Dynadot

Is This Niche Still a Money Maker, or Has Domaining Reached Its End?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Skyislimit

Established Member
Impact
Hey everyone,

I'm new here and I've been reading a lot of stuff about different topics. I'm wondering if the niche I'm interested in can still make money or if it's not worth it anymore.

If it's still profitable, what do you think is the best way to approach it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey everyone,

I'm new here and I've been reading a lot of stuff about different topics. I'm wondering if the niche I'm interested in can still make money or if it's not worth it anymore.

If it's still profitable, what do you think is the best way to approach it?

Since you did not disclose the niche or a domain for that matter, it's nearly impossible for anyone to give you any real advice on it.

That being said, let me just go ahead and say "The sky's the limit!"

stl.PNG

•••
Since you did not disclose the niche or a domain for that matter, it's nearly impossible for anyone to give you any real advice on it.

That being said, let me just go ahead and say "The sky's the limit!"

Show attachment 254703
Thank you for your response.
Niche- Domain flipping

As a newcomer, which category should I pursue in the domain industry? I recently purchased the domain name inz.ai. Do you believe it was a wise choice for my initial purchase?

•••
Niche- Domain flipping

As a newcomer, which category should I pursue in the domain industry? I recently purchased the domain name inz.ai. Do you believe it was a wise choice for my initial purchase?
It could be a domain hack for Inzai, a city in Japan. It's also short. I think it's good.

•••

Regarding pricing the domain for sale, could you advise on a suitable amount for inz.ai?

Also, if you don't mind, I have another question: what niche or strategy should I focus on to achieve success in domain flipping and investing?

•••
Hello,
First things first, welcome to the NamesPro Forum! Regardless of its profitability, this situation involves both buyers and sellers, as is customary.

Domain Trading (at least since I'm here)
  • The potential buyer may be experiencing economic instability and is inclined to acquire an asset such as domains—it's just simple economics.
  • This buyer could be a domain trader or a reseller for a company seeking domains.
  • From the seller's standpoint, various categories of individuals exist in this vicinity. Some may be looking to offload unused domains for profit, while others may seek to capitalize on the growing demand for specific domain names. Both parties must communicate openly and negotiate effectively to reach a mutually beneficial agreement.

Your first Domain Buy
  • Based on my personal experience, I can confirm that domain prices are currently at a low level.
  • Regarding your initial purchase: In light of my limited understanding of this game, I would not have made a purchase based on my honest opinion.
  • Indeed, it is a 3L domain; however, there are additional factors that would prevent me from purchasing it. For example, the domain may not have strong branding potential or may not align with current market trends. It is crucial to carefully evaluate all aspects before investing in a domain name.
  • You probably have one year to either sell or renew it. For an ".AI" Domain, it could be a costly renewal.
  • However, if you possess a reliable ".com" domain devoid of hyphens or numbers and preferably of a concise length, your initial investment amounts to approximately $7–10, contingent upon the registrar.

Things that I would do differently as a beginner, from what I have learned
  • I am uncertain if this advice is appropriate. Still, if you possess sufficient funds, purchasing "expired domains" with a well-defined filter as a predetermined option and acquiring them would be advisable.
  • Conducting thorough research and staying updated on current market trends is essential to generating profits from domain flipping. Developing a strategic marketing plan to attract potential buyers can significantly increase the chances of a successful sale. In leading trading, acquiring domains at a reduced cost and selling them at an elevated price is advisable.

• SEO, as I have learned, is also a topic to consider.
  • Use the free Tools that are available, like WayBackMachine, to see the History of a Domain.
  • Dont buy impulsively
  • Look at NameBio.com to see if similar domains were sold, and use this as a potential baseline. BUT(!), it is historical data—like in technical analysis for stocks or crypto, you follow something and build a scheme to make an assumption.
  • And last but not least: Quality over Quantity. Thats the most important point. Renewal fees can be tricky, and the hard liquidation of low-value domains is something you should avoid.

Anyways,
Good luck here, and I hope I was able to help somehow.

Best regards,
zotix

•••
Wow, that was a thorough analysis in response to my question. Thanks for that.

I was actually considering the idea of buying low-priced domains from expireddomains.net as well.

Would you recommend any particular communities, YouTube channels, or paid courses I should consider joining or purchasing?

•••
Please dont.
Probably someone else has another opinion on that, and I appreciate it.
But, from my point of view: First, learn through free Articles here on NamesPro, Extend your knowledge, check Trends, and as an optional point which might help you (this is the only course I'm doing - paid 12k$ Digital Marketing Course), but I would never do it for a Hobby like Domain Trading.
It is for my primary income.
Otherwise, the Internet is complete with free Stuff.

Start with the lowest budget and invest in your knowledge through meaningful FREE courses. There are a bunch of content creators, Article writers & sometimes Udemy Courses you can learn from.

If I hear "paid course or joining the community," I get Andrew Tate Vibes or people who want to be your Lifecoach.
Charging people 1k+ to teach them oversaturated income stream methods while already doing something new. Earning from people who most likely have little income and telling them shi*.

Go through the Forum and read the Articles. I will link you some later—there are a bunch of Guides split into Parts.
"Domaining for Beginners," I guess.
If you use the Search Function and type "Domain Tools" or something similar, you will find things you need to know.

And remember (Evergreen sentence): This is not a sprint, but a marathon.
You have a great community here, helping each other without judging, so take advantage of it. First, read the article, which will help you gain essential knowledge.

Start with the following Beginner Collection, and you will gain a lot of knowledge. If there are questions, raise them.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/popular-domain-beginner-resources.844937/

There you go.

Best
zotix

•••
Niche- Domain flipping

In this industry, pursue what you know.
The more you know, the better you'll do.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back