Dynadot

discuss It Has To Be SAID

NameSilo
Watch

BlackCatsAreNice

Established Member
Impact
Hello folks and spokes.

It has to be said! I hate to do it but I need to state the obvious. I really do.

MOST of the domains people own on here are WORTHLESS. The chance of anyone ever giving you two pennies and a nickel for your domains are slim and none and OJ Simpson is getting the last laugh.

My MAN(tm).

I am doing this as a public service.

STOP REGISTERING WORTHLESS DOMAINS.

Instead of buying 100 bad domains, save your money and grab ONE good one.

A single good domain can change your fortunes. A million bad ones just reflect poor choices in life.

Stop it. Please for the sake of your future and the future of your loved ones. Take that money and treat them to a nice dinner. That would be a much better return.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Hello folks and spokes.

It has to be said! I hate to do it but I need to state the obvious. I really do.

MOST of the domains people own on here are WORTHLESS. The chance of anyone ever giving you two pennies and a nickel for your domains are slim and none and OJ Simpson is getting the last laugh.

My MAN(tm).

A single good domain can change your fortunes. A million bad ones just reflect poor choices in life.

Stop it. Please for the sake of your future and the future of your loved ones. Take that money and treat them to a nice dinner. That would be a much better return.
Could you share your domain investing process?

How do we determine if a domain is worthless?

•••
Everyone has to learn the trade, good thing is that people can learn a lot without investing a lot. It has been stressed/advised over and over in forums - buy 'quality' names. which is quite subjective. We come across many sellers who think their names are at the top, but it is all in the eyes of the buyer. Sometimes 'crappy' names do get sold for ridiculous prices. Probably that is what (mis)guides people. They have to realize that what may happen to someone may not happen to them. Given the ROI on domain names, people still take the risk. If they are not able to sell in a year, they (have planned to) drop it when it expires..

To buy a name for (re)selling, one should always ask themselves, would they themselves buy the name and run their business under that name. You do not need to have the business owner to think like that.

Think outside the name, be out in real world, and then make the decision.

•••
@BlackCatsAreNice - since you're relatively new here, you might want to check out some of the threads that already cover beginner topics (like how to invest in quality domain names). No sense re-inventing the wheel, right?

https://www.namepros.com/threads/popular-beginner-discussions.844937/

This one is particularly good:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/domain-investing.1137790/

If you ever get up the courage to share some of your own names, I'm sure we'd all be happy to discuss them with you.

•••
Just ignore this this rubbish, hes posting a new thread every day just to get a reaction from people, hes not being serious. Just trolling people 😉 Remember hes had 50 offers this month already 🤣

Last edited:
•••
Just ignore this this rubbish, hes posting a new thread every day just to get a reaction from people, hes not being serious. Just trolling people...
antagonizing everyone, and hasn't contributed anything positive domaining wise. Why hasn't the moderators taken action on this negative member yet is...curious.

•••
my most valuable domain name was purchased here for $20 and one my first buys.

it’s “godaddy appraised” 9k for what its worth...

Domain buying requires valuation which has no exact science, but dont write this..

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Hello folks and spokes.

My MAN(tm).

tell me more about OJ Simpson

•••
Show us your domains first then we talk

•••
You guys are a bunch of jokes crying because you can't handle the truth. The "negative" members are going to save your ass a whole lot of money. You have a thread on everything imaginable except the only thing that really matters, how much money you've made from the domains you've sold. You think Wall street investors are sitting around talking about their daily stocks purchased? No, because nobody gives a damn. They're talking about which stock is making them money.

If you are not making money from your domains you are not a domain investor. You're just a buyer. Stop thinking like a rookie.

Last edited:
•••
You guys are a bunch of jokes crying because you can't handle the truth. The "negative" members are going to save your ass a whole lot of money. You have a thread on everything imaginable except the only thing that really matters, how much money you've made from the domains you've sold. You think Wall street investors are sitting around talking about their daily stocks purchased? Their talking about which stock is making them money.

If you are not making money from your domains you are not a domain investor. Your just a buyer.

No it is not about that, it is about an arrogant newbie talking like an expert without telling much about his own experience!

The advice he gave is too obvious and has been said countless times in the forum and no need to open another thread for the sake of bragging!

Yes dont buy rubbish domain, true 1 good domain is better than 100 bad ones. Me and others said that many times in several threads... So this is not new discovery it is common knowledge here!

•••
@BlackCatsAreNice .. what's the point of this thread?

Obviously what you say is true. It's nothing new and almost everyone who's making money domaining not only agrees that most domains held by (all) domainers are garbage, but we've all said it a million times before.

Most people who enter domaining never make money because they buy an endless stream of garbage domains. This has been going on for decades.

So I'm not sure why you started a thread on this with zero new information or perspective or most importantly advice!

It would be significantly more productive and constructive if you actually gave examples and advice of what makes a good domain versus a bad domain. Otherwise this thread is pointless and just seems like you're an attention grabbing troll who bashes everyone without at least offering help.

So please .. prove yourself a worthy member of this community and make this a useful thread by actually tangibly helping others by posting useful on topic content! :)

•••
antagonizing everyone, and hasn't contributed anything positive domaining wise. Why hasn't the moderators taken action on this negative member yet is...curious.

Yep. Actions speak a lot louder than words.

The mods can say all the right things, but it really doesn't matter if they allow this nonsense to continue. This is yet another pointless thread only intended to troll/antagonize by the OP.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I think you have a point but the way you represented is a little bit offensive. I think most of people including myself learn that the hard way.. instead of registering 100 random domains, it's wiser to spend that money on one good domain.

This rule also applies to real life, if you want to buy a product go with a good quality product that is usually more expensive.. Cheap stores are busy not just because the price is right, but also because the cheap products don't last long, so people come back to replace and buy more.

Last edited:
•••
•••
The other thread shouldn't have been closed as a duplicate. It was particularly about making logos for poor domains. This one is about quality over quantity.

(n)

•••
I'm trying to figure out how OJ Simpson fits into the analogy. :coffee:

•••
•••
Or an arrogant expert talking like a newbie?
Either way, it's plain arrogant! Trolling with antagonizing babbling is simply non-constructive to the forum.

Last edited:
•••
•••
A tarry cocksure whiz?

:xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
•••
We don't get to see your names as you do not post them thanks for the judgement but i see crap names that astonish me being sold all the time i also own a lot of crap names.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back