Dynadot

debate Is .CO the new .BIZ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Business Brands

Knowledge is PowerRestricted (Market)
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
do u got any more random pointless compares or is u done sounding newbie?

•••
at some point, .biz and .info did show sales and potential
but what happened to them?

•••
.io the new .info?
Pro's sell to amatuers in every market and always will. In general terms, .co/,biz/.info are simply vehicles for that (with exceptions of course, as always, for best of breed). IO might have a chance, wouldn't know, don't own any.

•••
at some point, .biz and .info did show sales and potential
but what happened to them?
If you want the long explanations, read the free chapters in the Domnomics book in my sig.

The simple explanation is that .BIZ was based on the theory that all the good names were taken. Then the DotCOM bubble burst in 2000 and all those good domain names came flooding back into the market over the next three years.

The .INFO registry invented giving away free or heavily discounted domain names on a large scale in the hope that some would renew. Neither could compete with .COM as it had the momentum. Some incompetent decision making in the mid 2000s surrendered .COM's primacy in some countries to the ccTLDs and the ccTLDs often outstrip .COM in growth in their local countries.

The problem today is that the .BIZ and .INFO have premium renewal fees for gTLDs that are not really first or second choice TLDs. This tends to keep brand protection registrations renewing but it keeps them out of competition with .COM or ccTLDs.

The .io is a ccTLD and .INFO is a gTLD. They have different markets.

Regards...jmcc

Last edited:
•••
.biz is dead. .co sucks a bit but not as bad as .xyz

Xyz numbers are plunging

Last edited:
•••
Once Godaddy becomes the new .biz registry, .biz will do well, until they are out of good ones.

•••
.co is better getting familiar
but never seen good sites with .biz

new tech startups going with ai than io

•••
My top sale in .biz is 100 times my top sale in .co, in profit. So, .co can never be a .biz, for me at least.

•••
Once Godaddy becomes the new .biz registry, .biz will do well, until they are out of good ones.
They also get .us but nothing happen since 2020 🤷

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back