registries .is Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jens P. Jensen

Established Member
.IS Staff
Impact
Hello,

I have opened this thread for discussions about the ccTLD .is, which has recently got more attention from Domainers world wide. ISNIC is the Registry for .is and I am the CEO. I am happy to answer questions about the TLD .is, participate in discussions as well as place a comment on Ideas from the community.

Jens Pétur Jensen
CEO
ISNIC, the. is Registry
Reykjavik
Iceland.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Happy weekend, thanks for all the tips and questions this week!
Are you sure its Friday? Check it out: www.erfostudagur.is

•••
Those nice short premium domains just got available:
cro.is
ziva.is
ment.is
drinks.is
acropol.is
citybike.is
nicebus.is
premise.is

•••
•••
•••
Hi,

Dot.is extension is mostly for professional or someone who have an extensive knowledge for dns setup and server setup.

Myself, i have a dedicated server and the dns work really well with the rule of isnic but i have work more time to setup the dns beside of godaddy or namecheap systeme who is more easy to install for a newbie.

I have to say, rookie domainer will get some problem to follow all the server rule. This fact is probably an issue for this cctld.

From my side, i own Vegas.is and well Vegas is..... what happen in vegas stays in vegas lol.

•••
Hi Jens, I really like the ISNIC site + interface and how efficient everything seems to be. I am glad that NameCheap support was added.

That said, would love these things to be addressed:

1. Work with places like Afternic, Undeveloped etc to allow for domain parking. Yes I know the issues are mostly on their end not yours but it is quite limiting.

2. More registrar support? GoDaddy, NameSilo etc will bring more exposure and lots more sales

3. Expiring domains list on the site? Or possibly able to add a "this domain is for sale" link that'll appear when you search for a domain that is taken, to help instigate more domain buying/selling between ISNIC users

Do you think any of these would be possible?

Best regards

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back