IT.COM

Is This Possible???

NameSilo
Watch

Untitled

ThE POwEr oF An IDeAEstablished Member
Impact
Hey Guyz.........

I have been thinking of a strange idea........

Can you people tell me whether it's wrong or right??

Ok what if i got a 2 letter domain name like........... [ gg.com ]

It's just an example........Ok what if i get a domain like that and create subdomains with that account and offer free domains to everyone......

Like i will tell people that i can create domains with extension .gg.com and create subdomains for them and redirect to their page.........

LOL.........is this legal??? Are people allowed to do that???

Please reply

Untitled

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That's perfectly fine. http://www.nic.de.vu/ does that for .de.vu domains which are extremely popular in Germany. On that site you can get yourname.de.vu if you don't want to pay for a real .de domain.

•••
This is correct not only fo 2 letters domain, but for any other. :)

•••
That Sounds Coooool!!!

Might try it

Thank you,

Untitled

•••
Its been done 1000 times before. Yes, its possible... but the market for this kind of thing is very saturated.

•••
Oh yeah i know i get it.............

But anyway thnx a lot for the info ppl!!

Untitled

•••
All you would be doing is providing a redirection service similar to CJB.net and many others. You do not have to provide hosting to offer sub-domains. If you could find a good 2 letter domain and offer this service and then monetize it you would do very well most likely.

Good luck

Kevin

•••
oOo...that is legal...and people use that..

•••
CentralNIC just does that.

•••
As long as you own the domain name, you can do pretty much what you like. All offering yourname.gg.com domains is, is creating a subdomain that points to another hosting site.

Good luck!

- Luke :alien:

•••
Wow this helped me out too! I'mma try this...

•••
Nice to hear this thread is helping out people too...

And yeah even i'm going to try this after i get a good 2 or three letter domain.

LOL........wish i had a time machine........Then i could reverse everything and be the 1st one to release such kind of domains

LOL

Untitled

•••
good luck getting a 2 letter domain.

•••
Thanx a lot!!!

Thinking of what to buy........

Untitled

•••
I'll always thought about it.. never tried. Wonder how it's like. And I think you will need to provide the customer a kind of "control panel". Kinda like .co.nr names.

•••
maybe I should do this with N0.cc
Anyone For I.Have.N0.cc??

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back