IT.COM

Impersonator Using My Name / Email Address - Help Appreciated!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Someone is using my email address (mike at nametalent.com) to leave derogatory and profane comments on domain industry blogs like DomainNameWire.com, ChefPatrick.com, DotSauce.com and several others. Several bloggers have contacted me to tip me off about this impersonator already, thank you. If I am an active commenter on your blog and can auto-comment please check your recent comments for really obvious, stupid, profane comments and delete them. I’m sorry for the inconvenience, this is not something I have dealt with and I don’t know why this person would have beef with me.

I have received an email letter from this person telling me that he thinks I hack “Steam accounts” and he’s going to turn me in… I have no idea what this means..?? Steam accounts? Below is the email letter sent from: [email protected] the IP address is: 78.240.4.95 which resolves to: Country: France State/Region: Bourgogne City: Tonnerre Latitude: 47.85 Longitude: 3.9667.

Hello guy,

I know who you are … I’m giving your name and identification informations to Steam …

You’re nothing but a xxxx. You try hacking Steam accounts but your method looks so stupid …

I xxxx you and I xxxx you mother. I’ll use your name everywhere I will be able to, also giving the name of your web site, in order to ridiculize you.

[line remove, all insults]

Now, don’t try to answer, I don’t care about this mailing adress, I won’t read the messages you could send here. I will only use it to send messages =)

Just remember, I’m gonna use my free time to usurp your identity just like you do with honnest people.

You are a sh*t I will enjoy crushing everytime I will get the opportunity. And I sincerely hope you will be in trouble with justice.

This is the only time I contact you. Now I act x)

Bye little xxxxx ! Hahahahaha

Any advice in dealing with this kind of impersonator would be appreciated. Also, anyone know what he might be talking about hacking steam accounts??

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

I guess this is what he means 'Steam' account: Welcome to Steam ??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
he's going to ridiculize you ?? LOL

•••
Take the email he sent you, find what email service he sent it from, send them the email with full headers to them. the service he sent it from should have a spam or support dept.

•••
ISP for that IP# [email protected]

Police for that area (URL Below), as far as I can tell (hope I have the right police contact area for you - French language not my thing:lol:). If not, at least they can get you in the right direction. Also, not my thing, France's laws. But, most anywhere in the world, impersonation, defamation, and threatening as he is can be serious crimes.

Police contact info on their website:
PHP:
http://www.prefecturedepolice.interieur.gouv.fr/Prevention/Les-commissariats/75008/Contacts-et-interlocuteurs

Go get the nutcase:kickass:

•••
Update:

Thanks to some help from a commenter in my blog post, I realized my site had been hacked and someone setup a phishing scam on the following webpages I did not know about: http://nametalent.com/www.steampowered.com and http://nametalent.com/Account-Steam.php. I contacted my webhost and had them remove these pages, and root out any other scripts, etc that these hackers may have implemented. The phishing pages were on my website for less than 24 hours.

As a result of all this, there is a man who’s steam account was hacked from by logging into his account from my site (I think). This is the person who is illegally impersonating me and created this mess with my email address. He’s upset at me and still (as of 10 minutes ago when I received his last email) believes I set up the phishing scam.

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

ISP for that IP# [email protected]

Police for that area (URL Below), as far as I can tell (hope I have the right police contact area for you - French language not my thing:lol:). If not, at least they can get you in the right direction. Also, not my thing, France's laws. But, most anywhere in the world, impersonation, defamation, and threatening as he is can be serious crimes.

Police contact info on their website:
PHP:
http://www.prefecturedepolice.interieur.gouv.fr/Prevention/Les-commissariats/75008/Contacts-et-interlocuteurs

Go get the nutcase:kickass:

thank you :great:

•••
It's been a few days. Any change in your situation?

•••
Yes, thank you Olivia

NameTalent.com is down right now and I will be relaunching this week (same database, new look!). I believe hackers were able to get into my site thru a plugin that was not updated in WP.

I am starting to think that the impersonator is the same person as the hacker and just wants to use my site and name to phish peeps info. I am heading to an appt with a fraud officer in my locale today to report the full incident. more updates to come..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back