IT.COM

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"As for the Copyscape,You paid for pages with Content"

That sounds ridiculous. I very much doubt that providing you with stolen content legally qualifies as fulfillment.

•••
They actually entered into your hosting account without your permission and shut down your site?

Did you give them the permission to take it down?

If NOT isn't that illegal for themto enter your account and delete things?

Wow this gets worse and worse... wonder if Adam is going to go into other customer accounts and shut down websites that prove they were stealing text from other places....

•••
Right, so if lonewolf paid $499 then he is entitled to "5 unique articles". Representatives of Adam Dicker seem to be arguing that he paid for the $399 package and $100 worth of 'extras', which LoneWolf claims is rubbish.

The $399 package entitles the buyer to "5 filler articles". Note, those are not described as "unique".

So, wait, does that mean that anybody who purchases those packages don't get "unique" articles, but 'non-unique' articles, could Adam Dicker please explain where he gets those articles from and whether he has permission to use them in syndication for commercial use without attribution?

Surely not used without the permission of the author? Surely not?

Although the debate about whether LoneWolf is entitled to a refund is redundant now that his website has been deleted, now he 100% is entitled to a full refund of $499.

•••
They actually entered into your hosting account without your permission and shut down your site?

Did you give them the permission to take it down?

If NOT isn't that illegal for themto enter your account and delete things?

Wow this gets worse and worse... wonder if Adam is going to go into other customer accounts and shut down websites that prove they were stealing text from other places....

No,no permission.. I would have prefered a "Well since the Refund will be processed soon,we are going to need to take down what we Did do from your hostgator account" or something similar. I wasnt expecting to keep it,but a heads up would have seemed little more professional. Last night it was up,now its blank. I've never done anything in my control panel since creating a hostgator account specifically for this project 2 months ago.
My issue with it is,If you have the time,to make sure,to go in,and whipe the surface clean in my account of the (copied bullsh*t articles) you put in the site,Then you should have the time to click "Refund",along with the 12 others that have spoke up in here.(id feel better if LannyB and others received theirs first,of course)
I emailed the Time,transaction number,paypal email account to him.it would take 2 seconds to locate and refund,and take me less to forget this nonsense,lol.
Im just waiting for members to chime in "I received my refund/My issue is resolved this morning,All is well". Hope it starts soon.

•••
I've never done anything in my control panel since creating a hostgator account specifically for this project 2 months ago.

How did you pay for this project? Did you see my post about you having 180 days to open a paypal dispute, or 120 days to initiate a chargeback with your card provider? Don't even know why you are bothering trying to communicate with Adam Dicker if you have those avenues open to you.

•••
•••
Paypal $499.99 Pug

Right, so why are you messing around emailing an unresponsive Adam Dicker, go and open a paypal dispute. You get 180 days to file a dispute. Or if you paid with a card, phone your bank and initiate a chargeback.

•••
Right, so why are you messing around emailing an unresponsive Adam Dicker, go and open a paypal dispute. You get 180 days to file a dispute.
Yeah Ive been on the phone with them,at first when this ordeal arose letting them know whats going on and theres a chance within the next 2-3 days Ill be opening a claim. I was seeing if,since Adam was popping up with the "Contact me Directly and Well resolve these issues" In the Chat here that maybe We'd all be getting results soon to come. I hear ya going to get on the phone with them today,Let them know,Hell, the sites/business used to create it is Shut down,his corporate site,no longer there,and unresponsive. Thank you pug

•••
Ya he owes me a TON of money but "my claim is too old". Even though he inflated his numbers on his forum to me to include accounts that didnt even exist.

Does anyone think its ok to sell a email blast on a per email basis when you add over 100k of unverified (spam/bot) emails and claim them as real people??

So its not OK to call him on it now because he is finally trying to repay A FEW people?? What about my 20 emails he didn't reply back to? What about that?

Poor Adam is having a hard day because ALL the people he has scammed are coming out at the same time making it hard to shut them up one by one

Just to reply on your message on this. Yes, it's ok to sell an email blast on a per email basis. Usually solo ads are on click basis but since it's a forum and you are buying blast to user of that forum. Usually nobody is gonna refund you on results. It can fail for a lot of reason. Maybe the email copy was bad, maybe the offer was bad/irrelevant. How many clicks did you receive?

•••
What if he added to the site, made changes or even had added pages unrelated to what Adam did? Those guys just nuked his site without asking - that's crazy Were are the Adambots to defend him now?

•••
Jeff I'm not defending anyone. I just wanted to reply from experience. Yes, he could do that but I doubt. No matter what DNF is popular for a long time and most of it's user is genuine that's for sure. Besides sending email to 100k fake people is gonna generate a hailstorm for DNF and I doubt the website would survive such amount of report. They would get blocked by most ISP.

Now what happened between you two that I don't know but it's not impossible to get bad results from a good list. That's why one must do due diligence before they purchase traffic and obviously track the traffic and you'll have hard proof of anything illegal.

•••
Just to reply on your message on this. Yes, it's ok to sell an email blast on a per email basis. Usually solo ads are on click basis but since it's a forum and you are buying blast to user of that forum. Usually nobody is gonna refund you on results. It can fail for a lot of reason. Maybe the email copy was bad, maybe the offer was bad/irrelevant. How many clicks did you receive?

Sigh... ok heres some edumacation for ya...

You can buy advertising any way you like it. Adam provided impressions and sold banners at a fixed price/time. So the metric many would use to determine if you want to buy on that is on a CPM / impressions. Unique viewers ect...

On email blasts - in his case - he was touting a much coveted "active members" number. Of course most forums have a huge number of "members" but active is what you really want. Or at least I did.

At no point in all of this did I accept non-validated emails as active, or even members. I can't verify with a 3rd party his list is legit. Some trust is needed that he's a legit person.

Can you even post or interact on DNF without validating your email? If not then why would it be acceptable to be charged for a email service to a group of people that CANT even post on your message board you are claiming them to be active on?

Results of the campaign are 100% irrelevant. There is no click through rate or result that would justify him selling bot/fake emails as active users when you are buying ''active users"

Hope that clears it all up.

•••
Sorry! I know it's a bad day but I was just trying to let others know what's what so that in future when a new guys comes here and see my reply, they don't make the same mistake. I had no plan to insult you in anyway.

Results of the campaign are 100% irrelevant. There is no click through rate or result that would justify him selling bot/fake emails as active users when you are buying ''active users"

Results of the campaign are 100% irrelevant!! I'm sorry I don't wanna ask you anything else. I'm just a guy who's been online his entire life and learned only results matters and starts tracking metrics way before the traffic starts to show. I'm off. Sorry to disturb.

•••
The results would have been the same if he didn't add the fake emails. You get that right? The only difference would have been it would have cost me half the price - for the same results. People have been paying for fake emails. That's the point.

•••
Sorry! I know it's a bad day but I was just trying to let others know what's what so that in future when a new guys comes here and see my reply, they don't make the same mistake. I had no plan to insult you in anyway.

Results of the campaign are 100% irrelevant!! I'm sorry I don't wanna ask you anything else. I'm just a guy who's been online his entire life and learned only results matters and starts tracking metrics way before the traffic starts to show. I'm off. Sorry to disturb.

What about those who buy a one month leaderboard banner ad for $7000 on the understanding that the site will typically receive 80 million hits a month, when the true number is likely to be less than 1% of that?

•••
Word of advice to Nichewebsites.com customers. You need to run a copyscape check on your domains right now. You might have stolen content on your domains.

I believe a customer/testimonial type list of Nichewebsites.com exists.

A stolen content warning will go out to that list.

But that stolen content warning is not going to go to you - its going to go to the company that had their content stolen! and you can imagine the blow back will hit you not Adam

I believe this is the part two Shane was talking about, but I can't confirm. Protect your domains and check them for bad content now.

----
Note to Adam
I was thinking of how crazy all your various scams are. How you sustained your family and claimed success at the expense of others and it reminded of my these commercials I used to see growing up. About a guy selling these tiny little ads, tiny little ads, tiny this that... I googled it and his name is Don Lapre.

I viewed his videos and was going to post it because it reminded me of all the scams you are pulling. The mini sites, the seo stuff, ect... but I googled the guy first to see what happened to him. To be honest it's very tragic. In the end he still thought he was the victim and took his own life.

Here is the link and I'll post the youtube video at the end of this post:
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20536466,00.html

All snide comments aside, you got pretty far off fluff and are in the shit of shit now. Pay people back, go into debt, sell shit off, go hungry if you have to. Make things right and move on. Your stalling, your legal threats, you trying to call people out and hit their real businesses to bully them. That will all fail.

You are a smart guy, and I honestly think if you spent time on a single solid legit business you would be able, in time, to become the successful person you've spent your entire life convincing people you are. There are a lot of people with all sorts of information on your coming forward and more waiting. Please get on top of this and if you can't solve all these claims in the time you claim be forth coming with people I believe many will understand.

-Jeff out.

•••
What about those who buy a one month leaderboard banner ad for $7000 on the understanding that the site will typically receive 80 million hits a month, when the true number is likely to be less than 1% of that?

As I mentioned on my first reply, I started the conversation from the quote I marked. I didn't know the stats of that blast and still don't. About you I don't know what I said about banner ads to piss you off. Obviously it be bad to get looks bad but again I've vast experience with email marketing but never in my life bough banner ads so I'm not qualified to talk about it. I don't see the problem behind asking questions here to get myself a clear picture of the story. If this post was created to kill someone's reputation (not to educate people) then I'm sorry I commented.

•••
I am finding it hard to believe that he is actually telling people who have problems with him for undelivered product, services, etc. to contact him. He has no records of sales, invoices, customers? I would think anyone with even the smallest iota of business sense would keep track of the information that is key to their business. Makes you wonder just what sort of business he ran.... There is a wee bit more to business than collecting payment... Sheesh! Ethics, ethics were-forth art thou?

It is just the rebate redemption principle in action.

Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebate_(marketing)#Redemption_rate_inconsistencies

If he contacts all of them, he will have to refund most of them.

If they have to contact him, he has to refund only the small percentage of people who take the trouble to contact him, and stay on top of it until they get refunded.

Any business which wants to minimize their payables will do the same.

Note: This is not to support anything which Adam did. I know that if I do any kind of deal with him, he is the only one who will benefit - unless I belong to his "inner circle of friends" whom he consider as his equal.

•••
I understand what you are saying. But, the guy has done irreparable damage to his brand and reputation. I guess it gets easier to be sleazy or not follow through after you don't follow through the first time.

At the very least he is ignorant and sophomoric in what he did, at the other extreme he is a patent medicine salesman selling bogus magical elixirs. Looks like he has lost all credibility, and from all the complaints rightfully so. Greed and ego will get you every time. Karma has a habit of taking a big bite out of one's ass when one is less than forthright and forthcoming.

•••
I understand what you are saying. But, the guy has done irreparable damage to his brand and reputation .

No question that he damaged his reputation, at least for the forseeable future. I am sure he too realizes it.

At the very least he is ignorant and sophomoric in what he did, at the other extreme he is a patent medicine salesman selling bogus magical elixirs.

Or maybe a salesman selling magical elixirs who thinks most of his customers are stupid, and acts according to that belief. And hence, his actions appear to be ignorant and sophomoric to his not-so-stupid customers. ;)

•••
•••
I also had a project which was never completed as promised.

I wanted to keep this private, for Adam's sake, and reached out to both Adam and Andrew. I was told last week, by Adam, that he would reimburse me this week. So far he hasn't. I sent Adam two emails this week, both have gone unanswered.

Since Adam seems to be taking care of those who make their complaints public, I have decided to do so as well, to get closure.

•••
So glad to see you here Claude. I too have been promised to be paid tomorrow. Also not answering my emails messages. If not paid by tomorrow. I will go public in other places as well.

Read all the threads. You will be amazed.

•••
•••
Adam told me this week he would be addressing my request for a refund this week. No refund has hit my account.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back