Dynadot

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
People don't waste your time on this diversionary tactic of appointing someone. A normal business at this point would just issue refunds. Assuming they were solvent.

•••
People don't waste your time on this diversionary tactic of appointing someone. A normal business at this point would just issue refunds. Assuming they were solvent.
You are absolutely right. This is 100% a diversionary tactic. Pay your debts like a man!

•••
If anyone needs to relax, they have some teas etc at www.Anxiety.ca
I like that theme

•••
I haven't been active here on NamePros much but I was on Adam's forum for years under the same username. Sorry to hear that this has happened if substantiated. I've been a full time domainer for years and have always offered help here and on the other forum. I started part time in 2005 and it has grown into a full grown business... if I can do it, you can do it. To the people that have questions, feel free to PM me here or the other forum. You might not receive an immediate reply but you will eventually. ;)

Justin

•••

This is not a solvency issue, every business has cash ups and downs, that called running a business. More to come on this when I address the staff issues posted.

•••
This is not a solvency issue, every business has cash ups and downs, that called running a business.
A business also keeps records of transactions. You know who paid you and what they paid you for, and you have records of refund requests. Just issue those refunds, end of story.

•••
This is not a solvency issue, every business has cash ups and downs, that called running a business. More to come on this when I address the staff issues posted.

You must have an accounting system of some sort. Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable.... dont you know who paid you what?

•••

So, to be clear, you're asking for arbitration because you don't believe you owe anyone any money and you'd like to present your side of it to a neutral party?

•••
@Adam Dicker

As I mentioned on the phone, if you would like to write a rebuttal I will post it alongside the original post.

Just email me or call.

•••
So, to be clear, you're asking for arbitration because you don't believe you owe anyone any money and you'd like to present your side of it to a neutral party?

And the arbitrator gets to decide what is a "fair" % of refund on $XXXX ..

•••
I don't think it is a diversionary tactics. Had that been Adam could have appointed a hand picked neutral (so-called) person. Appointing a neutral third party is important because many might claim refunds without even trying Adam's methods/courses/software. Only such persons should be repaid/refunded whom Adam owes or persons to whom he could not fulfil his commitment.

•••
All I can say is either you g

To be clear, I want the legitimate issues taken care of right away.
There are only a few of those in here at the moment.

•••
You guys are pretty funny, Shane and Adam have come to an agreement and are working together to help those actually effected receive a refund if deserved yet you are caught up on the arbitrator aspect. Even Shane seems to be perfectly fine with it and none of this would be happening if he hadn't started the thread....

•••
Obviously @Adam Dicker is avoiding my questions which was to be expected when you ask right ones.

•••
All I can say is either you g

Okay, so if you acknowledge that there are legitimate issues then why not take care of those right away?

•••
I don't think it is a diversionary tactics. Had that been Adam could have appointed a hand picked neutral (so-called) person. Appointing a neutral third party is important because many might claim refunds without even trying Adam's methods/courses/software. Only such persons should be repaid/refunded whom Adam owes or persons to whom he could not fulfil his commitment.

At this point he should know who has made complaints, check them against who has paid him, verify it, make a refund. Any others that show up that do not have an entry in his accounting system, can not prove they have a receipt for payment with no services received, can plead their case to an arbitrator.

•••
If anyone with a legal background and the one that broke the news on Domaining.com and Domainnamewire.com it should be Andrew Allemann

•••
If anyone with a legal background and the one that broke the news on Domaining.com and Domainnamewire.com it should be Andrew Allemann

I agree.

•••

So you have already decided that there are a few parties deserving of a refund, and that there are others who are not?

Why is a third party necessary then? Why would you not simply refund those who have legitimate complaints, and tell the rest to go f*ck themselves?

•••
At this point he should know who has made complaints, check them against who has paid him, verify it, make a refund. Any others that show up that do not have an entry in his accounting system, can not prove they have a receipt for payment with no services received, can plead their case to an arbitrator.

Exactly.

The arbitrator thing is hell. They will find that there are endless delays getting info, weird grey areas, then if they approve payment it does not happen and they get blamed... some people on here are seriously naive.

A normal business just issues refunds, sometimes just to protect its reputation. Or it explicitly says no.

•••
No business is going to pay an illegitimate refund so having a neutral third party doesn't matter. If someone used the services and were not satisfied and rightfully by law deserve a refund then those should get it. It doesn't take a third party to determine that. Very simple.

•••
No one in the domain business is an arbitrator, John Berryhill is a lawyer he could possibly do it or suggest the right outcome. But some domainer doesn't make arbitration binding.

With the increasing demand and credibility for alternative dispute methods such as arbitration, states are now requiring certain criteria to be met in order to practice as an arbitrator. The criteria are different for each state, so you should contact your state’s bar association to learn about the requirements in your area.

Education
Most states require at least a bachelor's degree in order to become a certified arbitrator. Often states and private certification companies also require that you’ve graduated from law school and have experience as an attorney.

Training
States vary widely on the type of training required for certification. Some states require no training at all. Other states have mandatory programs that are run through the courts to train arbitrators. Many states also require at one year of apprenticeship under a certified arbitrator.

Background
For specialized arbitration courts such as the IRS and the Better Business Bureau, you must be familiar with the particular area of law in question. Some organizations also require that you be recommended by another experienced judge or arbitrator in that particular area. Finally, some court arbitrators may be required to stand for questioning by the judge overseeing the case before they are permitted to arbitrate the issues.

Credentials
Sometimes an arbitration clause may specify qualifications of potential arbitrators. For example, reinsurance arbitration clauses typically require that the arbitrators be selected from among current or former officers of insurance companies.

Overall, it is vital that you verify your state’s requirements before advertising yourself as an arbitrator. Otherwise, you may find yourself being fined by the state or worse, have your certification revoked.

Read more: http://law.freeadvice.com/litigation/arbitration/arbitator1.htm#ixzz3nu47vGA6
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @FreeAdviceNews on Twitter | freeadvice on Facebook

•••
•••
So you have already decided that there are a few parties deserving of a refund, and that there are others who are not?

Why is a third party necessary then? Why would you not simply refund those who have legitimate complaints, and tell the rest to go f*ck themselves?

As an example: Would you call it a legitimate complaint if we built a website for someone for $299 and the website was completed but they wanted a refund because they didn't get traffic or the business hasn't made a sale and after the handover they have done nothing?

•••
Perhaps to shield himself with the "I wasn't notified" wall. IMO
Not looking for any shield, I am in fronm of it trying to now do the right thing.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back