Domain Empire

Information about selling website on Sedo

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

nico27

Impact
Hi all, i am new here and i need some advice please

I live in north africa and i want to sell my gaming website on sedo, my website have more then 11000 daily user and i want to sell it for X0000$, my domain and website content are in ovh, i want to know 3 things

1)How can i find buyers faster, sedo is not like flippa, if i post mywebsite i have to wait longtime till i get buyers i think, is there another way to find sedo buyers ?

2)Will i have to give seo suport my domain information to push the domain, so they can send it to the buyer?

3)I have reed somwhere that sedo doesnt send wire transfer to non EU countries is it true ? or can i get payment in my country without any problem?

Thank you in advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Flippa is the best place to sell websites. Go and check it out to see some examples.. Sedo works better if you are only trying to only sell a domain name.

•••
thank you for your answer, i know flippa is the best place to sell websites, but iam afraind to be scammed there, because if a sell the website in flippa i will have to use escrow.com and if a push domain with website direct to the buyer there is risk of scam

•••
thank you for your answer, i know flippa is the best place to sell websites, but iam afraind to be scammed there, because if a sell the website in flippa i will have to use escrow.com and if a push domain with website direct to the buyer there is risk of scam

Yeah, but I think buyers are verified by Flippa...Or you can check to see if they have a good track record/history on Flippa. escrow.com is one of the safest. They hold payment from the buyer before you transfer your domain etc..

•••
yes bro but there is a bik risk, even if they have good reputation i prefere service like sedo where i give information about my website and domain to sedo so they push to the buyer, escrow.com doesnt do that, and buyer can change whois to seller name, there is always a risk and iam afraid to be scammed for X0000$

•••
nobody know about wire tranfer from sedo to non eu countries ?

•••
Another paranoid person.....

•••
Hi bro you think you're smart :) , I have the right to be careful because for me X0000$ it's not nothing, it's not like I was going to sell a shoe, iam not paranoid i am looking for the safest way to sell my website, maybe iam wrong if i had to buy my watch i would take the risk :)

•••
Seems you are, the way you are so worried about any transaction.

•••
Hi all, i am new here and i need some advice please

I live in north africa and i want to sell my gaming website on sedo, my website have more then 11000 daily user and i want to sell it for X0000$, my domain and website content are in ovh, i want to know 3 things

1)How can i find buyers faster, sedo is not like flippa, if i post mywebsite i have to wait longtime till i get buyers i think, is there another way to find sedo buyers ?

2)Will i have to give seo suport my domain information to push the domain, so they can send it to the buyer?

3)I have reed somwhere that sedo doesnt send wire transfer to non EU countries is it true ? or can i get payment in my country without any problem?

Thank you in advance

Nico, have you thought about using a broker? You could try someone like FE International who qualify their buyers (who have to sign NDAs) and use Escrow.

•••

@nico27, Escrow.com provides domain escrow also. You can read about their escrow service at Buy and sell domains and websites and Secure domain name holding.

Don't know if they provide escrow for website contents or not. I have not used Escrow.com but from what I read online, they seem to have good reputation. Why not write to them, ask them all your doubts and see if they are right for you. You could also post a separate question at NamePros to seek feedback for Escrow.com services for domainers who have used them.

Flippa offers Escrow.com as one of payment options. So you could list your site at Flippa but select Escrow.com as a payment option. ( If you do this, make sure to deselect Flippa Escrow and Paypal and any other payment options or if you are having problems, ask Flippa support to do it for you. ) Flippa will charge you their fees for sale, and Escrow.com will charge their fees for escrow services, put together, it will be hefty but this seems a good combination for your concerns.

Just makes sure to ask Escrow.com and Flippa all your questions before listing, which is important for a high value sale as you are expecting. You can also follow up again at Namepros with your doubts, there are lot of experienced and friendly domainers here. ( I am friendly but not experienced :) )

Also, you could consider a professional appraisal from Sedo. It is bit costly but it will give you a good idea what to expect for the sale.

Good luck. (y)

•••
Nico, have you thought about using a broker? You could try someone like FE International who qualify their buyers (who have to sign NDAs) and use Escrow.

Thank you bro for this useful information i will take a look at FE International

•••
@nico27, Escrow.com provides domain escrow also. You can read about their escrow service at

Don't know if they provide escrow for website contents or not. I have not used Escrow.com but from what I read online, they seem to have good reputation. Why not write to them, ask them all your doubts and see if they are right for you. You could also post a separate question at NamePros to seek feedback for Escrow.com services for domainers who have used them.

Flippa offers Escrow.com as one of payment options. So you could list your site at Flippa but select Escrow.com as a payment option. ( If you do this, make sure to deselect Flippa Escrow and Paypal and any other payment options or if you are having problems, ask Flippa support to do it for you. ) Flippa will charge you their fees for sale, and Escrow.com will charge their fees for escrow services, put together, it will be hefty but this seems a good combination for your concerns.

Just makes sure to ask Escrow.com and Flippa all your questions before listing, which is important for a high value sale as you are expecting. You can also follow up again at Namepros with your doubts, there are lot of experienced and friendly domainers here. ( I am friendly but not experienced :) )

Also, you could consider a professional appraisal from Sedo. It is bit costly but it will give you a good idea what to expect for the sale.

Good luck. (y)

Thank you bro for your help it's very nice from you :) i will try to read more information about escrow.com, i didnt know about secure domain holding on escrow i will try to read more about it, i already asked flippa but they did not answer a real answer they only said : You can find information on Escrow here

•••
Flippa is your best option my broda

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back