Dynadot

domains Investor.com is in Namejet expiring auction?

NameSilo
Watch
http://www.namejet.com/Pages/Auctions/BackorderDetails.aspx?domainname=lnvestor.com

Noticed this from Namejet's newsletter, in their Hot Picks lists.
Check out these hand-picked domains! Hot exclusive inventory!

F07EFDE9-B9C0-4B2E-B062-F9175F2E086B.jpeg

Well, when I visit their auction page, it shows:

Current highest bid is $7,000
NO! The initial letter is L, not i
Nice hand-picked domain name! Thank you for your hard work!

:laugh:

inve.jpg

investor.jpg

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Always remember the view uppercase link folks!

•••
•••
wow someone is going to get screwed here

they should put big warning its not an i
... instead they put it in their handpicks

lame

•••
•••
•••
This is false or deceptive advertising.

•••
No, the have both lvestor and investor

•••
Last edited:
•••
Surely there should be a rule that any listing needs to show in a font that makes the difference between l and I to be more obvious than it is in this sentence (one is a capital I and one is a lower case l).

•••
•••
NameJet inadvertently published a newsletter and social media posts for the name INVESTOR.COM. The actual name is LNVESTOR.COM. We are in the process of publishing a correction and apologize for the confusion.

•••
NameJet inadvertently published a newsletter and social media posts for the name INVESTOR.COM. The actual name is LNVESTOR.COM. We are in the process of publishing a correction and apologize for the confusion.

inadvertently as in.. you too you got tricked by this optical illusion in same way many others will or can be?

you should put in huge red letters in auction itself this is not investor.com.. especially now.. after "inadvertently" falsely advertising it.

•••
•••

If bids are at 7k already and still going for 30 days, you should really void the auction all together and not just publish a new correction email.

LNVESTOR.com isnt even worth $50 so all these 80 pre bids are for the sole purpose of believing they are bidding on investor.com.

Any buyer finding this out after the fact will not pay or will be furious if they do pay whatever the winning bid becomes, and 6-figures is where this will end if auction not completely voided and started over.

Just my 2 cents as the only way to fix this is to void this bogus auction completely. Then start over w typo domain another day.

Last edited:
•••
•••

I presume that the auction in that name will be halted? Right?

Pretty sure the bidders did not want to pay $7000 for it. The name LNVESTOR has never sold (NameBio stats) even in under $100 listings.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
ScottPruitt who works at NJ just clarified this was a F-up

I guess they werent the only ones then. Apologies guys, I missed the "No current auction" on "INVESTOR".

•••
•••
They have both INVESTOR and LNVESTOR.
original investor.com is just in wishlist they dont have it...
NJ is finished after web.com bought it... i left it already i heard from one nper today he have not recvd payment since 2 months... and not replying to emails ... namejet is past for me now

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back