NameSilo

.info .info Forums / Websites

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,
I am planning on starting a forum soon and using the .info instead of the .com

I am wondering if any of you out there have done the same and reccommend it or not, I own many names related to the .info name I will be using which is a premium one word .info.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
forums and .info just dont mix IMHO.
But I have seen a few people do this.

•••
Do you know of any website addresses which forums are using .info? Thanks

•••
well, it is not very good idea to start forum on info domain, but you have also site that has some interesting info then it could be good. I am using info domain for 1 of my sites and I have also forum there, it isn't the best, but I can not get com

•••
I am pretty positive that my .info will work, as I have many names which are related to the keyword which I will be parked at the forum, it is a one word travel domain name, of which I have just bought today and once I get full ownership I will post it here on this thread.

I would howver like to see some .info websites / forums out of curiosity.

•••
ComScout.com said:
Do you know of any website addresses which forums are using .info? Thanks
These Google search results should get you started. Seems to be quite a few of them.

•••
just go with it, .infos are more common and more known nowadays

•••
Thanks ... that has helped me alot!

•••
I do not think it will make much difference.
Once you develop a domain name, the content plays more important role.
A good content .info are much more better than a one page parked .com domain

I might be wrong.......

•••
Go for it. Imo .info's are on the up and are very versatile :hehe:

Let us know :)

Last edited:
•••
depends on your website. I have a .info website that blends well with my concept.

http://csqa.info

it has forums running too.

But its hard to market and many people dont understand what .info is and they type csqa.info.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back