• 37 votes
  • Ended 7 years ago
  • Final results

Furquan

JokerTop Member
Impact
Do you think it's best to invest in 7N.com

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Unless there is a special pattern in the numbers then 7N are essentially junk domains. With all the old CHIPs currently in meltdown 6N are barely keeping their head above water.

People need to ask themselves "What is the end game for these domains?"

- There are no end users for 99%+ of these domains. If it's just a cycle of speculation then it's simply an ever growing bubble destined to pop!

- Also seems to me that China isn't going as crazy as it was .. a good part of the previous CHIP wave was due to a combination of a weird semi-pyramid inevitable-bubble based somewhat artificial inflation of prices based on no real metrics other than hype. Whether that's truly over or not .. or if it will ever repeat is one question .. but it never got to 7N the last time .. now that the people question have woken up a bit it's a huge stretch to think they will actually go further into ridiculous territory than last time .. and by a factor of 10x is even more crazy (because there are 10x more 7N than there are 6N).

Again .. I'm talking about the average random 7N.com without a significant pattern ... if you can get your hands on 8888888.com for $88 .. then grab it instantly .. lol

Last edited:
•••
Unless there is a special pattern in the numbers then 7N are essentially junk domains. With all the old CHIPs currently in meltdown 6N are barely keeping their head above water.

People need to ask themselves "What is the end game for these domains?"

- There are no end users for 99%+ of these domains. If it's just a cycle of speculation then it's simply an ever growing bubble destined to pop!

- Also seems to me that China isn't going as crazy as it was .. a good part of the previous CHIP wave was due to a combination of a weird semi-pyramid inevitable-bubble based somewhat artificial inflation of prices based on no real metrics other than hype. Whether that's truly over or not .. or if it will ever repeat is one question .. but it never got to 7N the last time .. now that the people question have woken up a bit it's a huge stretch to think they will actually go further into ridiculous territory than last time .. and by a factor of 10x is even more crazy (because there are 10x more 7L than there are 6L).

Again .. I'm talking about the average random 7L.com without a significant pattern ... if you can get your hands on 8888888.com for $88 .. then grab it instantly .. lol

It's the main reason for having this post thread tittle as "Investing". Insisted of "Hand Reg".

•••
•••
Gambling in 7N.com ?

Risky and likely won't work out but might give high ROI if it works. Gambling is rarely a good idea.

Investing in 7N.com?

Bad idea. It's not investing you lose 100% of your investment value each year when holding it (renewal fee).
no end-users.

5N.com is still risky but they are more like an investment and are still not too expensive. If you want to take risk if would go with 5N.com

•••
It's the main reason for having this post thread tittle as "Investing". Insisted of "Hand Reg".

Sorry .. I don't understand what you're trying to imply?

If you buy a domain on auction/aftermarket or you handreg .. as a domainer either way that money is theoretically an "investment" (whether you make money on that investment or not is another question).

To be clear though .. either way .. if you're spending reg fee on a 7N.com then I think it's a bad investement .. if you're spending more than reg fee for a 7N.com then it's a worse investment.

In fact .. I'd go as far as to say that any price for a 7N.com is a bad investment .. unless of course there is a very special patern with a bunch of 8's! ;)

Last edited:
•••
Gambling in 7N.com ?

Risky and likely won't work out but might give high ROI if it works. Gambling is rarely a good idea.

Investing in 7N.com?

Bad idea. It's not investing you lose 100% of your investment value each year when holding it (renewal fee).
no end-users.

5N.com is still risky but they are more like an investment and are still not too expensive. If you want to take risk if would go with 5N.com
There are some recent sale going on NP & also on Godaddy, they are proving me to get risk in 7N.com as if I get lose the amount will be minimal but if I lose in 5N.com the amount will be bigger then LLLL.com.

•••
Sorry .. I don't understand what you're trying to imply?

If you buy a domain on auction/aftermarket or you handreg .. as a domainer either way that money is theoretically an "investment" (whether you make money on that investment or not is another question).

To be clear though .. either way .. if you're spending reg fee on a 7L.com then I think it's a bad investement .. if you're spending more than reg fee for a 7L.com then it's a worse investment.

In fact .. I'd go as far as to say that any price for a 7L.com is a bad investment .. unless of course there is a very special patern with a bunch of 8's! ;)
Now I am getting confused about 7L.com do you mean 7N.com or else.

•••
There are some recent sale going on NP & also on Godaddy, they are proving me to get risk in 7N.com as if I get lose the amount will be minimal but if I lose in 5N.com the amount will be bigger then LLLL.com.

if you handreg only a few 7N you risk much less capital. If you plan to register many like 50 and above it would make more sense to buy a cheap 5N IMO.

•••
Now I am getting confused about 7L.com do you mean 7N.com or else.

lol .. yeah .. seems I'm so against the idea that 7N.com are a good investment that I can't even type them properly

(Continuity note .. I've corrected my typos above .. lol)

•••
if you handreg only a few 7N you risk much less capital. If you plan to register many like 50 and above it would make more sense to buy a cheap 5N IMO.
Nope,

When I have first registered here as a member, I saw one post here, I don't remember all the tips but I had remembered one tips, the Pro wrote, always keep some money in your hand, don't go crazy.

•••
•••
•••
•••
That's not really helpful to newbies at all unless there's an explanation as to why? ;)
You already explained disadvantages of investing in 7N.com.

I still crossed my finger might be some one come & explain advantage of 7N.com investing.

•••
•••
I have very few 7N.com with 888...

May be investing in patterned Name would be good

•••
•••
6n for new hand regs to hold, 5n aged auctions.

•••
I have names like 1188822 1188833 1233312 1988819 2288833 1188833 6088860 7788800 7788855 7788833 9588895 0088811 0088822 0088833 even palindromes such as 0018100 0881880 0188810 all listed at godaddy for about $50 a piece, if anyone is going to buy into this market you need to get some form of pattern, is there a market now or in the future for 7n's? ........That is the burning question

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Invest in good patterns only .

•••
I would stay far away unless you have a deep and diverse knowledge of the numerics marketplace. It would be foolish to invest in domains with no clear end users unless you have a very clear understanding of how and where to sell them things, and to whom.

It's easy to look at Namebio data and say, "Hey it looks like 7N are selling well. I'll buy a bunch of those." But the truth is that you have no idea who bought them, why they bought them, how much they were initially acquired for, or how many 7N are sitting on marketplaces unsold despite a very cheap pricetag.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back