Dynadot

Is Sedo trying to prevent sales?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
In addition to showing location of the seller , Sedo seems to be showing appraisal value of domains during negotiations. I see it under "additional info" under "bidding history". I don't see a price, but there might be a price there, and it may be well below our asking price, and buyers may see it during negotiations, or after deciding to buy but before payment.
Dan is also very bad so far. There are two "sales" and both were unpaid, and will never be paid. Maybe brokers with unshaved face are creating unserious impression. Maybe instead introducing themselves as brokers, they should introduce themselves as international lawyers working for interpol. Then maybe buyers would be scared. And creating invoice before payment is extremely bad idea. Sellers should be totally hidden unless they cheat. Buyers see I have xxxx number of domains, and then they would think, I shouldn't pay xxxxx for them, because then this domainer would be ultra rich if all these domains sell, or they don't sell and I'm the only fool.
In short there is no good marketplace.
Should I evaluate Epik as well. One thing I don't like, I place a description, I'm not allowed to type a long description, and my description doesn't appear on the landing page, so landing pages are pure duplicate content, and this is bad for seo. But I will experiment with Epik anyway soon.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, none of the mentioned issues was fixed, like rocket science for their devs...
Looks that the only one solution here - to move all domains away from @Sedo

p.s. I got ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS ~10 times today.
Even without visiting my parked domains.
Just logged in with empty cache and cookies...
Then configured some domains in @Sedo panel and closed this tab...
After a few minutes typed sedo.com - and traditional (since 2020) ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS.

Last edited:
•••
Just logged in with empty cache and cookies...
Then configured some domains in @Sedo panel and closed this tab...
After a few minutes typed sedo.com - and traditional (since 2020) ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS.

Just happened to me to. It must have to do with the cookies setting.

•••
Default settings.
In Chromium and on their HUGE banner (I always accept it with default values).

Last edited:
•••

Sedo is the only one who can permanently fix this on their end. Independent test suites all produce the same output as shown above.

I've seen wrong chains of redirects on many sites, but most companies ACT on it when they are made aware of it. Sedo doesn't seem to understand or doesn't seem to care.

Last edited:
•••
Hi all,

I can confirm that we are working on resolving this issue. When the issue is resolved, we will let you know via a post. Thank you for your patience.

All the best
Chris

•••
Hi all,

I can confirm that we are working on resolving this issue. When the issue is resolved, we will let you know via a post. Thank you for your patience.

All the best
Chris

Oh wow, thanks! :xf.grin:

•••
I don't receive ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS this week, looks that they fixed it.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Chris in his Monday's PM said that they fixed it, and asked me to test...
And for last 2 days it works for me as expected without this issue.

That's of course good for you, but the problem has not been gone (or, not completely).

Sedo Chris said "When the issue is resolved, we will let you know via a post" and he has not posted yet. So I think the team is still busy.

•••
Sedo Chris said "When the issue is resolved, we will let you know via a post" and he has not posted yet. So I think the team is still busy.
Because he waits for my confirmation...
I just confirmed (after 2 test days).

Last edited:
•••
Here's the current status. Only the last 30x redirect of many redirects is shown. After this redirect chain, there's a final HTTP/2 403 error. I hope this will help Sedo to further investigate, by looking in their server logs on their side. The redirect check mentioned earlier has IP address 50.116.3.99.

Attachments

• Sedo Too Many Redirects.png
    Sedo Too Many Redirects.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 215
•••
With another popular tool I don't see such chains of redirects...

2021-03-17-172424_1920x1080_scrot.png

•••
Hi all,

Just a quick confirmation, we have now fixed the 'ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS issue.

All the best
Chris

•••
2021-04-04-172702_1920x1080_scrot.png
Hi all,

Just a quick confirmation, we have now fixed the 'ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS issue.

All the best
Chris
Hi Chris,

Unfortunately, this BUG is endless, today received it again...

•••
Since 2nd half of April no issue with redirects.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back