Dynadot

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
"It’s not the difficulty a man faces, but how he carries himself in the face of difficulty, which matters."
– Frank Shilling

Wasn't too difficult for him to collect. Was it necessary though?

Businesses often extend credit etc.. Not familiar with the terms of their agreements as such, but if someone could have"waited"and allowed others to be first... there was always a portfolio of domains to choose from. Yes or no? I mean that's his business. -_-

I would like to say I do respect F.S. for his success. But just may like him a little less because of this, depending on the circumstances. Now granted I don't know "the details" and can't blame him for asking. But, if he knew there were others worse off than him, would he have waited, should he have waited? I'm not F.S.. but I do know what I would have done, if I ran a successful multi million dollar business.

I apologize for the "perceived assumptions", if I am wrong about it, I have no issues.

But let's face it, I couldn't get F.S. to answer my calls, 800 domains don't speak like they used to. ;)

This is my opinion and yours may vary... and that's ok.

Regards,

WPM

•••
Wasn't too difficult for him to collect. Was it necessary though?

Businesses often extend credit etc.. Not familiar with the terms of their agreements as such, but if someone could have"waited"and allowed others to be first... there was always a portfolio of domains to choose from. Yes or no? I mean that's his business. -_-

I would like to say I do respect F.S. for his success. But just may like him a little less because of this, depending on the circumstances. Now granted I don't know "the details" and can't blame him for asking. But, if he knew there were others worse off than him, would he have waited, should he have waited? I'm not F.S.. but I do know what I would have done, if I ran a successful multi million dollar business.

I apologize for the "perceived assumptions", if I am wrong about it, I have no issues.

But let's face it, I couldn't get F.S. to answer my calls, 800 domains don't speak like they used to. ;)

This is my opinion and yours may vary... and that's ok.

Regards,

WPM[/QUO

•••
Think about it...Of course frank is going to be
Sorry wrong person. I'm not involved in this aspect of conversation.

•••
in order for AD to gain for paying even unjustified claims he needs to get something in return

I suspect your associate Mr. Dicker would be best served advising you to leave this to his lawyer so as to not risk seriously undermining him.

I have sent a response to his lawyer asking him to clarify what it is that he wants from me, and why, because so far it hasn't been made particularly clear. The response is pending.

Once I know what he wants specifically, from me individually, I'll be in a position to determine whether I am willing and able to comply with the request or not.

Last edited:
•••
if you would be in his position,
would you pay everybody
who has ever done business with you,
even if the job was done accordingly to the contract?

in his position now
if he does so
it will have no positive effect on him

he has lost his reputation already
due to this thread
- and the industrie as such as well
which will make our life as domain investor not necessarily easier -

if he pays the "victims" now this will not change.

so this thread and the hate within has finally lead to
-> the victims not beeing paid

in order for AD to gain for paying even unjustified claims
he needs to get something in return

- just my thoughts-
- I know you will not understand-
Excuse me Frank. But I need to understand something here. Regarding your queation "if you would be in his position,
would you pay everybody
who has ever done business with you,
even if the job was done accordingly to the contract?"

Did anyone say he should pay the people even if the contract details were met? The answer to that question is a resounding NO. Off the people who came forward with their stories, I think , if I am not mistaken, he took care of one or two.

Since things became public, he had the chance to publicly refutue the claims and come out with proofs. Instead, He kept waiting and asking people to contact him while in the same time making dates to pay and not meeting them.

Now I understand why some people were calling for the thread to be closed because if it was closed , We would have missed a lot of.facts that came to light later.

Now, I think...no... I am sure that this latest move by Adam is a very bad move and it is like saying if you want your money back, then instead of paying you, I will attack you first and pay the money for legal expenses....just because I can.

You are saying he has to get something back...well why didnt you advise him when the thread was started? He could have lost nothing if he managed better at the start.

Looks like each day, and by asking people to contact him,and also saying payment will be done on next friday , he was making a list of people to attack....or shall we say intimidate with legal cases?

This turn of things was not actually what I expected and I am sure that top hollywood producers would fight for a dramatic story with such dramatic change of plot.

Frank, sometimes I feel you just post to try to get arguments but this latest post of yours is ...to be honest....unacceptable in light of what we know :) but I do still respect your opinion.

He can get a 10% discount of all the money he owes people...since you said he should get something back lol.

Now.he gave those who were thinking of auing him a chance to group and do what needs to.be done...class action.... I am sure he has the means to pay the lawyer for auch case.

Last edited:
•••
Someone has recommended a lawyer but he is rather expensive.

I did in fact decide to start a Go Fund Me campaign to raise capital towards the legal fees and the excess will be used to repay all of Adam's victims.

Let's get this sorted ourselves.

People, please consider giving what you can to this fund if you feel that an injustice has occurred, even if it is just a few dollars.

I myself will not be seeking to draw on this fund, but others may require this.

Last edited:
•••
People, please consider giving what you can to this fund if you feel that an injustice has occurred, even if it is just a few dollars.

I myself will not be seeking to draw on this fund, but others may require this.

I will donate something on Mondey/Tuesday. I think what happened is beyond injustice.

I also suggest We make another thread to announce the donations and the link to donate to so people can see. You know therr are many users here who might read the discussion but might not know about this not to mention the thread getting bigger and bigger and the link getting lost. That is my opinion :)

•••
I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but the victims are continually letting this guy bully them. This is a joke of a maneuver on Dicker's part. He has broken promises, stalled for time with lies, come into a $50,000-80,000 windfall by selling DNF.com and instead of paying restitution has used it against you with an EMPTY THREAT of a letter from a lawyer. That letter NEVER MENTIONS LIBEL because Dicker and his lawyer know they HAVE NOTHING on that front.

To All the victims, please report your stories to the Federal authorities. If you don't know to whom I am referring, I can post that again. The Feds SHOULD HAVE a record of all your stories. There is no law that says you can't go after him criminally and civilly, ie, reporting him to the authorities does not preclude you from a future class action suit. You can do both. And, actually, it might strengthen your civil case if he is concurrently under investigation by the Feds. Stop getting stolen from and pushed around and make your own destiny.

At the very least, gather and organize all your correspondences, emails, texts, receipts so that when the time comes you can act swiftly.

Last edited:
•••
That letter NEVER MENTIONS LIBEL because Dicker and his lawyer know they HAVE NOTHING on that front.

It does say "highly damaging, defamatory and malicious," if we're talking about the same letter.

•••
" And let us begin by committing ourselves to the truth -- to see it like it is, and tell it like it is -- to find the truth, to speak the truth, and to live the truth -- that's what we will do. " - Richard Nixon

Vicky, you couldn't think of someone better to represent the truth than Richard Nixon, LOL?

•••
Someone has recommended a lawyer but he is rather expensive.

I did in fact decide to start a Go Fund Me campaign to raise capital towards the legal fees and the excess will be used to repay all of Adam's victims.

Let's get this sorted ourselves.

I'll be more than glad to contribute with the campaign putting some money...

•••
•••
Hi @this_username_was_banned

The game has changed and this should be attracting wider attention now, so to help newcomers, journalists and investigators, I suggest a summary on the front page of this thread, for example bullet points of key issues with links to key topics, for example the CV someone compiled of Dicker episodes, and the list of all the sites he has shut down since the thread started.

Otherwise you have to read through a lot of distracting and confusing early discussion pages.

Nice summary post here:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/is-adam-dicker-a-criminal-you-decide.883579/page-97#post-5065577

Earlier bullet point summary here (needs adding to & updating):
https://www.namepros.com/threads/is-adam-dicker-a-criminal-you-decide.883579/page-81#post-5054965

Also since Adam Dicker has said on Udemy that he plans an independent network of domain brokerages, and he is still taking orders for sites through an intermediary, and he has been seen this month on WarriorForum looking for site templates, Dicker plans to keep on doing "business" until something stops him.

So if you want to protect others from all this, you really need to report problems to law enforcement as well as to any platform you fear is being used in a fraud, such as Paypal, credit card, or Facebook, or Youtube. That reporting may even assist people currently doing chargebacks on Paypal or credit cards since then a pattern emerges and complaints are taken far more seriously.

If you don't like what Dicker did to you, would you let that happen to someone else?

Last edited:
•••
Good morning everyone, I won't be sticking up for anyone today lol. But I had a dream last night, and you know the saying. If you don't have dreams, they won't come true. Maybe this one will
But its all about the money. Right???
Money money money Mr. Wonderful would say. But he has never been to this forum, imagine how nice he would be here lol

So lets focus on people getting their money today, good for shane to keep the ball rolling with the go fund me, there are more poor people here than rich, by far. English is not everyone's first or second or even third language around here, so alot of people need extra help, not just in this thread but the entire forum.

I can't wait to see how this lawyer stuff plays out, I've read the letter( what i can) and it confuses me still.
There is still hope, those owed will get something at least, though it should be all of course. To some $1000 is a days work, some its months. Until its confirmed that Adam has bought a one way ticket to Costa Rica, he is still within reach.

But who are the others that have been scamming as was mentioned, and 19 days later we are waiting for part 2 to sink the destroyer SS Friday
Army,navy talk shane lol

Beautiful day here, my 13 year old dog has a hard time walking to the truck now, but I have to keep him mobile, so a walk around the yard to start. Then off to McPukes for coffee to absorb old and new information.

Be honest, be mindful, imagine what it would be like if everyone was honest, and mindful

•••
@Shane Bellone, you may want to put in more clarity on your crowd funding efforts.

When an effort involves money of many others, it's prudent to include as many details as possible so as to avoid sparking questions and criticism from donors and community down the road.

Information such as:
  • What's the budgeted breakdown of the $50k?
  • What legal fees are you raising for?
  • Who to decide which lawyer to employ?
  • Is it for a class action representing the claimants to recover the money owned?
  • Or is it for a legal response / defence for the letters served?
  • Who to determine which claimants have valid claims when there are additional proceeds?
  • Who to decide how much each valid claimant will get?
  • How will the money used going to be accounted?
  • etc
  • etc
  • etc
  • etc
Get my drift?

With more details, you may even attract more donors who strongly believe in the same cause.

You will not want to end like this guy who started with the right intent but end up been criticised.

•••
@Shane Bellone, you may want to put in more clarity on your crowd funding efforts.

When an effort involves money of many others, it's prudent to include as many details as possible so as to avoid sparking questions and criticism from donors and community down the road.

Information such as:
  • Is it for a class action representing the claimants to recover the money owned?
  • Who to determine which claimants have valid claims when there are additional proceeds?
  • etc
  • etc
  • etc
  • etc
Get my drift?

With more details, you may even attract more donors who strongly believe in the same cause.

You will not want to end like this guy who started with the right intent but end up been criticised.

I said what the money is being used for. If it's not clear enough for you PM me and we'll discuss this when I get home.

•••
-

Last edited:
•••

Information such as:
  • etc
  • etc
  • etc
  • etc
Get my drift?

I'll tell you this: If you were in his shoes, the last thing you'd need would be someone like you suggesting that he apply for your contribution. If you feel the need to throw a few hundred bucks his way, just do it and don't act like you're the philanthropist of the year. Just do it. The guy stuck his neck out and some here seem thankful that he did. YOU, on the other hand, IMHO, seem to have questionable judgement about who should be pilloried (look it up) and who shouldn't. If you feel like giving, trust your gut feeling and just give. If you don't feel like giving, then don't give. But don't make the guy jump through hoops. He needs help now, not later after you process is application.

•••
I'll tell you this: If you were in his shoes, the last thing you'd need would be someone like you suggesting that he apply for your contribution. If you feel the need to throw a few hundred bucks his way, just do it and don't act like you're the philanthropist of the year. Just do it. The guy stuck his neck out and some here seem thankful that he did. YOU, on the other hand, IMHO, seem to have questionable judgement about who should be pilloried (look it up) and who shouldn't. If you feel like giving, trust your gut feeling and just give. If you don't feel like giving, then don't give. But don't make the guy jump through hoops. He needs help now, not later after you process is application.

@HeyNow . I don't think that @Jen-Sin meant that he needed a better explanation on why he or anyone else following this situation closely needed a detailed breakdown to donate money to the cause, but more so to help make this more viral when sharing among others that are not following or that might be sympathetic to the situation.

•••
@HeyNow . I don't think that @Jen-Sin meant that he needed a better explanation on why he or anyone else following this situation closely needed a detailed breakdown to donate money to the cause,

Noted, but I don't agree.

•••
In his shoes? Haha
Put on some boots.
He put the shoes on, talked the talk
Now he must walk the walk.
You make it sound like he is the victim now. LMFAO

•••
Were all victims here. One way or another. Quote me like i said i get warm and fuzzy when someone does. Cyger is the biggest victim of all. Shane did apologize to him at one point.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back