IT.COM

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah, I mean it's almost four days and nothing new from his side, am anxious to know who he targets next for hype.

OK well if you really want to know how to find therealshane.com then you have four options:

1). You type therealshane.com into your browser bar and press enter.

2). You visit page one of this thread and click the link in the OP

3). You visit Google or any other search engine and type 'therealshane.com' into the search bar, then press enter. The top link is the one that you need.

4). You follow this link.

I hope that helps.

•••
Yeah, I mean it's almost four days and nothing new from his side, am anxious to know who he targets next for hype.
OK well if you really want to know how to find therealshane.com then you have four options:

3). You visit Google or any other search engine and type 'therealshane.com' into the search bar, then press enter.

I hope that helps.

You had me lost at option 1.

;)

•••

3). You visit Google or any other search engine and type 'therealshane.com' into the search bar, then press enter. The top link is the one that you need.

I hope that helps.

LOL, you're funny. I see you have a lot of time 'educating' people. Good for you. Keep it up as not many share their knowledge or wisdom, and people who do it, deserves credit and appreciation.

Peace

•••
Your point of this, if relevant here?

I think its very relevant, it helps paint the picture of deception, it goes to the very crux of the matter.

Adam Dicker has painted a picture of himself being an industry giant, its precisely how he suckers in the newbies and takes their money and gains their trusts.

Only that image is increasingly looking false. From making up employees in his 'team', to inflating the membership statistics of his best known web property, to implying that he has 8 figure domain name sales to his name, to being described as a hugely successful domain name millionaire, but one who admits he could'nt afford to pay $2500 a month to his 'vice president'.

The only people who can't see the relevance haven't read the whole thread.

•••
I think its very relevant, it helps paint the picture of deception, it goes to the very crux of the matter.

Adam Dicker has painted a picture of himself being an industry giant, its precisely how he suckers in the newbies and takes their money and gains their trusts.

Only that image is increasingly looking false. From making up employees in his 'team', to inflating the membership statistics of his best known web property, to implying that he has 8 figure domain name sales to his name, to being described as a hugely successful domain name millionaire, but one who can't afford to pay $2500 a month to his 'vice president'.

+1

•••
LOL, you're funny. I see you have a lot of time 'educating' people. Good for you. Keep it up as not many share their knowledge or wisdom, and people who do it, deserves credit and appreciation.

Peace

Apparently the only thing Adam shared was...

vase.jpg

and not in ALL cases.

•••
I really wish you would all stop making assumptions about why I did what I did.

You guys are just being silly.

You can make assumptions of others but you wish others will stop assumptions about you.

If you don't like speculations, why not clarify?

Just like the Flippa incident, when you were getting hookups, you kept quiet. But when your status was taken away, you reveal all.

Again here you make accusations to achieve an agenda. Once you are satisfied, you keep quiet again.

Of course people will question your intent. You are not consistent and change your stand as and when it suits you. Are you doing all these for the domainimg community or for yourself?

Adam showed some remorse. You don't but instead celebrate the wrongs others point out of you.

When one stops been humble, and stops thinking about others but oneself, the rise will end one day, as we see from this incident.

•••
You can make assumptions of others but you wish others will stop assumptions about you.

If you don't like speculations, why not clarify?

Just like the Flippa incident, when you were getting hookups, you kept quiet. But when your status was taken away, you reveal all.

Again here you make accusations to achieve an agenda. Once you are satisfied, you keep quiet again.

Of course people will question your intent. You are not consistent and change your stand as and when it suits you. Are you doing all these for the domainimg community or for yourself?

Adam showed some remorse. You don't but instead celebrate the wrongs others point out of you.

When one stops been humble, and stops thinking about others but oneself, the rise will end one day, as we see from this incident.

Because I don't owe you anything.

•••

Only that image is increasingly looking false. From making up employees in his 'team', to inflating the membership statistics of his best known web property, to implying that he has 8 figure domain name sales to his name, to being described as a hugely successful domain name millionaire, but one who admits he could't afford to pay $2500 a month to his 'vice president'.

I believe the $2500 was all cleared and you might have missed it. Managers were like business partners initially and income was based on profit sharing, not fixed salary. But later on, it changed. But the whole concept on which Adam hired managers was profit sharing and that's how business goes in the corporate world when someone opt to do partnership. It's another thing that it didn't worked out for Adam and others.

And please, let's not judge anyone's pockets by their mistakes.

•••
Because I don't owe you anything.

Correct, but you owe it to the community here. If you may have forgotten about it, you promised to "surprise" us on Friday.

•••
Correct, but you owe it to the community here. If you may have forgotten about it, you promised to "surprise" us on Friday.

Heh.

You're clueless.

Do you have any idea how much money has been paid back due to this article?

•••
I believe the $2500 was all cleared

It's cleared today, but he hadn't initially kept his promise to pay the $2500/mth and the explanation he gave for why he hadn't paid was that he lacked the money.

•••
Heh.

You're clueless.

Do you have any idea how much money has been paid back due to this article?

Huh, clueless, me? You want me to quote your lines about Friday?

PS: Please keep it relevant as to what the question was about. I can see the progress of what has happened, let's not go into that.

•••
I believe the $2500 was all cleared and you might have missed it. Managers were like business partners initially and income was based on profit sharing, not fixed salary. But later on, it changed. But the whole concept on which Adam hired managers was profit sharing and that's how business goes in the corporate world when someone opt to do partnership. It's another thing that it didn't worked out for Adam and others.

And please, let's not judge anyone's pockets by their mistakes.

What on earth does that have to do with my post, the one that you objected to, which was asking a very simple question.... how did DNF get 125,000 new members in one day?

Why are you defending this? People pay money to contribute to some of the forums on that site.

Now, if I paid to advertise in a newspaper with a circulation of 1 million people, and later found out that it only had a circulation of 600,000..... don't you think I've been deceived?

•••
You should start a money recovery business. 20% of any funds recovered would Be fair

•••
What on earth does that have to do with my post, the one that you objected to, which was asking a very simple question.... how did DNF get 125,000 new members in one day?

Why are you defending this? People pay money to contribute to some of the forums on that site.

Now, if I paid to advertise in a newspaper with a circulation of 1 million people, and later found out that it only had a circulation of 600,000..... don't you think I've been deceived?

He's been clearly brought here by Adam. He's the only one who keeps referring to Adam's actions as "mistakes"... I wouldn't loose a single second discussing with this member.

•••
He's been clearly brought here by Adam. He's the only one who keeps referring to Adam's actions as "mistakes"... I wouldn't loose a single second discussing with this member.

He'll be back in a few months moaning that he hasn't been paid.

•••
A couple things, people think all well known domainers know one another and our friends. That is not remotely true, Do you think Scott Day knows what Adam Dicker is doing ? What about Kevin Ham or Thunayan Al- Ghanim ? I remember when Mike Berkens started being on Sherpa with Adam and I said something one time like you know he owns a lot of LL.ca, decent portfolio of them. Mike said to me straight up, "I really don't know Adam, don't know much about him at all, I know he owns that forum but you know I am not a forum guy"

The awards are votes people nominated him and then voted him in, Howard Neu did not give Adam the award. I think developer of the year is one of those awards people just pick the name they know best, because we see little criteria what the award is based on. I nominated @Paul Buonopane but most outside Namepros don't know him, so without a concerted effort from Namepros he was not going to win.
At least we agree that the awards are a joke. Let's vote in and then vote for a best buddies. These awards were created by someone who runs a private by invitation only domain forum that recently kicked out our very own Domain Shane for voicing his opinion about something that she didn't agree with. No wonder his name wasn't on the roster for "Blogger of the Year" ,but Giuseppe Graziano's was? I think I read one blog post about numbers from him. Not knocking him but he has only written 9 blog posts ever ,but Shane writes one every single day. I'm not best friends with Domain Shane and we've had our differences but come on.

2015 Blogger of the Year choices

Andrew Alleman
Elliot Silver
Giuseppe Graziano
Michael Berkens
Michael Cyger

•••

A single second? I fail to see that as you have disliked every post of mine here, wasting a lot of your 'precious' time.

He'll be back in a few months moaning that he hasn't been paid.

Seriously, you guys won't let go any chance of creating a news out of anything, for the sake of gossip. Just because you don't understand things 'neutrally' doesn't mean the whole world is fool. This is a public forum, so let's bear it please. We can all agree to disagree, that's what I have learned here.

•••
At least we agree that the awards are a joke. Let's vote in and then vote for a best buddies. These awards were created by someone who runs a private by invitation only domain forum that recently kicked out our very own Domain Shane for voicing his opinion about something that she didn't agree with. No wonder his name wasn't on the roster for "Blogger of the Year" ,but Giuseppe Graziano's was? I think I read one blog post about numbers from him. Not knocking him but he has only written 9 blog posts ever ,but Shane writes one every single day. I'm not best friends with Domain Shane and we've had our differences but come on.

Andrew Alleman
Elliot Silver
Giuseppe Graziano
Michael Berkens
Michael Cyger

Hookbox that is Domainers Choice Awards that Donna runs, this last award ceremony was for The Domain Conference which made it clear and so has Rick that there are no lineal ties to T.R.A.F.F.I.C. this is Howard Neu's conference, taking up the slack after T.R.A.F.F.I.C. was retired.

DCA has not had their voting yet, Donna uses Votenet for handling the voting.

•••
Hookbox that is Domainers Choice Awards that Donna runs, this last award ceremony was for The Domain Conference which made it clear and so has Rick that there are no lineal ties to T.R.A.F.F.I.C. this is Howard Neu's conference, taking up the slack after T.R.A.F.F.I.C. was retired.

DCA has not had their voting yet, Donna uses Votenet for handling the voting.
I'm lost. So the original TRAFFIC conference used to use Donna's system but now the new Ex-TRAFFIC domain conference came up with their own award?

•••
Just because you don't understand things 'neutrally' doesn't mean the whole world is fool.

Don't start trying to play the "neutral" card, anybody who has read this thread all the way through will see that I started off being as neutral as possible, then the evidence became overwhelming.

You are clearly about as far away from neutral as possible. If you were neutral you wouldn't be trying to intentionally deflect debate away from my question, which is..... how did dnf gain 125,000 new members in one day?

•••
•••
My issue with Adam - albeit a small one - was resolved today. I'm glad that he is making progress on cleaning this mess up.

•••
I'm lost. So the original TRAFFIC conference used to use Donna's system but now the new Ex-TRAFFIC domain conference came up with their own award?

I'm lost, I was telling you that you said the last awards
"These awards were created by someone who runs a private by invitation only domain forum that recently kicked out our very own Domain Shane for voicing his opinion about something that she didn't agree with. No wonder his name wasn't on the roster for "Blogger of the Year" ,but Giuseppe Graziano's was? I think I read one blog post about numbers from him. Not knocking him but he has only written 9 blog posts ever ,but Shane writes one every single day. I'm not best friends with Domain Shane and we've had our differences but come on.

Andrew Alleman
Elliot Silver
Giuseppe Graziano
Michael Berkens
Michael Cyger"

You said this was Donna it was not, Shane was not on the ballot because he was not nominated. These awards are from The Domain Conference last month. Run by Howard Neu.

There is also the Domainers Choice Awards run by Donna who owns DBR.

The Domain Conference is run by Howard Neu who used to work with Rick on T.R.A.F.F.I.C.

The awards had a nomination round, then a second round because there were so many nominees and then paired down. The votes were handled by Escrow.com. DCA uses Votenet.

They have nothing to do with one another, Donna is not affiliated with The Domain Conference.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back