iOS vs. Android

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jdab

Jamie DąbrowieckiTop Member
Impact
What's your favourite; iOS or Android?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Android new version name is LOLIPOP

•••
I love Android and that is what I use though I would consider Windows at some point. It seems like Microsoft is moving towards having basically the same os across devices and that would be awesome. For now though I use Android on a rooted Nexus 4.. looking to upgrade soon to the Lg g3. :)

I have an Ipod and I just feel so trapped and limited with it or I would get an Iphone. The flexibility of Android can't be beat right now.

•••
I have an Ipod and I just feel so trapped and limited with it or I would get an Iphone. The flexibility of Android can't be beat right now.

Only thing I hate is with 4.4.x, 3rd party apps can't write to external SD. What's the point with that? Got a 'useless' 128gb SD until they fix that.

File Commander (the trusted file management system for Sony) has been upgraded where you can copy from internal to external, but I want to download directly to external.

Very disappointing if they're going to limit phones to 32gb internal...

•••
Only thing I hate is with 4.4.x, 3rd party apps can't write to external SD. What's the point with that? Got a 'useless' 128gb SD until they fix that.

File Commander (the trusted file management system for Sony) has been upgraded where you can copy from internal to external, but I want to download directly to external.

Very disappointing if they're going to limit phones to 32gb internal...

You can move apps though from the internal to the sd. Just move some of the larger apps.

I also believe if you are rooted some apps will write to the sd card.

•••
Some apps can be moved and some can't. I think this is more of a carrier/manufacturer problem over an Android one (though 4.4.x did disable the 3rd party feature).

As far as rooting goes, I got a $700 phone that I pay like $/mo for insurance on. If I am to crack the screen, I have to lock myself into a contract or buy another $700 phone if it's rooted as that voids the insurance policy.

Just can't win...

•••
Some apps can be moved and some can't. I think this is more of a carrier/manufacturer problem over an Android one (though 4.4.x did disable the 3rd party feature).

As far as rooting goes, I got a $700 phone that I pay like $/mo for insurance on. If I am to crack the screen, I have to lock myself into a contract or buy another $700 phone if it's rooted as that voids the insurance policy.

Just can't win...
yes, there are some apps that cannot be moved.

Usually devices that are rooted can be unrooted and relocked before sending it for warranty, etc but it depends on the device.

•••
Android if you want more files since you can insert sdcard.

•••
This debate always comes up. If you want flexibility and to customize your phone go with android. If you want a fast and effeceient OS use IOS. SImple :).

- Daniel :)

•••
Apple i Os is looks good and user friendly. So, my suggestion is i-OS

•••
•••
I can't help but think of the fappening when I hear anything apple related. Android all the way!

•••
I moved from iOS to Android, but both have their pros and cons. App development on Android is much simpler and there is something you need to setup in the app when creating it that allows it to be moved onto an SD card. I just started learning App development on Android, so found this out then, so if you have a big app that can't be moved it is definitely a developer issue. (There is a link to my first ever Android app in my signiture).

•••
Neither both are just shit, waiting for something good open source to arrive ubuntu, firefox whatever.

•••
Android and iOS, I love both.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Neither both are just shit, waiting for something good open source to arrive ubuntu, firefox whatever.
You can root an Android phone have Ubuntu. Many ways of doing this, quick way is here:
Also easier ways of putting Firefox OS on Android based phones as well.

I ran ubuntu on a 512mb rom HTC phone before, but not using this method. Just showing you, it's got the power to be done. :)

•••
You can root an Android phone have Ubuntu. Many ways of doing this, quick way is here:
Also easier ways of putting Firefox OS on Android based phones as well.

I ran ubuntu on a 512mb rom HTC phone before, but not using this method. Just showing you, it's got the power to be done. :)

Thanks but waiting for the non-android version to be released but it takes forever. As for Firefox OS, I don't think it is compatible with my phone at least not now. Running the desktop version of Ubuntu don't sound that smooth or am I wrong?

•••
I took Android completely off, firmware updates, new kernel and ubuntu with CLI at first. Then I got into GUI, but it was a little slow with 512mb. CLI worked just fine though. I was going to get into running a minimalist webserver on it to see how it could handle loads.

Just a project I did. I accidentally dropped it and broke the screen. :guilty:

•••
I took Android completely off, firmware updates, new kernel and ubuntu with CLI at first. Then I got into GUI, but it was a little slow with 512mb. CLI worked just fine though. I was going to get into running a minimalist webserver on it to see how it could handle loads.

Just a project I did. I accidentally dropped it and broke the screen. :guilty:

Ain't you the geek ;)
That version, does it have call features?

•••
No, I disabled the service when I upgraded phones. Used my old one as a toy to pass time.

•••
I used to be all Android but then I got myself an iPad Mini and nowadays I do 99% of all domain-related stuff on my iPad. It just works so I like it. But as someone already said, if you want to customize everything, go with Android.

Actually, for me the biggest reason for switching to iOS was security. I just think that there's much more crappy/shady software and downright malware/spyware for Android.

•••
My Android system is encrypted and no applications have access to anything I don't want. The only person that can spy on me is Google. Though, Apple may very well be spying on you. You can't win. ;)

I also purchase applications rather than the free version, because they require less permissions (phone state, contacts, etc.).

•••
One iphone cost as much as one droid phone + a 60" name brand hdtv.
On that basis, it's android by a country mile.

•••
It will definitely be IOS for me. User friendly, excellent apps, security.

I have never use an Android before, and I think I never will.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back