Dynadot

information Interview: AbdulBasit Makrani on the Last 6 Months, and Breaking $500,000 in 2020

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
In June 2020, I interviewed domain investor AbdulBasit Makrani, a prominent member of the domain investment community who had gained notability in 2020 for his popular Afternic experiment results, in which he candidly documented his journey after switching the vast majority of his extensive portfolio to Afternic landing pages.

AbdulBasit stopped sharing his Afternic sales in September 2020, but he has kept remarkably busy, adding a domain consultancy service to his overall domaining business.

As the end of 2020 approaches, I took the opportunity to catch up with AbdulBasit Makrani to chat about his latest sales, his Afternic experiment, and his acquisition strategy.

Read the interview on my blog

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thanks for sharing! Can't believe he cracked $500k in sales this year, so awesome!

•••
So, his increased sales were due to switching to Afternic Landers?

I'm sure his domains were high quality too, but I often ask myself if I should try pointing to different Landers and see if it makes a difference.

Very interesting..

•••
So, his increased sales were due to switching to Afternic Landers?

I'm sure his domains were high quality too, but I often ask myself if I should try pointing to different Landers and see if it makes a difference.

Very interesting..

In the last several years, I've tried Bodis, Voodoo and Uniregistry landers. And starting this year, I went with Afternic (ns3/ns4) landers which has given me fantastic results.

Someone asked me elsewhere how much increase in sales have happened at Afternic vs Uniregistry/other landers so my answer was "at least 40% of sales in $$$ have increased since moving from Uni landers to Afternic"

•••
Wow!!

Thank you so much for sharing that with us, AbdulBasit!

•••
congrats, amazing info like always appreciate it !

•••
@AbdulBasit.com

One of the most humble guys’ who shares data;

This interview is a must watch, listen, or read.

Thank you!

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the interview. Always very informative listening to this great domain investor! (y)
And congrats of course for the amazing amount of sales reached in 2020! Keep up the good work!

•••
Thank you so much each and everyone! :xf.love::xf.love:
You all have made my day even better :happy:

•••
One of the nicest domain investors I have come across .Not surprised by the sales 👏. One of the blogs I ever followed when I started and still go all the way back to refresh for some ideas 💡 and sales strategies.

Thank you James.Always interesting to read about abm 👍.

•••
Good things happen to good people. He's humble, share knowledge with others and price his domains well.
Good luck mate. Hope you crack a million dollars mark next year.

•••
•••
Just go to his blog to see prices. It's his name 😁

•••
•••
In June 2020, I interviewed domain investor AbdulBasit Makrani, a prominent member of the domain investment community who had gained notability in 2020 for his popular Afternic experiment results, in which he candidly documented his journey after switching the vast majority of his extensive portfolio to Afternic landing pages.

AbdulBasit stopped sharing his Afternic sales in September 2020, but he has kept remarkably busy, adding a domain consultancy service to his overall domaining business.

As the end of 2020 approaches, I took the opportunity to catch up with AbdulBasit Makrani to chat about his latest sales, his Afternic experiment, and his acquisition strategy.

Read the interview on my blog
@James Iles great interview , thank you :)

A great success story and also an inspiring story for the other domainers. @AbdulBasit.com wishing you to repeat many more such success stories.

Last edited:
•••
Do you list the domains on Sedo now or is it just Afternic now? Landers I understand are on Afternic only

•••
Do you list the domains on Sedo now or is it just Afternic now? Landers I understand are on Afternic only

I'm using Afternic landers and have listed all domains with Sedo as well. Occasionally sales do happen via Sedo so it's worth listing with them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back