IT.COM

Ideas for creating logos for domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WillW

Upgraded Member
Impact
I know there are a few options one can take to create logos for domains, like hiring a company/website or doing it yourself. I've just built my portfolio through Efty and I'd like to create logos for each of my domains. I'm wondering what strategies has worked best for people on here, based on pricing, domain sales/client feedback, and personal opinion. Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I know there are a few options one can take to create logos for domains, like hiring a company/website or doing it yourself. I've just built my portfolio through Efty and I'd like to create logos for each of my domains. I'm wondering what strategies has worked best for people on here, based on pricing, domain sales/client feedback, and personal opinion. Thanks!
For fast, free and pretty professional results, you can try one of the logo generators like LogoMaker.com.

•••
Logopit_1505557490545.jpg

The above logo created using Android app logopit plus. Though it's still not finished.

•••
I hired someone from here to do mine.

•••
Inkscape is a free & powerful image editor as well as is GIMP. Try them, see what you like and you will easily be able to use cool fonts, images, etc. if you have lots of extra free money Photoshop is my favorite - honestly overkill if you really just need a bunch of 300x80 images/logos.

•••
If you’re lazy you can spend $5 for one at fiverr.com

•••
Great -Thanks everyone for the info! I'll definitely check all of them out.

Buying and selling domains are expensive enough as it is, so I'm definitely going to be designing the logos myself.

I was thinking about using photoshop or illustrator for the logos based on prior knowledge and comfortability but like @DnameAgame said, it's honestly really overkill for domain name logos, not to mention the price tag associated with them.

It's amazing to think that there was a time when I thought selling domains would be a piece of cake! Now I'm about to design logos for 90+ domains, for the portfolio I just created, on the 9th domain related website I have an account on. Is it Christmas yet?

•••
I Have designed logos for many of my domains in the past and I do graphics work so they are nice logos.

In my experience a logo does not make much of a difference.

The truth is if someone is interested in your domain a logo will not make much of a difference.

Either they want the name or they don't.

•••
I used snappa.com to make the logo's for my domains for my Efty site. They are pretty basic. You can see them at iNames.co

•••
I'm going to be honest... make sure they look nice. I've seen some self-made logos by non-designers and they're cringeworthy to look at. You can find pros for affordable rates here and elsewhere.

Good luck.

•••
CoolText.com is the one I use

•••
I've been working in and around graphic design for 10+ years and this website honestly blew me away in terms of quality:

https://logojoy.com/generate

If you have a lot of logos it would be a good solution

•••
Memorated.png
dosexo.png
DPyDK24X0AA3BrZ.jpg
KingBurguerefty.png
Briip.png

All done by myself thanks to canvas. I think its the easier and cheapper way to create a logo for a domain. Regards.

Attachments

• DPthA9MWsAYWYG6.jpg
    DPthA9MWsAYWYG6.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 27
•••
We use logojoy.com for ours - you can see them on our domain name auction site - Futura Domains.
Good luck!

•••
Thank you guys for all the help - I'll definitely check all of them out!

•••
I have a Shutterstock subscription and just search for relatable images then use they editor tool. The nice thing you can download the purchased image unlimited times to create other logos. They also have a great tool for resizing the images. The subscription I have is $49.95 a month which allows for 10 download per month. It's perfect for what I need, but some might need a higher per month download. They also have various promo codes you can use to get a discount on the subscription.

Below are some logos I created using the Shutterstock editor tool:

28c4037ab2b59c2691791b624f3639c4.jpg

fe685b2611f297eb27e080c6ba8ee12d.jpg

dc51512da7d5eb23f1eca0349452c92d.jpg

b4deb9fe503cc09e2e5f9e00e43629c3.jpg

Last edited:
•••
I use flamingtext.com to make simple banners to use as logos - it's quick and free.
Here is one -
foxy-talk-title.png

•••
I can highly recommend LogoMakr.com. They have a wide range of vector images and font styles, but still, the interface is quite easy to use.
Here is one very basic logo I created just now, in about 2 minutes:
Screen Shot 2017-12-09 at 13.05.50.png

Edit: My 1000th post here. Just noticed :) Cheers guys.

Last edited:
•••
For £4.99 you can get a logo www(do)startbrand(dot)co(dot)uk to design one for you and they will then list your your domain on their marketplace, unfortuantely the domain remains the property of startbrand until you domain gets sold and you cannot list your domain elsewhere using the logo.

•••
I've not got much into designing sophisticated logos, but to put together some basic ones for Efty listings I use Art Text 2 for the Mac (the current version is Art Text 3). I got it inexpensively as part of a software bundle, and it is very easy to use, and there are no further costs or restrictions on use of logos you create.

•••
I can highly recommend LogoMakr.com. They have a wide range of vector images and font styles, but still, the interface is quite easy to use.
Here is one very basic logo I created just now, in about 2 minutes:
Show attachment 74862

Edit: My 1000th post here. Just noticed :) Cheers guys.

That is very cool and easy to use, @akos ! Thanks so much for sharing. I am definitely going to try that out.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back