IT.COM

question Increase saleability

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Yasin.ismail

Established Member
Impact
Ok so I have two questions here:
Firstly, if your domain is parked does that increase your chances of selling it?
Secondly, is the value of your .com likely to increase if the .net and .org are taken?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ok so I have two questions here:
Firstly, if your domain is parked does that increase your chances of selling it?
Secondly, is the value of your .com likely to increase if the .net and .org are taken?

Hi

if, your domain is NOT parked,
then how will you know if it gets any traffic and possibly could earn some ppc revenue?

if, it did and you didn't park it.....then how would you ever know

if, .net and org are taken and are not being used. ie: parked or have landers or under construction pages...
then how could that add value to .com?

- unless .com was owned before .net and .org were registered and those owners plan to develop them -
then the .com might gain value from bleeding traffic, from those two extensions.
but again: you'd have to have it parked to know that

also depends on if net/org are owned by same person or not/ and if net/org have different content/subject matter, if/when developed.

then again, some names are better suited for say .org, than .com
and it such situations, the ,.org owner has no interest in the com

it all goes back to, the actual name in question.

imo...

•••
For parking you mean the classic page showing ads and "this domain may be for sale" or a clean sale page without ads? These convert much better specially with a fixed price under 5000 usd.

I don't think is worth show ads on a landing page unless the name has really heavy traffic...

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back