Domain Empire

tips Is there a faster way to speed up GD closeout purchase ?

NameSilo
Watch

Primary Names

Top Member
Impact
Whenever I need to book a domain at GD closeout. I follow normal procedure : wait for the auction to end and go to closeout, refresh, search for name, register it as soon as possible. This process takes me hardly about a minute but 70% of time I fail and someone beats me to it. Is there a better / faster /smarter way to speed up this process ?

Please share your process if you have a good success rate of doing this. I searched this forum for any tips on this before posting this, could not get anything useful.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
you can get just as good domains from expired domains .net and hand reg them on sale for 2-5 bucks ,you just gotta be selective and take your time. so a good closeout for 11 bucks plus min renewal fee of 9 bucks ,with 20 bucks you can buy 5 for the price of 1 ,and any domain that makes it to closeout can expire too ,if they don't get picked up .so many expiring ,so few saved . Its all about quality and volume

•••
I think you are talking about the ones in the deleted pool. I have been scouring it a lot, but its absolute garbage. Sorry but you can get just as good domains there is simply not true OR maybe my selection parameters are a different than yours. I really appreciate your input though, thanks.

•••
I think you are talking about the ones in the deleted pool. I have been scouring it a lot, but its absolute garbage. Sorry but you can get just as good domains there is simply not true OR maybe my selection parameters are a different than yours. I really appreciate your input though, thanks.
Any domain that gets to closeout in my opinion is expired ,or else there would be a 12 dollar bid or higher,so I place them in the same category as the ones you buy at closeout. example you will never see a LLLL.com in closeout. The advantage besides price is that you can easily scan through thousands of domains in minutes. I can weed through the junk pretty fast. Also don't tell me about standards ,I I'm sure what I have in my account is a lot better than what you have. Sold 7 domains on afternic this month ,how many did you sell

•••
@ben pedri If not me there may be other who has sold better than you. I dont know what you presumed and got upset for, I was just trying to say thanks.

Also you are missing the point of the question. I am not asking for alternative methods for picking domains. I am asking a very specific question - how do i speed up the process that I follow.

Last edited:
•••
@ben pedri If not me there may be other who has sold better than you. I dont know what you presumed and got upset for, I was just trying to say thanks.
I'm just trying to NOT steer you away but look at other options ,also sometimes if the auction is nearing and you want the domain never pay 12 if your watching the auction want till it becomes closeout at 11 and make sure you get it. Use 2 computers and go back and forth ,no way to speed up the auction got to get through 43 days expired wheather you paid 12 11 or 5 , be patient sift wisely ,good luck Ben

Last edited:
•••
Search for GoDaddy $11 Closeout Snipe with your favorite search engine and there are bloggers with hints, then add the word namepros to the search to find hints here

In short - have a prefunded account balance and make sure it is your default payment method, do NOT try and futz with coupons, have multiple tabs with the name pre-loaded in search and refresh often. Be really familiar with the checkout process so you learn exactly where to click and when, practice with random $5 names then bail at the end before purchase since the closeout sequence will be the same.

Do you have the Discount Club? Then your COM cost is only $8.40ish, best option to find some members here who are GD Master Resellers you can get a better price on the DDC

Plus I agree with @ben pedri especially since you are still new - you should do your best to spend less or not spend at all as you learn

. . . I do not have a good grip on domaining yet but I am a fast learner and a survivor . . .

•••
Please share your process if you have a good success rate of doing this. I searched this forum for any tips on this before posting this, could not get anything useful.

There was a discussion about this not too long ago.

For me, you just have to be fast and try your best to time the end of the closeout appearance. OR buy the closeout catcher software that everyone has been using heavily in the past 6 months.

With that said, most domains that reach closeout are not worth very much. Just remember that you get what you pay for.

Hope you catch some good ones! <3

•••
Last edited:
•••
OR buy the closeout catcher software that everyone has been using heavily in the past 6 months.
Can you elaborate? What's the name of this software?

•••
Can you elaborate? What's the name of this software?
she knows nothing,there is software ,but if you go against other systems you will lose. They use top trading software ,along with hundreds of servers.

•••
@Doughmange - yes please share the name of the closeout catcher software, I could find nothing about it in your referenced thread

•••
•••
@Doughmange - yes please share the name of the closeout catcher software, I could find nothing about it in your referenced thread
I cant believe you cant find it its being heavily used ,I think its called Kramars delicious mystery domain sniping appetizer system. everyones using.

•••
she knows nothing,there is software ,but if you go against other systems you will lose. They use top trading software ,along with hundreds of servers.

You are a funny man, keep working on your smartest man in the room routine. Seems effective ( lol ).

The people using the software are doing custom builds through freelancers. So it's not software you can just pick up online, but you can have someone crank out something cheap.

This is what the advanced snipers are using.

I have done a lot of successful sniping, and research on the subject through GD contacts. They know it goes no but it's not a huge problem as it seems as of now because there is no turnkey product offered online.

Work smarter not harder that's all I'm saying. I have found that closeouts aren't even worth the hassle anymore.

Good luck.

•••
You are a funny man, keep working on your smartest man in the room routine. Seems effective ( lol ).

The people using the software are doing custom builds through freelancers. So it's not software you can just pick up online, but you can have someone crank out something cheap.

This is what the advanced snipers are using.

I have done a lot of successful sniping, and research on the subject through GD contacts. They know it goes no but it's not a huge problem as it seems as of now because there is no turnkey product offered online.

Work smarter not harder that's all I'm saying. I have found that closeouts aren't even worth the hassle anymore.

Good luck.
anything is good ,and a lot slips by ,I actually recovered a domain in december I was letting go Because I had an inquiry,premiere customer ,got it 29 days after expiration, ,would have cost 20 bucks but they let me slide on the internal redemption ,it was still on expiring domain or else I would have paid 11 for closeout ,guess what ,no one was bidding for this decent domain,i ended up selling for 2700 netting about 2300 ,at sedo

Last edited:
•••
I'm not sure when it started, but GoDaddy has begun randomizing the amount of time it takes for a domain to pop back up in closeout. It used to be they would pop back up after 1 minute, like clockwork. Now its not the case, it can be anywhere up to 25 minutes or more (as far as I've tested). @Doughmange Is the sniping software you mention smart enough to still be successful with the randomization?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back