IT.COM

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There's more than one, actually:

http://domainnamewire.com/2015/10/06/thoughts-on-the-latest-domain-name-scandal/#more-47610

Jothan Frakes;

"I have had nothing but good dealings with Adam over the past decade. I don’t know any details of any of what the allegations are, but Adam has consistently been a stand-up guy and honorable in ANYTHING I have done with him, and where there has been friction or misunderstandings, I have seen him own up and clean up.

I regret others may have had a different relationship with him, but I wanted to stand up for Adam here in this thread, FWIW."

There were a couple of others.

•••
•••
To all the DICKer supporters, doesn't it surprise you that not one person with any clout in this industry has come forward to defend Adam?

As people here have said, a few have come forward to say their previous dealings with him were good - but none have said the present allegations are not true.

The online romance scam victims often remain in love with the romancer even after the scam is revealed and their money is gone. Seen several documentaries on that - telling people what they want to hear is very powerful, especially if you add the mirage of a possible payout.

•••
Michael Cyger is a Real stand up guy. He rightfully has received the Domain Industry Ambassador award

I don't doubt that Cyger is a good guy like you say, but Adam Dicker won developer of the year award.... don't you think that devalues all of the awards?

•••
As people here have said, a few have come forward to say their previous dealings with him were good - but none have said the present allegations are not true.

The online romance scam victims often remain in love with the romancer even after the scam is revealed and their money is gone. Seen several documentaries on that - telling people what they want to hear is very powerful, especially if you add the mirage of a possible payout.
It doesn't surprise me that the couple who have said good things about Adam are already successful domainers. We all have to remember that his target was Newbie Domainers with no voice in this industry.

•••
•••
It doesn't surprise me that the couple who have said good things about Adam are already successful domainers. We all have to remember that his target was Newbie Domainers with no voice in this industry.

That's pretty key right there - and likely why the noise surrounding this hasn't reached far beyond this thread.

In all honesty though, it's hardly just Dicker that utilizes new domainers as a resource to line his pockets.

•••
That's pretty key right there - and likely why the noise surrounding this hasn't reached far beyond this thread.

In all honesty though, it's hardly just Dicker that utilizes new domainers as a resource to line his pockets.

The blog post has reached 86 countries in 2 days and 4 hours.

•••
We all have to remember that his target was Newbie Domainers

My personal rule of thumb: all how to make money courses are scams.

•••
•••
Hello Shane. I hope this post finds you well.

Shane can I ask you a question. What is your motivation in 'exposing' Mr Dicker ? You appear not to have done business together or indeed ever met the man, so it's not a personal vendetta. However there must be a fundamental reason for your decision ? Maybe you feel it will improve your own standing in the community or improve exposure to your blog ? Maybe you are a crusader trying to right wrongs and stand up for the 'little guy' ? Fair play to you.

I ask because potentially you could ruin a mans career. Mr Dicker maybe as honest as the day is long or he maybe the biggest crook out. I really have no idea but the old saying no smoke without fire is going to apply regardless of the outcome. Personally I think Adam may have bitten of more than he can chew business wise rather than deliberately going out of his way to mislead people. It can be very hard to let go and admit defeat in business - I know this from personal experience. I certainly think Adam should refund for uncompleted projects. Just my opinion of course.

Have a great day fella and look up to hooking up on the forum in the future.

Best,
Paul

•••

I agree. It always amazes me how all of the blogs have so much to say but they never post any names that they sell. Bullshit Artists!

Honestly I never realized how many newbies come into this industry but now I know why every blog has a ton of advertisements on things we would never click on but a newbie would.

•••
Hello Shane. I hope this post finds you well.

Shane can I ask you a question. What is your motivation in 'exposing' Mr Dicker ? You appear not to have done business together or indeed ever met the man, so it's not a personal vendetta. However there must be a fundamental reason for your decision ? Maybe you feel it will improve your own standing in the community or improve exposure to your blog ? Maybe you are a crusader trying to right wrongs and stand up for the 'little guy' ? Fair play to you.

I ask because potentially you could ruin a mans career. Mr Dicker maybe as honest as the day is long or he maybe the biggest crook out. I really have no idea but the old saying no smoke without fire is going to apply regardless of the outcome. Personally I think Adam may have bitten of more than he can chew business wise rather than deliberately going out of his way to mislead people. It can be very hard to let go and admit defeat in business - I know this from personal experience. I certainly think Adam should refund for uncompleted projects. Just my opinion of course.

Have a great day fella and look up to hooking up on the forum in the future.

Best,
Paul

Many people approached me asking for help.

Whether or not people like to admit it -- they read what I write.

That's all.

•••
•••
I ask because potentially you could ruin a mans career.

Hmmm.... not so sure about that.

Did Lance Armstrong's teammates ruin his career when they snitched on him, or did he ruin his own when he IV'd prohibited substances?

•••
Lance drug taking - Proven.

Adam - Juries out.

•••
I ask because potentially you could ruin a mans career

Also, what is his career? Domaining?

And who's going to stop him domaining?

That actually is the issue here I feel, Adam Dicker has sacked off his own career as a 'Domainer' to start ripping people off on wordpress packages and pushing some sort of labour based borderline ponzi scheme.

Nothing can stop him from buying and selling domains, and if he has a domain that somebody else wants then they aren't going to not buy it just because its owned by Adam Dicker.

Perhaps that is the issue here, he needs to go back to doing what he claims he is so successful at, trading domains.

How exactly has he gone from being a respected domain trader (with very few verifiable big sales, as it happens, including insinuations that he has an 8 figure sale..... really? What domain was that then?) to being perceived as some sort of development genius, when his biggest web property appears to be a dying forum which has seen much better days.

Repairing your reputation as a 'domainer' is as simple as pulling off some impressive trades, that's what domaining is, isn't it? You can't possibly mess up your reputation as a domainer by buying and selling a domain, can you?

•••
Michael Cyger is a Real stand up guy. He rightfully has received the Domain Industry Ambassador award and has been very understanding and has even assisted to help and resolve the issue with getting my $1500 refund. As the transcript states between him and Adam and on this previous posts, Adam stated he would make it right and we all are taking him by his word on this, so is Michael.

I have been in communication with Michael about this for quite some time now and after asking Michael if he could maybe forward a Refund request for FanExperiencePackage.com for $1500 he stated he would and have done so as of yesterday. There has been no response yet from Adam, but the man himself has had time to remove me single handily off his DNF College Facebook page.

After 4 months on continuous inquiries about this website and even asking for refunds 3 or 4 times, I am hoping today will be the day I can have closure and am willing to cut my other loses and move on.
I have nothing to do with Shane or Adam but.....
your account registration is in 2008 and you pay Adam 1500 usd to register FanExperiencePackage.com ? you real...?

•••
Lance drug taking - Proven.

Adam - Juries out.

There have been dozens of people claim that they've sent lots of messages over a long period of time requesting a refund for services not rendered, and stating that they have been ignored or promised refunds which haven't materialised. Some claim to have been chasing refunds for a year, one claims they've sent hundreds of messages. Meanwhile, Adam Dicker has allowed these accusations to be made in public without even denying them. Looks pretty conclusive to me.

•••
I have nothing to do with Shane or Adam but.....
your account registration is in 2008 and you pay Adam 1500 usd to register FanExperiencePackage.com ? you real...?

You clearly haven't even gained a basic understanding of the issues here.

•••
Just spoke with Adam on the phone. He will be addressing the concerns soon.

•••
Looks pretty conclusive to me.

Not so sure. Trial by forum is not conclusive. Anyone can post anything on the internet without being held accountable. I do however see the point you are making.

Best,
Paul

•••
Many people approached me asking for help.

Whether or not people like to admit it -- they read what I write.

That's all.
I don't think they read what you write because you wrote it but I do think they read what you write because it's extreme most of the time.

•••
I don't think they read what you write because you wrote it but I do think they read what you write because it's extreme most of the time.

I didn't say why they read it just that they do.

37k views and 730 replies proves that.

I don't think of myself as some figure in the industry.

I just have a knack for writing things that catch attention.

•••
Also, what is his career? Domaining?

And who's going to stop him domaining?

That actually is the issue here I feel, Adam Dicker has sacked off his own career as a 'Domainer' to start ripping people off on wordpress packages and pushing some sort of labour based borderline ponzi scheme.

Nothing can stop him from buying and selling domains, and if he has a domain that somebody else wants then they aren't going to not buy it just because its owned by Adam Dicker.

Perhaps that is the issue here, he needs to go back to doing what he claims he is so successful at, trading domains.

How exactly has he gone from being a respected domain trader (with very few verifiable big sales, as it happens, including insinuations that he has an 8 figure sale..... really? What domain was that then?) to being perceived as some sort of development genius, when his biggest web property appears to be a dying forum which has seen much better days.

Repairing your reputation as a 'domainer' is as simple as pulling off some impressive trades, that's what domaining is, isn't it? You can't possibly mess up your reputation as a domainer by buying and selling a domain, can you?

And if he has taken money for services and not delivered them, or not delivered them as promised, or not paid wages - then he can live with the consequences. That is just not delivering and I don't think anyone should try to brush that aside with a sympathetic suggestion that success made him too busy....You just would not say that if someone paid to have a house built and then it wasn't .

Maybe those unhappy with his services will start saying so in online ratings sites. Otherwise this will just continue as long as he has a big online footprint and newbies keep falling in.

Or will he syndicate his courses via 1&1?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back