Domain Empire

.info .infos are increasing in popularity!?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

-fp-

FabianPattberg.comEstablished Member
Impact
Hello NP.

I have just read the latest article from Mara of Sedo on the increasing popularity of .infos.
The article can be found here:

Sedo Article

What is NP's opinion about the popularity of .infos? Will they be the next .com or is it just a marketing push from the registrars?

Lets here some opinions!

Regards,
Fabian

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
INFO is the next IN thing .... I have always believed the fact that INFO was much better than org . This is my order of preference.

COM
NET
INFO
so on

•••
I like them as they're cheap, and you can get them even cheaper second hand. For a site which I had in mind I'd rather a .com, but if I was offer a .info which I could make a site about then I'm happy with that too :P

•••
I do think the popularity of .info will rise, .info won't be the next .com but will be quite popular as they are pretty cheap and best suited for informational sites.

•••
Mods:

Please delete the last post as it is not really about the quality of the .infos! :tri:

Thanks.

•••
•••
I don't think .info will really become huge.
.com and .net have much more potential IMHO

•••
I like info alot
I saw my first national commercial on TV 2 nights ago for a .info site----It was 888.info----a poker site.

•••
Volholic said:
I like info alot
I saw my first national commercial on TV 2 nights ago for a .info site----It was 888.info----a poker site.

I like .info, too, provided the names are suited. (I.e. "Origami.info" or "BankLoans.info" are good, "ZBDTowing.info" probably not).

ripley.

•••
If the prices rise in line with what I have been reading elsewhere on here, (.biz, .info, .org premium prices) then it will die in my opinion. The only reason .info is popular is because it is cheap. If it was the same price as .com, i don't think it will grow as fast it has done up to now

•••
There has been quite a few very nice .info sales - I think they will continue to do well.

•••
I still think it would have grown faster IF the domains name were suited for info ..... like autoloans.info, it means a lot ....

•••
hope .info will do well.

•••
I believe .INFO is the chance for us to get good return:)

•••
As a developer of informational sites I love .info domains. I even prefer them to .coms.

From an investment perspective, I'm not so sure. Popularity has been inflated by low prices, and although there have been a few good sales I still think the market's still pretty weak. Even some of my techy friends have never heard of the extension; awareness is tiny.

•••
I hope that it does get very popular. Then it's success would motivate decision makers for other extensions to consider reducing their prices.

•••
Some info news and views

.infos are perfect for information sites. I'm developing some real estate information sites so its a great extension for that type of site (IMHO).

As an aside I watched some crazy bidding on some .infos this week. These are likely the last bidded price. They were drops.

sound.info - $2579
asbestos.info - $2004
distancelearning - $1376
aei.info - $252

•••
When I saw the sale of birthname.com on Sedo I was surprised to
see that birthname.info was still unregged (not any more)
Personally, I think the info suits this one better!

•••
-fp- said:
Mods:

Please delete the last post as it is not really about the quality of the .infos! :tri:

Thanks.

inspiration100 said:
reported it

Who? What? Where? :-/

•••
-db- said:
Who? What? Where? :-/

SLOW :hehe:

I have many .infos so am keen to see them rise in value... :)

•••
I really like infos. They are better than org and biz. Com, net, info... yes i agree that order is best

•••
Would not surprise me at all to see .info overtake .net eventually - but not for a while.

•••
I have way more trouble selling .net's than .info's

.net is dying a slow death in my opinion.

I can't remember the last time I received an offer on a .net, but I receive $xxx offers on .infos quite often.

granted, my info collection is arguably nicer than my .net collection.

Dave

•••
.infos are on the rise, and will be for the foreseeable future -- the development/branding potential is quite strong for many areas

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back