Dynadot

It Gets worse - iReit Continued

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
For those of you who thought the iReit list on Afternic was a joke, you simply may have gotten to the party too late.

The following domain names were just reported as being sold:

Say.org - $500
WJA.com - $735
ZLI.com - $500
PQT.com - $571
RLU.com - $900
Gut.org - $500
LLJ.com - $603

Story here: http://namebio.com/NameBioBlog/2008/04/04/the-rape-of-ireit/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Spade said:
For those of you who thought the iReit list on Afternic was a joke, you simply may have gotten to the party too late.

Say.org - $500
WJA.com - $735
ZLI.com - $500
PQT.com - $571
RLU.com - $900
Gut.org - $500
LLJ.com - $603

D-:

•••
•••
Spade said:

Say.org - $500
WJA.com - $735
ZLI.com - $500
PQT.com - $571
RLU.com - $900
Gut.org - $500
LLJ.com - $603

Ouch, I haven't seen these prices ... in a few years! :guilty: :imho:
Thanks for the post, Justin.
-Jeff B-)

•••
Spade said:

Say.org - $500
WJA.com - $735
ZLI.com - $500
PQT.com - $571
RLU.com - $900
Gut.org - $500
LLJ.com - $603

Thanks for the link :)

•••
LOL
ohh man
Some people have got a very sweet deal.

•••
mis_chiff said:
Thanks for the link :)

Appologies. Developer locked out the site for an update - it should be accessable now.

•••
EG.domains said:

D-: indeed.
If I would have been lucky enough to get my hands on one LLL.com for such a price....[dream on]

•••
BTW... all of the LLL.com were purchased by on individual. Talk about a nice payday.

•••
Spade said:
BTW... all of the LLL.com were purchased by on individual. Talk about a nice payday.

Ah
A very lucky individual indeed.

•••
Spade said:
Appologies. Developer locked out the site for an update - it should be accessable now.

It is, thanks :)

These are the sales I dream about :o
Were these domains listed "publicly" for sale?
I never saw anything about them!

•••
mis_chiff said:
It is, thanks :)

These are the sales I dream about :o
Were these domains listed "publicly" for sale?
I never saw anything about them!

I believe they were listed on Afternic on Thurs or Friday. I wasnt made aware of them until late Friday - by then it was too late. The LLL.com's were gone, and most of the LLL.org and LLL.net's had been pulled. Apparently there were also some CC.nets and CC.orgs - but i'm not sure if they ever made it to afternics listings.

•••
D-: i just cant believe it
are these guys so desperate or dont they know the current prices?

•••
Spade said:
Say.org - $500

This is not just a LLL.org :guilty:

BTW, nothing left? :) or at least you were lucky to pick any of these [no definition yet] ?

•••
EG.domains said:
This is not just a LLL.org :guilty:

BTW, nothing left? :) or at least you were lucky to pick any of these [no definition yet] ?

Say.org and Gut.org were actually picked up by one of our very own NamePros Staffers. Im sure he'll drop in and give us a nod.

•••
•••
Spade said:
Say.org and Gut.org were actually picked up by one of our very own NamePros Staffers. Im sure he'll drop in and give us a nod.
Great News indeed. :tu:

•••
Spade said:
:tu:

(that's a nod)

Even though I got these mega-bargains, I'm still very jealous of the guy that picked up the LLL .coms. :hehe:

•••
Etab said:

(that's a nod)

Even though I got these mega-bargains, I'm still very jealous of the guy that picked up the LLL .coms. :hehe:

I cried a little this morning when I found out.

Justin

•••
Spade said:
I cried a little this morning when I found out.

Justin
a little?!! :)

•••
Etab said:

(that's a nod)

Nice grabs..!! Where was I :'(

•••
EG.domains said:
a little?!! :)

I had to get my act together though and break this story!

BTW.... Is anyone a bit scared that a publicly traded company that specializes in domain names is making HUGE mistakes like this?

•••
wow, someone just got a nice payday

•••
Etab said:

(that's a nod)

Congrats Steve :tu:

I'm really more than happy for you :)

Excellent timing. How you found out about those?

•••
Sam said:
wow, someone just got a nice payday
Kind of like you and your .BZ frenzy from a little while back. ;) I now know how you felt.

EG.domains said:
Congrats Steve :tu:

I'm really more than happy for you :)

Excellent timing. How you found out about those?
Thanks!

I had been browsing Sedo and (for the first time) Afternic for random LLL .orgs on Thursday. I came back on Friday, and saw a curiously long list of LLL .orgs at Afternic by the same seller (ireitinc). I couldn't believe it, and bought SAY and GUT immediately. There were a lot of other nice LLL .orgs on the list, which was taken down a few minutes after I picked up SAY and GUT.

They disappeared from my account after paying for them, and I thought it was too good to be true. I was on edge all day. I was a little disappointed, but I told myself I'd get over it. A few hours later, the names re-appeared in my account, though. :tu:

I'm more than blessed to have had such great timing. B-)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back