IT.COM

Is Sedo any good?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Is Sedo.co.uk any good for selling domains? I would like to know from those who may have tried it, is it likely that i will get a sale for a domain if i list it on the front page. At $40 per front page listing, for a month, I do not want to risk putting it there and not getting a sale. So, would any of you advise a frontpage "featured domains" listing, with a reasonable price (i.e, below $500)? Would I be likely to get a sale?

Thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good Questions anyone

HI

Hey this is a good question and I to have been thinking about doing the same, so any feedback on this question would be great.

Other wise I guess we have to try it to find out :)

Thanks
Tom Dahne

Expired Domain Software
http://www.expireddomainsoftware.com

•••
I've used sedo for a while, and bought and sold a few names there. The service is good. The only time I used the featured domain section, the domain did not sell within the month, so I cannot say either way about how effective that is. Their escrow service is quite good though.

•••
•••
Originally posted by DrWho

Ah yes, the parking program. Another story, right Doc?

•••
Ah yes, the parking program. Another story, right Doc?

I would be really interested to know this story!:o :-/

•••
do tell. The story just might help shed some light about establishing their behavior, so that even if it is the other side of the coin, if they have problems (or not) with the commission end of things, this type of practice might extend to their other business units (eg, selling domains) etc.

•••
I haven't really heard of anything bad about Sedo, whats that about their parking program RJ and DrWho?

•••
I have all my domains currently "up for sale/parked" at Sedo. So far (in about a week) I have gained $2.57 that i didn't have before jsut by having them on their "parking program" pretty sweet for nothing.

The only this I would warn is that they take a high commission (MINIMUM $100) when you sell, so your domain better be listed at a high price. Check out my links below to see what a parked sedo domain looks like. (and click the ads if you are interested!!! make me a few cents)

•••
Originally posted by Crusader
I haven't really heard of anything bad about Sedo, whats that about their parking program RJ and DrWho?

If a websurfer clicks one of your domains listed on Sedo (I listed 200+ domains) several times you will lose ALL of your commision without so much as an explanation or proof of wrong doing.

•••
Now is the click problem their specific fault or is it because they use adsense and Google is kinda nuts about fraudulent clicks?

Adsense has high payout but the catch side is that Google terminates accounts in a heartbeat at their sole discretion (and keeps all the payout) even when the clicks just might be legit. They seem to be losing alot of positive image over adsense.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back