Dynadot

.in Is .IN the sleeping giant?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Bruce Tedeschi, Digibroker.com

Let’s look at .in within this article. Discounted by most domain buyers, .in domain names are one extension where English can be used as a viable domain name. If we look at India, here are some key points:

Population as of 2008

* 1.2 BILLION people
* Population has tripled since 1960
* The U.S. population is 310-million.

Over $1-billion dollars are spent outsourcing from the U.S. to India just for IT/Customer Service contracts. The U.S. is the largest outsourcing country in the world. Based on the fact that U.S. companies outsource to India, representatives in India typically speak English.

So what’s been the problem with .in having a low resale value, basically India’s infrastructure for fiber optic cable is still evolving. However, major communications companies are rushing to India to lay this fiber.

The value of a domain in English or short characters will grow in value. So let’s take an example:

I own the domain name beautycream.in. I parked this name at parked.com and optimized the domain name. I saw a steady rise in traffic with this name with 90% of the traffic coming from India. The parking paid for the name registration in 1-month. As the name ranked higher in India search, so did the revenue. Obviously this name would be of interest to a manufacturer or be perfect for a store.

Currently name.com offers .in domain names for $3.99. I own 500 .in domain names for a total investment of $2,000. Parking revenue alone has far surpassed that. There are still GREAT .in names available. Also INF is a great place to discuss .in domain names. I have been domaining for 13-years and I firmly believe these names will have high value if you can have some patience and build the names out. Smartname.com allows you to park your domain names and also build a store in moments at no-cost to you. They also allow you to put your own code in the header, footer, and sidebar for affiliate programs such as Amazon or shopzilla.

If you’re not investing in .in, you are missing out on revenue. Remember, resale of a domain name is only a piece of monetization.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just recently, an American Company bought a link on one of my developed .in's

Cheers
Corey

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back