NameSilo

[In need of help] Understanding AdSense

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I've got a few understanding problems with the AdSense programme. I've read through the Help Centre and i'm just not catching on to what its telling me.

In laments terms can somebody tell me what eCPM is and how that helps me?

Also, i used the external keywords tool thing and i typed the keywords 'donate car' and it said 'Estimated Avg. CPC' was $40ish but i dont get what that means, cause ads with 'donate car' as the title appear on my site all the time yet i've never seen a click on my site be worth that value... What am i missing?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think i figured that one out today it means per 1000 ad impressions, therefore you would get somewhere around .04cents a click 40/1000 CPM minus googles cut of course so 3 cents then.

•••
Oh ok, thanks. Do you know anything about the keyword thing i mentioned? I'm a bit stumped cause they tools says the 'Donate Car' keyphrase is worth $40 'Estimated Avg. CPC" but if i divide my total for the day by the amount of clicks i get around 30cents per click

•••
bid tool

Here is a link for an appoxamate value of the cost of the click. Probably best to use it as a ballpark figure as the tool is overture, google likes it's secrets.

Overture Bid tool

Scott

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back