Dynadot

.info .Info - NameCheap OR DomainSite ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have to choose one of them; please give me your impression about those registrars.

Here's my first impression for what i have read around the forum:

NameCheap.com
+ 2.88 .info registration
+ Many NP'ers use it
+ Better rating than DomainSite in the "domain company reviews" section

DomainSite.com
+ 1.99 .info registration
+ ICANN accredited registrar

Does someone used both? Which one has the better customer support? And what about other domain features such DNS control, etc? What are renewal fees?

PS - I know that RegisterFly.com too has got a very cheap .info registration fee (1.99?), but I have read too many bad impressions about their support so I would not go with them.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Don't hold the ICANN accredidation status against NameCheap. They are a company with a good reputation.

And registering via an eNom reseller you have access to excellent value-added services, network reliability, and are more assured your registrations will be handled properly. I would recommend using an eNom reseller such as NameCheap over 95% of the ICANN accredited companies out there. If you've ever aquired a name through Pool and langed with some rouge registrar you never heard of, you'll know what I mean.

RegisterFly has had their share of customer service problems, but it seems they are improving, and if you can get ahold of the right person you can get the help you need. Both NameCheap and RegisterFly have reps that visit NamePros to assist should a problem arise.

I have domains with all three registrars (NC, RF, and DS) and have not had major problems with service at any.

Good luck,

RJ

•••
You should register it here at namepros for 150np$ ;)

•••
Thank you very much RJ, I think I'll give a try to NameCheap.

•••
I would go with RegisterFly or DomainSite. Currently I use DomainSite for most of my domains and I really love them, but RegisterFly is also very good.

•••
I like NameCheap - the control panel is very clean and simple, the registration process is fast and unlike GoDaddy the site isn't cluttered with "special offers" and other spam.
The only negative point is that it's not possible to lock .info domains.

Does someone knows if it (locking) is included in the $1.99 .info registration with RegisterFly and DomainSite?

•••
-JDT- said:
However, who is the most professional among RF, DS and NC?

NameCheap IMO.

Namecheap are the best domain registrar in the business.

I've had problems with both Registerfly and Domainsite before, but never NameCheap, thus, I now register pretty much all my domains with them :tu:

•••
•••
Umer said:
CHedck out this http://theflypaper.com/#info

.info for ONLY $1.99 at RegisterFly.com :)
If you buy 50+ ,You can get for $1.25 at registerfly
If you do like Me and register a few more .info's than most people
Registerfly is the BEST price in the world
(Shameless plug for them ,but their service is still problematic)

•••
If I were in a position to choose between NameCheap and DomainSite I would go with NameCheap. I already have 4 domains that I bought through them and I do think they are serious and they have a good reputation. I'm not saying that DomainSite is bad. That's my opinion anyway.

All the best,

Sw

•••
namecheap rocks. I love em. the best registrar, no doubt!

•••
Barefoottech said:
If you buy 50+ ,You can get for $1.25 at registerfly
If you do like Me and register a few more .info's than most people
Registerfly is the BEST price in the world
(Shameless plug for them ,but their service is still problematic)

I do not know what you are talking about Barefoottech. But here are the details of the PROMO code, taht I was talking about :))

Special Promotion

Promotion code
INFOSPECIAL

Promotion Expires
2005-08-14

Special Requirements
You must have at least 1 .info domain name in your cart when you attempt to use this code. This special promotion is limited to 1 year registrations only. Multiple year registrations will be charged full price (9.99 /ea).

•••
I agree with you, namecheap is also the best registrar i ever have.
But Prices for .com is not the best (and when you register many DN 1.5 more dollars is a lot)

•••
•••
During the last few weeks I have read some bad reports re regfly, and the company feedback section supports the negative impression. Those using namecheap are very positive. I have had a new names registration problem with NC recently but their email support has been fast and effective.

•••
I have 1100 .infos with Registerfly and have had no Problems ,
DS i have had heaps of hassles
NC I have had no experience with
Godudes.com is The best overall service I have found for other than .info's price wise (Mainly because ,as owner I get for w'sale)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back