Dynadot

.info .info drops ~ Let the madness begin!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Will you be reging .info's when they start dropping?

• 1st

Perhaps, it all depends on what ones I can get my hands on....

votes
    64.5%
  • 2nd

.infos's have no value at all, so there is no point / i don't like .info's

votes
    22.6%
  • 3rd

Like Mad! I'll register any and every .info in sight!

votes
    8.1%
  • 4th

No Way! I'll let others do the dirty work, then buy them at a later date, for cheaper....

votes
    4.8%

• 62 votes
  • Ended 19 years ago
  • Final results

Sabre

First Time Poster!Top Member
Impact
In September, there is going to be A LOT of .info drops.

Are you going to be one of these people who is going to go round, and snap up tons of them?

I'm going to be checking out the drops, and setting myself on the ones I think are really good, and not just go mad and reg every one in sight ;)

Also, what do people think this will do to the .info market?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I like .info :xf.love:

I just wish it was used alittle more :) Its cheap and it fits some names really well

•••
Moderators ! Please wake up. This is slow poisoning.

-Pratik

•••
i m not a fan of info !

but still want it

•••
Muneeb2Good said:
i m not a fan of info !

but still want it

Well for someone with not alot of spare money (me :blink: ) I think its great there is something alittle cheaper

•••
Moderators ! Please wake up. This is slow poisoning.

-Pratik

Right on he always does this.

•••
equity78 said:
Right on he always does this.

Agreed.

I don't have the strength or willpower, currently, to sift through the posts and pick out his useless ones, though i may do tomorrow :tu:

Getting this topic back on track, i do agree with BFT, I'm starting to reg .info's sometimes, instead of .com, simply because of the lower reg fee....

IMO, the low reg fee is driving registrations of .info up vastly, and i wouldnt be suprised if i saw the amount of registrations P.A. slowly begin to excel .com......

BFT, I can see you are reging a lot of .info's, any reason why?

Im guessing you can see an extreme increase in .info prices, or something of the sort?

•••
i have a couple of .info and I am definetly not selling unless there is a good offer...cubagoodingjr.info, drewbledsoe.info, dennisquaid.info

•••
BFT, I can see you are reging a lot of .info's, any reason why?

Im guessing you can see an extreme increase in .info prices, or something of the sort?

The topic of this and other similiar Threads was exactly about the desirabilty of .info's and their importance as a valid Domain to purchase and/or keep.

Yes I have purchased a lot of .info's recently and I intend to purchase more.

If that is a problem with those of you who can't or don't like to purchase them, OK . That is your decision.

But don't give me or others who like .info's a hard time because of that decision.

A lot of you didn't mind selling me your .info's for give-away prices. Maybe you now regret giving them away.

Sabre ,you ask why am I purchasing a lot of them . One simple answer ,Why not buy them,
As a wheelchair and house-bound internet businessman ,I don't and can't spend my money on irrational basis.

These are some of my hard-nosed and thought out reasons.

1/ Cheap ($2 or less )

2/ Very Brandable (Ringtones.info is better anyday than Ringtones.cc)

3/ Large selection of Keyword rich names still available

4/ PPC /CPM Price/ Earnings Ratio Very Good

5/ An accepted gTLD ,not some Unknown ccTLD or Sub-Domain

6/ Why Not ,I am in this to make money, emotional & irrational decisions regarding the purchase of capital assets like domain names are not viable.All my decisions are made on a purely commercial basis,with the possible exception of my charitable and voluntary organisation name purchases.

No I don't think the price is going up anytime soon , But I also don't think the price is going down either.

PostScript , This is my 1111th posting on namepros

Last edited:
•••
1,2,3,5, and 6 I definately agree with David.

However, I've never had much luck parking / Google Ad wise with my .info domains, even though i had a couple of good ones a while back (though god knows what they were :p)

Is there any special way, that you go about generating this revenue, or do you simply just buy in mass, and you get a small fee from each name, which adds up to a lot, if you have a thousand of them?

Thanks in advance!

•••
Sabre said:
In September, there is going to be A LOT of .info drops.

I think the bulk of the promotion last year happened in September and October. Yes there will be lots of expires in September, but the actual drops will mostly fall in November/December/January after the redemption grace periods.

Now don't go spending all your family Christmas money on .infos.....
:D

•••
AdoptableDomains said:
I think the bulk of the promotion last year happened in September and October. Yes there will be lots of expires in September, but the actual drops will mostly fall in November/December/January after the redemption grace periods.

Now don't go spending all your family Christmas money on .infos.....
:D

Thats true, but many backorders will be taking place in September ;)

•••
don't really like the extension, it's too long.

•••
•••
Macke said:
don't really like the extension, it's too long.
That is the most well thought-out and rational reason mentioned so far.

•••
I love .infos , mainly becuase they are cheap ;) . I will prob go round regging a few good ones :D

•••
Barefoottech said:
That is the most well thought-out and rational reason mentioned so far.

Let's just say, he sure didnt get any positive reputation for that one ;)

It doesnt matter about the length of something, as long as it does the job!

•••
Sabre said:
It doesnt matter about the length of something, as long as it does the job!

Now, go say the same thing to a woman :laugh:

•••
I picked up naturistholidays.info today which I am pleased with. I think the extention really suits it :)

•••
Perhaps, it all depends on what ones I can get my hands on.... gmv

•••
Doffy90 said:
Perhaps, it all depends on what ones I can get my hands on.... gmv

Are you referring to Naturist Holidays in an earlier post :laugh:

•••
I will try to register some for my own pleasure lol...
As I don't see any *BIG* market of .info so far....except some extraordinary keywords.

•••
I don't see the rationale of buying 3 * .info names rather than 1 .com because of the price. For reselling and traffic income there is generally greater than 3 * potential with the single .com. However, where the name fits and it is a very good name then .info justifies purchase....unfortunately we see a lot of .info so-so names registered which are going nowhere.

•••
I might register a few if I see a good one.

•••
i won't... only a miracle will make me buy .info's...

•••
i wouldnt mind getting the infos at their free promotion period but now we have to pay ><

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back