IT.COM

discuss .IO Future

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

John_Spar

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
What you think about .io???
These are selling at higher rates now a days.What could you see after few months/years about .io sales?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I like how .io looks. Has that techy feel due to the input/output thing. Feels even more techy than .net. I'm thinking of skipping com and registering an .io for my domain business. I'm not going to go crazy registering them but I think there is a future. Read an article about about the extension's unsavory past though. Google "The dark side of .io"

•••
•••
I think .io is the new .co

•••
My thought on .io as an investment is that it will do well for years to come. All it takes is a few tech companies or others for that matter in the startup world to make it big using .io. The extension will be seen by a wider audience and become sought after.

There are already several hot startups that are using .io for their web address.

If you think you are going to day trade .io, you should probably look for other investments. This is a mid to long term play.

•••
I got offered $2K for 11 LLL.IO domains. Would you take it or hold on to it?
They will be due for renewal soon

•••
•••
I got offered $2K for 11 LLL.IO domains. Would you take it or hold on to it?
They will be due for renewal soon

Depends on the names. If they are super premium, might be worth holding onto. But at the same time, locking in a hefty profit per domain is also nice. There's still LLL for hand reg anyway. You could technically resell them and then use some of the profits to buy other LLL/NNN or even look at premium NNNN/LLLL

•••
Google treat .io as gTLDs. Please see below for more detail from Google.

Generic Country Code Top Level Domains (ccTLDs): Google treats some ccTLDs (such as .tv, .me, etc.) as gTLDs, as we've found that users and webmasters frequently see these more generic than country-targeted. Here is a list of those ccTLDs (this list may change over time).
.ad
.as
.bz
.cc
.cd
.co
.dj
.fm
.io
.la
.me
.ms
.nu
.sc
.sr
.su
.tv
.tk
.ws

•••
The .io's seem hyped. I've lived in the SF area since 2007 when the recession was in full swing. Every legit company that I've worked for in Silicon Valley has been a .com. I don't think .io's are any more relevant than similar ccTLDs, even if Google treats them as a gTLDs. It's all about context of use. Practical/ reasonably priced ccTLDs and gTLDs will become widely used as the general public becomes more educated. There are a number of more versatile extensions than .io. The .io's will come back to earth when the current tech bubble inevitably bursts.

•••
Here are the 196 remaining from the most recent list

•••
•••
•••
I listed 873.io for sale here let's see how it does! :D

•••
Cloud.io sold twice for mid $40,000 USD First time, it sold to a startup. Then the startup wasnt going to use it and so they put it back on the market. I think they took a very small loss compared to their purchase (1st sale) also selling in the mid 40K range.

So that should speak volumes for a good one word .io

•••
What you think about .io???
These are selling at higher rates now a days.What could you see after few months/years about .io sales?

Looking at Namebio, how would it look if Flippa didn't exist. Last 100 reported sales:

Flippa - 83
Sedo - 9
Park.io - 8

Are these things selling anywhere else?

•••
You hit the nail on the head. The sales seem to concentrate at one venue, hence the pattern of a fad.

•••
Yes Cloud.io sold for $45,000 first and second time sold for $43000. So Loss will be 10% Flippa fees + Any Advertisement fees paid on Flippa.

Hey friends I am holding some gems .io in my portfolio. I am offloading some of my .io at the moment. Not desperate to sell but willing to sell if reasonable offer received.

Are you interested in any or all of the following NL.io ?? Some are Chinese Premium.

=> List of 2 Character .io

0c.io
0e.io
0y.io
1j.io
2e.io
2j.io
3j.io
3u.io
3y.io
5h.io
5j.io
6e.io
6h.io
6i.io
6j.io
6l.io
6o.io
6p.io
6u.io
6w.io
6z.io
7h.io
7l.io
7o.io
7v.io

Let me know and we can figure out something. We can do Escrow.com for secure transaction if deal is for all or Paypal for Individual purchase.

Thanks

•••
206.io sold for $295 and F0.io sold for $410 on Park.io.... NNN.io is hot at the moment.

8X.io sold for $150 on Flippa, 4L.io sold for $99 on Park.io, Z2.io sold for $104 on Park.io.. Looks like Two Characters.io also going good in range of $100 at the moment.

.io is picking up slowly and steadily

•••
•••
I just Sold 6L.io . If anyone is interested then please see my signature.

•••
The nice thing is that .io is starting to sell daily over XXX and showing on Namebio, just like .com, net, org, cc, xyz, co and all the main likable extensions.

http://namebio.com/?s=QN0AjN4IzM

•••
•••
•••
nice domain in your sig good luck with the sale.

I woulnd call them major, but some. All in all .IO fits perfectly with Bitcoin, digitalcurrencies, or any other tech project.

Well, my use of "major" is a bit subjective, clearly. Arguable for me, here are some Alexa ranks:
  • Ghash.io - 58k Global Alexa Rank
  • Cex.io - 13.9k
  • Purse.io - 55.6k
  • Block.io - 42k
  • Blockr.io - 36.8k
And thanks re: the auction. We'll see what happens!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back