Dynadot

iPage lol your gonna make me commit suicide

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
So I am making a site for a client and he for some reason decided to use iPage. Now iPage has a custom control panel which makes no sense at all and lack some very important features. Also it is very glicthy.

God damn I hate it. Just wanted to share.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why not ask the client to choose a better web host?

•••
Why not ask the client to choose a better web host?

I really dont want to pressure my client into picking a different host. It is up to whatever he wants.

•••
How different is the cpanel for iPage compare to the general cpanels? Is it something very technical that you can't do and its hindering your productivity?

•••
and lack some very important features.

Such as? I'm not a heavy user of control panels, but I can't say I've had any trouble with lacking features at iPage. They're a bad host (poor uptime etc.), but the control panel would be very low of my complaints.

•••
Hello,

I've never used iPage before but I've definitely had issues using web host's custom control panels while working on a clients site.

What's it like in comparison to Godaddy's?

•••
What control panel did they use to use? Did you ask them if there was a way that you could continue to use it?

•••
What the control panel is like ... a pain in the ass.

I mean to unzip something you have to use a special link and type in the directory of the file and what not. It is not built into the control panel. Also it the the panel is very slow. It makes no sense at all.

The domain name manager sucks. It does not automatically addons domain names. You have to add a domain name. Type the redirect url or directory out. It does not automate the process like cPanel.

There file manager sucks ass. It is like an ftp client you can do nothing really but make new folder and add documents. It is nothing like cPanel.

Also there control panel is slow and unresponsive at times. There control panel is like a linux os with out a graphical interface. It is horrible.

•••
Looks like the folks over at iPage sure have some work to do if they want to build their customer base instead of destroy it. I was considering them, but now I'm looking elsewhere due to the responses on this thread. =

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back