Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

PraiseTheLord

The IoT is Fire!Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Doesn't look good
Can you explain what it means? It's for an IoT informational site?
There are probably better domains available for that, and even if you had the best ones, the people making those kinds of sites probably wouldn't be motivated to buy a domain for more than reg fee.

•••
Thanks for the input! It very well could be used as an informational site. Perhaps to give examples of real-world implementation of IoT!

The IoT is fire, and it keeps getting hotter!

•••
The plural would be better here then.

If I were you, I'd focus on proven concepts (markets that are here to stay, markets where the most commonly used keywords are well-known / ingrained in people's minds,..) before jumping into these. But hey, it's your money :) Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

31 sales on namebio starting with "iot" (they only report sales above 100). Dunno enough about this niche to say anything except that "examples" is better.

•••
Brilliant! The plural would be very beneficial. IoT Examples .. Thanks for your input!

Could you give an example of the proven concepts that you mentioned?

•••
You could look at the 10 most recent sales on namebio.com. These are the ones that sold for 1000 dollars or less.

itv-entertainment.com 1,000 USD 2016-05-10 Sedo
plagued.com 1,000 USD 2016-05-10 NameJet
sprucemedia.com 985 USD 2016-05-10 GoDaddy
aaceinc.org 911 USD 2016-05-10 GoDaddy
shareful.com 885 USD 2016-05-10 GoDaddy
belladolce.com 821 USD 2016-05-10 NameJet
morerealty.com 821 USD 2016-05-10 GoDaddy
anxinda.com 810 USD 2016-05-10 NameJet
734567.com 801 USD 2016-05-10 GoDaddy
irrt.com 770 USD 2016-05-10 NameJet

Some sales we probably won't ever understand and can't base our purchases off of seeing one or two odd things sell.. but the point is that "entertainment", "media", "realty", memorable brandables (shareful? I don't like it so much), dictionary words (plagued), and short domains (irrt) are safe bets (and other areas of the economy..entertainment and realty are just what came up). If you bid in an auction against many other people and get a domain for "reseller price" then you can feel better knowing you have a good chance of reselling it later to an end user or another domainer..because there was proven demand right there in the auction.

Verisign, the company that oversees .coms and .nets, publishes trending keywords http://blogs.verisign.com/blog/entry/top_10_trending_keywords_in14
I also saw this today, but it costs a lot https://www.wordtracker.com/
Or use the free Google Adwords Keyword Planner to see search volume and cost per click for a keyword..but search volume for a phrase doesn't necessarily mean it would make a good domain.. for a single word it usually does unless people just want the definition :D

If you mean proven concepts related to IoT..looking at nambio,

iotenergy.com 2,277 USD 2016-04-29 Sedo
iotserver.com 3,797 USD 2016-02-17 Sedo
iotics.com 161 USD 2016-02-17 GoDaddy
iothomes.com 355 USD 2016-02-10 GoDaddy
iotcommunication.com 128 USD 2016-01-24 GoDaddy
iotgadgets.com 221 USD 2016-01-19 DropCatch
ioteducation.com 130 USD 2016-01-15 GoDaddy
iotcorp.com 202 USD 2016-01-08 GoDaddy
iothing.com 1,016 USD 2015-09-17 Sedo
iotfactory.com 195 USD 2015-08-29 DropCatch

I guess some of these are very popular keywords and they aren't going for very much.. but if you had gotten something like IoTgadgets.com, you probably would have better luck of making a good profit one day as opposed to Iotexample or iotexamples because examples is just about information. The way you'd make money with iotexamples is to develop it yourself for fun and put ads on it, not sell it to a company who has a product and consumers who they want to remember it.

I think someone else mentioned that real brand names might be better instead of just sticking iot onto things, unless you know that this is a common practice.
A brand name might be something like Interthings.com :D I dunno. It could really be anything that sounds nice.. vuzu, iotica. I don't really do brandables, but they seem hard to sell unless they are top-notch. If you have average ones, you probably need a lot of them to increase your chances of a sale.

Aaaand.. I have too much time on my hands

•••
Thank you for all of the tools and information. These are all excellent resources.

Praise The Lord!

•••
Nice work on giving important information along with an opinion, jacolibo. This type of input is very useful here on NP.

•••
Thanks for the input! It very well could be used as an informational site. Perhaps to give examples of real-world implementation of IoT!

The IoT is fire, and it keeps getting hotter!
You mean, when you're hot, your hot? You sooo silly!! :)

•••
Yes! I have been blessed to be able to purchase these IoT domain names!

The IoT is Fire!

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back