IT.COM

question Is the bottom in for 3L.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Is the bottom in for 3L.com?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yup, 3L.com is heading way higher in 2020

votes
    29.0%
  • 3L.com trending higher

votes
    14.5%
  • 3L.com is steady -- the bottom is definitely in

votes
    21.0%
  • 3L.com is still finding bottom

votes
    14.5%
  • Look out below

vote
    1.6%
  • I prefer my 3G phone actually

votes
    19.4%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
Epik Founder
Impact
Quick gut check on pricing outlook of 3L.com domains.

For some months, this market looked weak, but this week we have seen a notable spike in activity with inbound prospects inquiring about 3L.com domains and a spike in closed transactions.

The 4N.com market is still hot -- very little inventory available with strong hands holding most of the inventory resulting in mostly fully-priced domains. 5N.com also is seeing some uptick.

I am not sure if it is a trend but the China buyers seem to be coming back into the market for 3L.com in a big way, perhaps expanding beyond the red hot 3N/4N market.

What are other folks seeing out there with 3L.com? I have noticed a few patterns for what is getting a bid. Curious to hear what others are seeing.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How much are the market for 3L.com?

more familiar with 4L.com (much more affordable to average investor)

Samer

•••

more quite familiar with 4L.com (much more affordable to average investor)

Samer

$XX,XXX+ placeholders accepted ;)

Last edited:
•••

more familiar with 4L.com (much more affordable to average investor)

Samer

4L.com is still a buyer's market except for CVCV.com and similar brandables. The random 4 letter combos that were previously hot are still interesting but not liquid.

•••
4L.com is still a buyer's market except for CVCV.com and similar brandables. The random 4 letter combos that were previously hot are still interesting but not liquid.

Agree on all points, but what’s “random”? subjective.. (!) dont forget acronym factor, and 456,976 supply-demand, i tend to just avoid “X” “Z” maybe “Q” more opportunistic “interesting” than made seem, wish i had more! ;)

As for 3L.com... all have to go for 3L is shortnames.
Some interesting 3L in auction now..

26 days left add (dot com) current high $201K (!!)

Sounds like lack of 3L sale volume, so hard to valuate!

will try to ask @jmcc hosterstats

Samer

Last edited:
•••
26 days left add (dot com) current high bid $200K
I actually think this is already more than it’s worth. It’s one of those domains that seems great on the surface but is too confusing to stand alone. The first thing most people would think if they heard the domain in an ad is that it’s just that, AD.com.

I believe as crypto rises, so will values of short domains. We seen it a few years ago when loads of LL were going to China. I actually used btc to purchase a killer LLL that is worth far more than the buying price. We should see an uptick moving forward for sure.

•••
I actually think this is already more than it’s worth. It’s one of those domains that seems great on the surface but is too confusing to stand alone. The first thing most people would think if they heard the domain in an ad is that it’s just that, AD.com.

I believe as crypto rises, so will values of short domains. We seen it a few years ago when loads of LL were going to China. I actually used btc to purchase a killer LLL that is worth far more than the buying price. We should see an uptick moving forward for sure.

There may well be a correlation there -- mad-money seeks its level. Stock markets also sky high which will see some asset rotation at some point. The pattern I am seeing here is more China-specific.

•••
The pattern I am seeing here is more China-specific.
Unless the domain is in Chinese, it doesn’t matter. Buyers are buyers. If China wants to pay me a premium for my domains, so be it. Could be a buyer from China, US, India, or a wherever... if someone pays the ask, who cares where they’re from.

It is interesting though that China loves crypto and that’s where you see specific interest. Sell to the money!

•••
•••
What are other folks seeing out there with 3L.com? I have noticed a few patterns for what is getting a bid. Curious to hear what others are seeing.

Recently, CN central bank pumped $30bn into the market before the Spring festival, so you can expect quick-to-die / short-term 3-6 L/N DN liquidity.

In mid 2018 China softens (slowed down) "Made in China 2025" plan and as a result, we saw 4L/N. 5L/N and some of 3L/N prices rapidly falling. Some of ... west based dn brokers/investors decide to set up a joint venture in/with China co's. and even willing to sustain losses in order to establish beachfront for 2021+ (as a result taking many advantages).

If you are offering something related to technology (2-6 L/N domains), that is strategic to CN’s 2025 plan - either wholly-owned or in partnership w CN base, you should do your DD to ensure you understand "how silk road works / getting money out of CN / paying back %, etc).

Regards

Last edited:
•••
Perhaps of interest a China buyer was asking for this pattern:

1. Starts with: N, C,
2. Ends with: N, J, T, P, O, D, R

The middle letter was not a concern.

If anyone has insight on that, please comment.

•••
3L.com are not trading among domainers very rarely , they are going to bring more money in 2020 and beyond, it is just a matter of when a 3L.com holder wants to sell at this point IMO

•••
3L.com are not trading among domainers very rarely , they are going to bring more money in 2020 and beyond, it is just a matter of when a 3L.com holder wants to sell at this point IMO

True, but the 3L.com market went soft in 2019.

My thesis is that the 4N.com market has become seized up as the supply wants $100K+ and the demand is not ready to go there yet

The 3N.com market is at ~$300K and holding or heading higher, but again the supply is tight with mostly non-motivated sellers.

So, I see speculative money going back into 3L.com since there are plenty of weak hands holding 3L.com right now.

•••
@Keith Add is also ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) so that's another angle for it that does pass the radio test when spelled out. I don't know if 200K isn't too high for a reseller though even with this additional meaning.

Last edited:
•••
True, but the 3L.com market went soft in 2019.

My thesis is that the 4N.com market has become seized up as the supply wants $100K+ and the demand is not ready to go there yet

The 3N.com market is at ~$300K and holding or heading higher, but again the supply is tight with mostly non-motivated sellers.

So, I see speculative money going back into 3L.com since there are plenty of weak hands holding 3L.com right now.

I am one of those weak hands as i hold three of them, they get offers weekly and have been for several years now, i am not inclined to sell until i get an offer i like, so far the highest offer i received is $22.700 on one of them, i countered with $37,000 and they went quite, i will get the 37K on that name, very possibly this year of 2020 IMO

Last edited:
•••
4L.com on average is volatile right now, i think they will be fine though , 4 number and 5 number domains are mostly targeted by the Chinese right now, 3L.com are being held and not traded IMO

Last edited:
•••
@Keith Add is also ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) so that's another angle for it that does pass the radio test when spelled out. I don't know if 200K isn't too high for a reseller though even with this additional meaning.

if think he’s exaggerating.. Go to Add.com!!

then take a look at this screenshot... :ROFL:

DE4D9A74-AAB0-4DAC-95A2-8A548CA86446.jpeg

Last edited:
•••
@Samer Thanks. I'm aware of the current price. I was just adding the ADD meaning to the equation because it does add some additional value.

•••
@Samer Thanks. I'm aware of the current price. I was just adding the ADD meaning to the equation because it does add some additional value.

i wasnt, usually they’re lame GD park pages or re-direct to auction, wonder if it includes site? found it strange? yet Cool!

It adds credence to your point; I prob wouldn’t visited, if didnt point out; curious what angle!

Samer

Last edited:
•••
pple think were exaggerating.. Go to Add.com!!

then have look at this screenshot... :ROFL:
Show attachment 141981

There is no reason for the owner of Add.com not to shoot for the moon, 3L.coms are on lock down by their owners, 3L.com domains are no longer a domainers buy IMO, they are straight out end user buys now IMO

It is much like investing in gold, at least that is the way i look at it owning 3L.com myself, when i purchased them i had no intention of selling them to a domainer, i bought them to mature, they are mature now, but they still have years more maturity if i want to wait, it is a matter of the when owners want to cash out at this point IMO

Most domainers don't purchase long term investments, meaning years of hold time, but some do

Last edited:
•••
3L .com going to spike up this year,as more companies prefer shorter or abbreviated domains now.
3L OR 4L .coms are most preferred coz

*Easer and faster to type in our browser(Specially mobile).
*People/Customers can remember the brand.
*Company abbreviation, for example- Artificial/Intelligence and Machine/Learning.com (can opt for (AINML/.com) OR (AIANDML./com).

Last edited:
•••
I think LLL.com will go up in value. There are only 17,576 total and many are off the market either owned by end users or strong investors. There are just not too many out there at reseller prices.

NameBio only shows (75) selling in the last year.

I would also have a lot more confidence in strong western letter combos. China seems to move in and out of investments constantly, but there is always a demand for western premiums.

Brad

•••
For what worth here are the average prices in NameBio-listed LLL .com sales over different time periods.
  • 2019 $61.6k
  • 2018 $109.5k
  • Past 3 yr $85k
  • Past 5 yr $56k
  • All time $52k
Bob

•••

What's your opinion on emub.com - I've had this name forever now while in and out of the domain scene and it's always seemed like the right time to sell was just around the corner or that pronounceable VCVC's were on a low and I'd wait just wait for them to bounce back. I'm getting a little sick of the name though after all the time 😂😂

•••
For what worth here are the average prices in NameBio-listed LLL .com sales over different time periods.
  • 2019 $61.6k
  • 2018 $109.5k
  • Past 3 yr $85k
  • Past 5 yr $56k
  • All time $52k
Bob

That's surprisingly consistent other than 17/18. Were there a few very highly-priced anomalies in those 2 years that caused those prices?

•••
Back