Dynadot

discuss Impossible to Buy Domains on GoDaddy Expired Auctions?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

YairDD

I'm cool, I think?Top Member
Impact
Is it just me or in the last months it became impossible to acquire names on Godaddy expired auctions? Before Covid it was very easy to find good names for a normal reseller price, but now the domains sell for a very high reseller price or even end-user price.

I did not buy any domain from there in months!

A few recent examples:

grandoor.com - $712
buysocial.com - $2,084
raymon.com - $3,973
incendium.com - $2,925
rshield.com - $1,055
astrotarot.com - $507
digitaliz.com - $1,002

And a looooooooot more.

Wassup?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I always thought Godaddy Expired auctions were inflated, Covid or no Covid.

Take your chances GD Closeouts :xf.wink:
I avoid their Godaddy “Expired Auctions”

Last edited:
•••
What’s annoying is if we tried to auction our own domains on there we wouldn’t get such prices for our similar type domains?

•••
What’s annoying is if we tried to auction our own domains on there we wouldn’t get such prices for our similar type domains?

Exactly, the whole reason is that user auctions start at $20 min bid, so people can tell it's owned by someone and end up avoiding those auctions in favor of the $12 ones they know are up for grabs. If they would change it so that user auctions would "blend in" with the expired domains, then we could start to see some more action on our domains. But why would they want that for us?

•••
Is it just me or in the last months it became impossible to acquire names on Godaddy expired auctions? Before Covid it was very easy to find good names for a normal reseller price, but now the domains sell for a very high reseller price or even end-user price.

A few recent examples:

grandoor.com - $712
buysocial.com - $2,084
raymon.com - $3,973
incendium.com - $2,925
rshield.com - $1,055
astrotarot.com - $507
digitaliz.com - $1,002

And a looooooooot more.

Wassup?

Looking at that list, you should be grateful you didn't win.

•••
Agree, noticed the same thing, I think a lot of people took these domaining courses and they are just gambling away. Same thing is happening in the stock market and crypto.

•••
Is it just me...

grandoor.com - $712
buysocial.com - $2,084
raymon.com - $3,973
incendium.com - $2,925
rshield.com - $1,055
astrotarot.com - $507
digitaliz.com - $1,002

Let's see what happens with these domain names.

•••
  • These types of domains are often snatched away and hard to own

•••

A few recent examples:

grandoor.com - $712
buysocial.com - $2,084
raymon.com - $3,973
incendium.com - $2,925
rshield.com - $1,055
astrotarot.com - $507
digitaliz.com - $1,002

And a looooooooot more.

Wassup?

Get half of the names that sit for days/weeks in the bargain bin here on NamePros, slap an expired sticker on them and put 1 bid on it and watch it soar.

•••
Agree, noticed the same thing, I think a lot of people took these domaining courses and they are just gambling away. Same thing is happening in the stock market and crypto.
Nah, it's probably because of COVID.

•••
Exactly, the whole reason is that user auctions start at $20 min bid, so people can tell it's owned by someone and end up avoiding those auctions in favor of the $12 ones they know are up for grabs. If they would change it so that user auctions would "blend in" with the expired domains, then we could start to see some more action on our domains. But why would they want that for us?

Boom!

•••
agreed, crazy prices. have been looking at couple names but its been going at way higher prices than i anticipated. infact probably end users purchases!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back