Domain Empire

Info Please - Enom PDQ Reseller Accounts

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
If you are an Enom reseller or you know how their system works I'd appreciate some information.

I applied for their PDQ reseller account - $99 annual fee + .95 cc fee + 3% per sale. However in the documentation they sent me it mentions purchasing credits to establish the buy rate using Enom points which is, at first glance a little confusing.

Does every Enom reseller have to purchase points or only those resellers using their API? If I buy 495 points ($495) to establish 8.95 point per domain sale buy rate does that mean that my buy rate is $8.95 and I will have to price my domain registrations at over $10.95 to earn a dollar profit? ($8.95 + .95 + 3%) Like I said, this has got me confused.

Is there any other quality domain reseller opportunities similar to Wild West and Enom?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you get your pdq directly from enom, then it will cost you $495.00 to get a $8.95 reseller account.

other Enom resellers, such as myself, can set-up these $8.95 accounts for you at no charge.

you can then fill your account,with enough funds to pay for the PDQ. thus saving you some initial capital!

contact me should you wish an account!

•••
Thanks for responding to my message Biggie.

Let me apologize in advance if this is all very basic and I am just not getting it. Please let me know if I am understanding this right:

================
You set up my account and I pay the $99 PDQ fee.

I now have an 8.95 account. If I want to register(resell) 1 domain name through my reseller account I must first have purchased at least $8.95 of credits from Enom.

If I charge $10.95 for the domain registration I will have paid Enom $8.95 in credits, then be charged by Enom the .95 cc fee + 3% (.33) for a profit of $0.72

Do I have this right?
================

If so, I don't see how I could possibly make a profit -

In my opinion a generic reseller Web site charging a $10.95 reg fee isn't going to make it.

I was looking to get away from Wild West after they lied to me repeatedly about transferring my customers from one of my reseller accounts to another. However, even though I dislike WWD greatly, Enom doesn't seem to offer a viable alternative.

Am I missing something?

•••
Bruce, most of the time people buy Reseller accounts for their domain purchasing needs. They register for clients or for themselves. It's hard to make on a reseller account imo.

•••
you got it pretty much correct, if you really want to make something off a reseller try to get 6.95 (many are being sold) that way you can make a little. Another option is going to directi.

•••
Thanks for the responses -

Based on your answers it looks like (unfortunately) I am better off staying with Wild West.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back