NameSilo

Investing in new TLD acronyms?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Anyone actively investing in acronyms? Just curious what strategies people are using. Do you only buy acronyms with specific end users in mind, do you buy anything with at least a few matches on acronym finder, etc., or do you buy pretty much anything at the right price? Anyone hoarding inexpensive acronyms with "junk" letters like Q, X, Y, Z in the hopes that a few "home runs" will make it all worthwhile? LOL Just curious what others are up to. Me, I'm not doing anything now although I am considering a huge portfolio of .US names ...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There are several people I know of who are amassing large collections of 3 letter .info's .biz's and .us's.

•••
I too like the .US and have a few on the go !

I think they are the "third TLD" of choice, after .COM and .NET
Closely followed perhaps by our very own .CO.UK!

I'm a huge fan of .TV though, was devastated when one of the names on my "watchlist", hub.tv was registered by a company !! :td:

Last edited:
•••
I'm just trying to figure out the best way to proceed. It's sort of a pain buying them one by one, and yet the only bulk sale/portfolio opportunities I come across are made up of mostly less desirable names like zqq etc. etc. I just need to make up my mind on whether I want to focus on certain acronyms or just go for anything and everything. On one hand I want to skip over stuff with z, q, x etc. and on the other hand I see what those go for in .com and I start to think twice. A few years from now maybe even those will have some value LOL

•••
I think the "buy-and-hold" approach is best the 3-letter .US names.

btw, HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !! (a day late I know!!)

I was searching for 3-letter .US acronyms and abbreviations over the new year weekend, and it was a pain, I eventually gave up looking for good ones.

It must be a good sign that the good ones are gone, as rarity produces value in the medium-term. If you think the same, and can afford to invest in a few years worth of reg-fees, I'd go for it.

Otherwise, it might be better to concentrate on finding quality generic names and brandable names (and avoid Trademarks too!)

•••
bought byoc.info a few weeks ago. plan on developing it into a site based on building your own computer :D

•••
I was searching for 3-letter .US acronyms and abbreviations over the new year weekend, and it was a pain, I eventually gave up looking for good ones.

That's because all 3 letter .US are registered and/or reserved already. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back