Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

PraiseTheLord

The IoT is Fire!Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
How would this be a TM issue?

•••
I find dangerous to have ''amazon'' in your name. The truth is that it's not my problem, but Amazon may have.

•••
best to register generic terms like iotriver, iotstream

•••
Thanks for the info, fellas.
What do you think?

•••
Thanks for the info, fellas.
What do you think?
Step 1: Read everything here in the forum.
Step 2: Keep your money safe until....
Step 3: ...you find names that can sell fast aka premium domain names (like 1 popular word .com, or llll.com or nnnn.com)

•••
Good suggestions. What are your thoughts on the IoT in relation to domain names?

•••
Good suggestions. What are your thoughts on the IoT in relation to domain names?

Most aren't worth it. There are a few that are, but generally they have been taken. Simply adding IoT to other words is the fastest way to waste money. I would focus on reading/researching for a few months before buying more. And always avoid TMs like the plague.

Best of luck!

•••
Thank you, sire. Are you speaking from personal or business experience?

As of right now, the IoT is fire.

•••
Thank you, sire. Are you speaking from personal or business experience?

As of right now, the IoT is fire.

Both. I am a software engineer very involved in the tech startup world. :)

IoT is big in tech, but that doesn't always translate to good domains by itself. Most of the domains for that area don't simply have "IoT" in them, but are descriptive/practical keywords. IoT is more the new buzzword for a lot of technologies/ideas.

•••
Praise The Lord!

What are you working on in regard to this startup? Any work in relation to the IoT?

•••
Praise The Lord!

What are you working on in regard to this startup? Any work in relation to the IoT?

I am not currenly working for a startup doing IoT, but being in tech you touch a little bit of everything and follow technology. Being into domaining and web development/software engineering, I do it even more. :)

•••
with an emerging technologies like iot, concepts are being developed all the time, most of which will provide domaining opportunities but you got to be quick to spot the best.

•••
Do the companies in the tech startup world have a solid understanding of the IoT? Do they realize the potential?

•••
Are you invested in the IoT, doubleU?

•••
Do the companies in the tech startup world have a solid understanding of the IoT? Do they realize the potential?

Not sure how to put this, but your question almost suggests to me a lack of full understanding of what IoT is (forgive me that isn't true). Internet of things is really about bringing everyday things into the internet/network etc.... Most technology is going that way in some way or another. So of course the tech startups understand that - not all are directly about that, but there is a lot of new technology for it. But most of the startups are more interested in the keyword related to their product - not adding a tech buzz word (IoT) that most consumers don't even understand to a domain. Does that make sense?

•••
Absolutely! Perhaps once the term IoT is used in the Super bowl and the mainstream media adopts it, then the average consumer will be fully aware.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back