com / .net / .org / .biz / ... / .xyz domain.

In other words:
It's never too late to negotiate!

Simply start the negotiation by contacting the owner via email / phone / letter / broker / ... and ask for the price or by make your bid/s through the respective marketplace.

And
never give up, never be "cowed" by his stated price, no matter how high it is, also not if he states that it has the most expensive domain price of all time, it is all just tactic.

Always remember,
his first respond / counter bid is primarily just one:
His
first respond / counter bid!

He, the "person on the other side" (owner / seller) is also "just a human" like you - no matter how much domains / money / sales he have (made) or who he is - and you can assume for 99 % that he is just waiting for offers / bids like you, to negotiate and to continue the negotiaton with you.

If he don't respond after your first contact / bid (with a counter bid), then, again, don't give up contacting him / making new bid/s.
Also here, you can assume for 99 % that he suddenly will respond / make a counter bid.

Then, simply negotiate, negotiate, negotiate, ...

And suddenly, one day, he maybe will agree and the domain will be yours.

Best,
| KINGOF.TOP

I offer $70 USD for toptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptop.top

•••
I offer $70 USD for toptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptoptop.top

It seems that you have missed that this is not a make offer thread.
So, unsurprisingly, I will not reply to your "bid" (which is not valid b. t. w. - because it's not done via Sedo).
You are welcome to share your viewww about this thread's topic but don't try to turn it into a sales thread.

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Bizarre story, nearly unbelievable that you are trying to get it since 15 years for the same price.
But of course, never give up.
I am sure if you will make them another (higher) offer, they will answer you one day.
Otherwise it may take another 15 years.

If you don't want to make a higher offer (that's what you wrote), I simply think you don't want to get it really.

Oh, as I said, it would be worth it for $250, but higher than that is an investment, lol, and the domain literally has no value that I can see to anyone.

•••
Oh, as I said, it would be worth it for $250, but higher than that is an investment, lol, and the domain literally has no value that I can see to anyone.
Obviously the owner(s) see(s) more value in it than you - otherwise he (they) would (have) accept(ed) your offer.

Last edited:
•••
Obviously the owner(s) see(s) more value in it than you - otherwise he (they) would (have) accept(ed) your offer.

And a fine value they have gotten out of it, too, no ad revenue, nothing. Don't confuse need with want. If anyone needed that domain, they would have paid 1k, 2k, 3k, 4k, 5k by now. It has, after all, been on the market for 15 years.

•••
And a fine value they have gotten out of it, too, no ad revenue, nothing. Don't confuse need with want. If anyone needed that domain, they would have paid 1k, 2k, 3k, 4k, 5k by now. It has, after all, been on the market for 15 years.
The "value" they have gotten out of it, is the result of their patience - namely a 15 year old domain.
As I assumed, you don't need it too.
Otherwise you would offer 1k, 2k, 3k, 4k, 5k by now (when I relate to your statement, because you are also "anyone").

•••
•••
Doesn't matter what the owner sees. The market ultimately deserves what a domain is worth. The fact that it's been 15 years and they still have it for sale should be a sign that their asking price is too high.

•••
•••
Doesn't matter what the owner sees. The market ultimately deserves what a domain is worth. The fact that it's been 15 years and they still have it for sale should be a sign that their asking price is too high.
It has always two sides.
From one side (seller) it seems often too low, from the other side (buyer) its seems often too high.
But however we see it - its the sellers asset and only he can make the price, the buyer can only try to "influence" him (to negotiate) in a tactical way that he will decrease the price.
But at the end, in reality, it indeed only matters what the owner sees.

Last edited:
•••
Go look for the value of that 15 year old domain with all the free valuation tools I will wager its way higher than your repeated offer.

•••
You can also negotiate yourself out of a deal. Too much of it and the other party will lose interest and move on. Try to negotiate as little as possible while keeping a realistic price point. You can quickly weed out the time-wasters versus a potential deal.
And what if you really want a domain?
Will you give up then?
If you really want it, you will have to start again if you don't want to wait until the owner will start again (if).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back