IT.COM

.us Infidels(.)us

NameSilo
Watch
Saw this domain on TDNAM's fire sale and snatches it. I'm generally not a big fan of alternative TLDs, but I figured this keyword fit the extension well and would help complement my AmericanInfidels(.)com, so why not.

Cost me fortune though -- $19.99 to renew + $5 TDNAM fee ($24.99 total) -- and absolutely none of GoDaddy coupon codes put a dent in the price.

This constitutes (bad pun) my 2nd .us domain purchase. My only other one was MilitaryDraft(.)us, a hand-reg.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
JoshuaPz said:
Saw this domain on TDNAM's fire sale and snatches it. I'm generally not a big fan of alternative TLDs, but I figured this keyword fit the extension well and would help complement my AmericanInfidels(.)com, so why not.

Cost me fortune though -- $19.99 to renew + $5 TDNAM fee ($24.99 total) -- and absolutely none of GoDaddy coupon codes put a dent in the price.

This constitutes (bad pun) my 2nd .us domain purchase. My only other one was MilitaryDraft(.)us, a hand-reg.

I bleed red, white and blue.

Trust - me - it doesn't fit the extension.

Plus, u can't hide behind a domain proxy, Paul.

Bad Karma.

•••
Haha -- silly rabbit. As a domainer, you should know that names snatched off TDNAM's firesale take a week to formally "change hands", and for the whois information to update. Check it again in 5 days.

Being a software engineer, I'm not really sure what an "American infidel" is exactly. My automated software tools simply observed that $25 is excellent bang-for-one's buck on that keyword+TLD.

I don't think Infidels(.)us is necessarily a keyword targeted towards group who strive to be disloyal to our country. The domain could be an attractive to non-profits that attempt to sway American self-haters from their position, and perhaps don't want such a domain ending up in the wrong hands. If I'm wrong or being farfetched, please correct me. Many of my registrations have turned out lucrative but I occasionally make mistakes.

- me - said:
I bleed red, white and blue.

Trust - me - it doesn't fit the extension.

Plus, u can't hide behind a domain proxy, Paul.

Bad Karma.

•••
Im confused why al kada keep dropping their domains - maybe their running out of money and cant afford to renew!!! yay!!! Now I might have a chance at getting 40virginsintheafterlife.com!!!!

LOL i had a few questionable domain I found in my list of 1100 a lil while ago -I cancelled them out of my account (though most ppl woulnt even find them offensive) but since I figured they were part of a portfolio purchase I made - they prolly werent ones I cared about out of the group. Anyway, I cancelled them out my account, thinking they'd be avail again for re-reg - but no - GD put them on TDNAM for sale -

•••
I didn't realize what the term meant. Being a proud American citizen, I'll cancel the domain as soon as it becomes mine. I apologize for my ignorance.

•••
JoshuaPz said:
Haha -- silly rabbit.

Correction.

That should be silly wabbit.

JoshuaPz said:
I don't think Infidels(.)us is necessarily a keyword targeted towards group who strive to be disloyal to our country.

OK, use it in a positive light.

And for someone that only has two (2) .US domains, you sure picked a couple of beauts.

Saw your comment after my last post.

JoshuaPz said:
I didn't realize what the term meant. Being a proud American citizen, I'll cancel the domain as soon as it becomes mine. I apologize for my ignorance.

Good man.

Last edited:
•••
I think I'm more offended by the $19.99 GoDaddy .US renewal price than the keyword :). Ouch!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back