Is DomainSponsor dead?

NameSilo
Watch

Luke70

Established Member
Impact
Hi, it's 1 month that I'm getting:

"Important System Notice
Data for the last few days have not been updated due to delays from our upstream provider. We are working on it and should have the stats updated shortly."

And all the revenues are not updated since, anybody else got the same problem?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
upstream provider = Google...

•••
They are not working with google anymore?

Should I move my parked domains to afternic, sedo, uniregistry or somewhere else?

•••
They are not working with google anymore?

Should I move my parked domains to afternic, sedo, uniregistry or somewhere else?

afaik they don't work with G anymore, at least not directly. They have a partnership with Smartname I think (which I also think is the same as afternic) but, honestly, the whole situation there atm is kinda confusing.

I'd suggest you move your domains to ParkingCrew for the time being as there are some drastic changes happening in Google's landing pages. I don't know all the details but most domaineers should have already noticed a drop in revenue for the last 10-15 days.

•••
I splitted my parked domains even to Afternic, Sedo, Uniregistry, Parkingcrew and I left some on DomainSponsor.

About 20% on each, let's see what happens.

•••
The only thing that will happen it will be to confuse yourself even more.
All the above you mentioned use completely different ways of measuring traffic (ie. you won't be able to compare anything useful) and also have differences in how they monetise said traffic.

Reason I suggested ParkingCrew in my previous post was because it's the easiest service to manage with the best return and best monitor of your domains' performance.

Also, don't forget that each service needs a lot of time to optimise your traffic. Don't expect anything useful right away (unless you have huge traffic).

•••
I splitted my parked domains even to Afternic, Sedo, Uniregistry, Parkingcrew and I left some on DomainSponsor.

About 20% on each, let's see what happens.
Don't trust Uniregistry! They do anything they want with your domains and traffic without your permission. I caught them even removing my highest revenue producing domain from my account and replacing my parked page with their own parked page with them keeping all the revenue!

•••
Sad to hear about Uniregistry, I like their landers and for sale pages, clean and on point. The marketplace is also well done. I hope nothing wrong will happen there, I'll keep an eye opened and see what happen in the future.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back