NameSilo

question Is there a parking service that supports https?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dimitar Nestorov

Established Member
Impact
Google Chrome refuses to visit the new .app domains without https

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Over 99% of those .app domains are without any traffic, except bots.
I don't see any reasons to overload/downtime the parking servers due to these SSL games...
I think, regarding monetization (Google PPC) - this should be provided individually... per domains where traffic really exists... for example, $1/domain/mo for SSL cert service.

In the meantime, wouldnt it be difficult to sell these to prospective buyers if even simple landing pages wont resolve due to ssl issues? Also - how many of these new domains are WHOIS private, plus WHOIS leaning toward privacy anyway... If someone is interested in getting in touch with the domain owner then it may be difficult until the SSL issues are resolved.

•••
In other words, this Let'sEncrypt or similar - firstly, should be implemented by registrars... to freely use .app domains.
Instead, we are talking here about various parkings...

•••
p.s. Registrars and Google just make money...
They don't care about you at all.

•••
We're currently working on a solution and might be able to introduce SSL on over 1M domains. If the negotiations go well this week we might be able to introduce SSL secured for sale pages next week.

To be continued...
@Undeveloped leading the way as usual. :xf.cool:

•••
If you already have hosting you can get an SSL for free anyway. I just did one to test and it took less than 5 minutes and works fine.
Can you explain what you did exactly?

Did not hosted the domains and did not setup the SSL? Only parked them to undeveloped with "that" option enabled?

•••
•••
LetsEncrypt + forward to Afternic salespage works fine for me.
example: dinner.app
A lot of people are not tech savvy enough to do that themselves, but that is the solution. Hopefully all the Parking/Landing companies will catch up soon to help the less savvy out, and also simplify matters without the need for the external redirect.

Last edited:
•••
And I have received this news from Hexonet:

As of July 1st, 2018, any website viewed on the world's most popular browser, Google Chrome, that does not have an SSL certificate will receive a pop up claiming it is not a secure site.

•••
LetsEncrypt + forward to Afternic salespage works fine for me.
example: dinner.app
Afternic likes to ban whole IP-ranges or even whole countries...
For example, from Ukraine it is not accessible a few years already.

•••
All .app domains you'll park with us will now have SSL enabled! We're now rolling out SSL to all extensions gradually to avoid any issues causing for example downtime.

ParkingCrew and Bodis said me that TLS/SSL will be supported within 1-2 months...

Cough ( @Donny )

Guess it is possible after all. :xf.wink:

•••
@Michael M, Cough, don't see it yet. Turn your head to the left... And Cough please.

Donny

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back