Dynadot

Is TheHungerSite.com A Scam?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I've been recommending going to www.thehungersite.com and clicking to help alleviate world wide hunger for quite some time now. Recently tho, I've been wondering how effective the site is and whether or not it could be a scam to get clicks so I Googled and got this:

I know this whole "click on a button, feed a hungry person" story sounds too good to be true, but I called one of the Hunger Site's sponsors and they confirmed that they were indeed donating 3 cents for everyone who clicks on the site's "Donate Free Food" button. The sponsors are donating the money to generate goodwill (and, truth be told, sponsoring the Hunger Site is also a brilliant marketing move -- once someone clicks on the "Donate Free Food" button, they are taken to a page that shows a small ad for the sponsor. The click-through rates for these ads must be phenomenal!)

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/business/a/hunger_site.htm

Hey, actually I wasn't concerned.. The Hunger Site has been around for ages and undoubtedly does help by providing a way you can help worldwide hunger with just a click on a banner! Just thought I'd post this to remind you to drop by and relieve any possible concerns from the newbies!

Go there now:

www.thehungersite.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back