Dynadot

Internet.Bs

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We have just added a new Pricing Level for people paying by Wire Transfer or Paypal Mass Payment, prices are extremely low and the only condition to meet is to keep a positive balance of at least $500.

•••
We have just added a new Pricing Level for people paying by Wire Transfer or Paypal Mass Payment, prices are extremely low and the only condition to meet is to keep a positive balance of at least $500.

sounds like a fair deal. :tu:

•••
Is it no longer possible for $7.99 renewals for .org?

Thanks!

•••
Is it no longer possible for $7.99 renewals for .org?

Thanks!

yes it is possible, just check our pricing list. You basically have two options either you renew it for multiple years and the price goes progressively down to USD7.85 or you make a prepayment by Wire or Paypal Mass Payment exceeding USD500 and you will get .org registrations and renewals at only USD7.99 from the first year and down to USD7.85 for multiple years.

You should note that the .org Registry has increased their prices of about 50 cents on the 1st April and we have kept, so far, our .org prices unchanged despite the Registry increase:

http://www.namepros.com/i
ndustry-news/703440-org-and-info-price-increase.html

•••

So $500 is unusable if you want to keep `bulk` pricing?

Does not sound too good :<

•••
So $500 is unusable if you want to keep `bulk` pricing?

Does not sound too good :<

It is not true that the 500 are not usable, you can use them but you would buy at the regular price, which is already extremely cheap compared to most Registrars. If you want a better price you have to make an extra effort. Please take in account that at the "bulk" pricing we make less than 50 cent gross profit per .com registration and we lose money for transfers, as such I would say that it is fair enough...and don't forget that anyway we have to pay each Registry in advance for your Registrations so basically most of the funds that you are depositing are going straight to Registry balances to cover your future registrations.

•••
It is not true that the 500 are not usable, you can use them but you would buy at the regular price, which is already extremely cheap compared to most Registrars.

Hi Marco

I want to be sure we've all understood this right, since it is new. Here's an example of how I understand it - is this correct?

Domainer transfers $1000 into Internet.bs account. They are then able to register and renew at the agreed discounted rate.

Once the prepaid balance in the account falls to $499, registrations and renewals are no longer discounted.

By topping up the balance to be above $500, the domainer again gets discount until the balance again goes below $500.

This is not time-limited - the discount is always there as long as the prepaid account balance is over $500.

Is that correct?

BTW to me it looks like for the domainer it is a simple calculation - does keeping a $500 non interest paying deposit at Internet.bs earn me more than it would somewhere else? Depends on the level of discount,and what your other uses of the $500 would be.

•••
that's absolutely correct Carob.

•••
Reviving one more time since this seems like the right place. I used internet.bs for a while and I have to agree that their bulk management tools work great. That's a plus considering one of the biggest names in the business (1and1) doesn't even have bulk tools at all(!!).

However, I found (and still find) their pricing to be far too confusing. They didn't have any information on their site that the crossed-out price was the price you'd be paying for renewals and the cheaper price was just the first year when you transfer to them.

Now they seem to have changed their prices, but it's even MORE confusing. Click to see their full prices and you get this overly complicated chart.... and what in the world is "Wire Only I" supposed to mean? And when you talk about 10 years, is that *per domain* or is it for all domains total? Why can't it be simple and easy to understand like Domain Monster? See: domainmonster.com/domains

And when it was time for renewal, I asked their customer support about the price increase (which took me by surprise since there was no explanation on their site about it at the time), they gave me the same story that MarcoRinaudo has given us about how little margin there is in domain registration. They DID NOT offer to match a better price, unlike their guarantee, which I can't find on their site any more.

If that's as cheap as they feel they can go and still run their business, fair enough, but there are cheaper services out there, so I'm not falling for the sob story. ;)

Unless I am misunderstanding their price structure, looks like it's time for me to move on to Domain Monster.

Upshot - internet.bs has good service, good bulk edit tools, free private whois, one of the cheaper (but not the cheapest) prices that I have been able to find, but confusing (and maybe misleading) price structure.

•••
I have been using InternetBS.net for over two years and I believe I have saved hundreds of dollars since I moved all of my domains from NameCheap to them, the free whois privacy service alone is being charged at $5/$10year at most other registrars.

The interface is easy to use but the ticketing system could improve, they have always replied to me on time and solved my problems but tickets are not archived in your account for future reference, you are supposed to keep the emails, but I am ok with that in exchange for savings $$.

Last edited:
•••
Why can't it be simple and easy to understand like Domain Monster? See: domainmonster.com/domains

Unless I am misunderstanding their price structure, looks like it's time for me to move on to Domain Monster.
Realizing your post is 4 months old so maybe DomainMonster prices could have gone up in 4 months, but i went to your link: domainmonster.com/domains
and the Domainmonster prices are not good. Even if you register your ".com" for 10 years that only gets you down to 9.49, not cheap.

•••
Looks like the prices are going up. The email says 14 Jan, but are the prices already changed on the site?

Also the prepay bulk discount seems to have changed from what was discussed here, and some people may not be able to use it since for many Masspay is now blocked.

•••
PayPal

Does anyone know if or when Internetbs will be able to accept PayPal?

•••
Does anyone know if or when Internetbs will be able to accept PayPal?

their account is locked by PayPal since february, afaik

•••
•••
You can use paypal through their other checkout options.

I have not read good things about Skrill and the other payment options. I would rather use PayPal.

I was aware that they no longer accept PayPal but was wondering if people knew if they were going to be able to offer that as a payment option again?

Last edited:
•••
Is anyone having trouble renewing domains at Internet.bs?

I have encountered a really serious problem which they have not resolved after two days - they did not even reply to the followup email which I sent to their support today.

I renewed some domains two days ago and received confirmation of payment and a transaction number. But the domains did not appear as renewed in my account and the DNS had been set by Internet.bs to their own parking nameservers. I left it overnight thinking there was a slight delay and in the morning sent an email to their support.

Now because of this domain renewal fiasco, someone else's live site representing their business is showing an Internet.bs parking page from which internet.bs make money even after taking payment for renewal of the domain name.

I am having similar problems with some other domains renewed at the same time. Now if this had not involved a live site, I would not have noticed that the domains I had paid for were not in fact renewed. Later they would have dropped.

So if you have domains there, I suggest checking very carefully that all renewals really succeed.

•••
Does anyone know if internet.bs are in financial trouble? Has anyone had problems with paying them and then finding that they do not get what they paid for? Or getting no reply from the support contact or chat?

Maybe this needs a new thread.

Also, it looks like now on the day of renewal - not after - Internet.bs switch your DNS to their own parking pages

Name Server: NS1.ELEPHANT-TRAFFIC.COM
Name Server: NS2.ELEPHANT-TRAFFIC.COM
Name Server: NS3.ELEPHANT-TRAFFIC.COM

and they lock the domain in your account so you cannot change that domain's DNS, or anything else for it. So you might also lose use of email configured on the domain.

Last edited:
•••
I have recently transfered couple of .wf domains to them and had NO troubles. I used to chat them about 4 days ago and they seems to be all right.

Does anyone know if internet.bs are in financial trouble? Has anyone had problems with paying them and then finding that they do not get what they paid for? Or getting no reply from the support contact or chat?

Maybe this needs a new thread.

Also, it looks like now on the day of renewal - not after - Internet.bs switch your DNS to their own parking pages

Name Server: NS1.ELEPHANT-TRAFFIC.COM
Name Server: NS2.ELEPHANT-TRAFFIC.COM
Name Server: NS3.ELEPHANT-TRAFFIC.COM

and they lock the domain in your account so you cannot change that domain's DNS, or anything else for it. So you might also lose use of email configured on the domain.

•••
I purchased 6 domain names with Internet.bs in August as a first time customer and I used PayPal for my order with no issues. I actually had a few questions and initiated 2 separate live chat sessions with their customer support and all went well, quick response and questions answered.

Overall, very satisfied.

•••
•••
•••
Thanks everyone for the replies. My DNS/renewal problem did get solved yesterday, but only after I set them a deadline - the start of the business day - and they missed it, and I then posted a Internet.bs warning on Namepros

As you can see from my comments earlier in this thread, I have been very satisfied with internet.bs. In the past they responded fine to emails and a very few support requests. But I have no way of knowing how big they are or what level of support they really offer, so I was pretty concerned by this and in this case payment went wrong, support did not respond in a reasonable way, and domains were kept parked by Internet.bs when they should not have been.

There has just been a big hurricane there so maybe there are probs, but that shouldn't affect automated systems? What does internet.bs have to say about this?

•••
I like internet.bs as they are the proud sponsor of my website of the year

•••
Has anyone here sent internet.bs a wire transfer? How did it go?

They offer cheaper rates if you send money this way. They used to offer something like this with Paypal, but they no longer offer Paypal as a payment method.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back