Domain Empire

iMonetize

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Has Anyone used iMonetize.com? According to their website, you load your domains into their database and they automatically optimize the names to one of the 12 major PPC companies so that you are ensured the highest payouts based on keywords as well as what day of the week it is. Sounds good but what I can't find out is what iMonetize gets out of it. Do they get a cut of the revenue? If so, how much?

Has anyone used their service that can share the experience? Would you recommend it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It sounds like a good idea, but I'm having the same thoughts as you. I've never heard of the company before either, but I am curious as to how, or if, this works.

•••
•••
I'm trying them out...signed up and added some domains. Will let you know how it goes, but so far it looks good. Hope to have some visits by tomorrow, but who knows.

•••
alojah said:
Has Anyone used iMonetize.com? According to their website, you load your domains into their database and they automatically optimize the names to one of the 12 major PPC companies so that you are ensured the highest payouts based on keywords as well as what day of the week it is. Sounds good but what I can't find out is what iMonetize gets out of it. Do they get a cut of the revenue? If so, how much?

Has anyone used their service that can share the experience? Would you recommend it?

Hi Alojah,

Thanks for the interest. While we have not been members on this board for a long time, we have been active on other forums, DNF & Ricks Board for many years now. We have been in the domain monetization business for over 6 yrs, and the Internet/computer industry since the early 90's.

We take between 5% and 15% off the top as a management fee, this is a sliding scale depending on the amount of traffic you get. This is MORE then made up for in increased revenue not only by the GREAT Rev share we get with our partners but also because the traffic is ALWAYS pointing to the best place on a DAILY basis.

We just went public with our site although the technology has been working for some time with larger private domainers and our own portfolio.

I will check back to this thread often should anyone have ANY questions about our services.

Here is another thead on DNF about us with one of our older customers giving us a public indorsment also...

http://www.DNF/showthread.php?t=172123

Hope that helps. :)

Thanks again for your interest,

Jerry Nolte

Last edited:
•••
How does indexing your domains to search engines work if your page is continuously being changed to different parking providors, durring the optimization process?

•••
First off I don't think anybody TRULY knows how SE indexing works, ;D and that really isn't what we are about. We do not claim to get you indexed or get you more Traffic. We claim to make you more with the traffic your domains have. Although a lot of our names have been indexed in the big boys SE's even when they where pointing to different providers. No idea why... But it does happen sometimes.

Hope that answers your question... And thanks for the inquiry!

JN

•••
I've just started experimenting . . .

look ok thus far . . . I wish I had more control on the optimization of my domains . . . (they manually set it for you) . . .

•••
hitchhiker said:
I've just started experimenting . . .

look ok thus far . . . I wish I had more control on the optimization of my domains . . . (they manually set it for you) . . .

Glad it is doing OK by you... Not sure what you mean by

"I wish I had more control on the optimization of my domains . . . (they manually set it for you)"

As we do EVERYTHING automatically, BUT also offer you the option of setting your own Key terms if you wish. Hope this helps....

JN

•••
I am member for about 1 month, search bids vary from day to day (0.3-1$ average), I believe this optimalization process will help to get maximal revenue out of it :)

•••
I have tried them and they are rubbish.

You sign up and enter your details hoping that you can start using the website. When you complete filling your details you get a pop up window telling you the following:

"We have send you a mail by post to the address you provided. It might take two weeks to arrive"

Wtf? You didn't tell me you were going to send me a mail by post. Why do you need my postal address? There is something fishy about that company. I think they are selling your personal details to scammers.

They also want you to print out tax forms and send them back before you can get any payment. I think they are total crap. They are going you use your details god knows where. They wan't too much confidential information from you. Not good.

Also you can't cancel your account.

•••
MarcelProust said:
I have tried them and they are rubbish.

You sign up and enter your details hoping that you can start using the website. When you complete filling your details you get a pop up window telling you the following:

"We have send you a mail by post to the address you provided. It might take two weeks to arrive"

Wtf? You didn't tell me you were going to send me a mail by post. Why do you need my postal address? There is something fishy about that company. I think they are selling your personal details to scammers.

They also want you to print out tax forms and send them back before you can get any payment. I think they are total crap. They are going you use your details god knows where. They wan't too much confidential information from you. Not good.

Also you can't cancel your account.

Well, everybody is entitled to their opinion right or WRONG. The reason we ask for a postal address and do the verification letter is so we can verify you are coming from a legitimate source. Most scammers do not want to give thier REAL address and we find it VERY effective. We DO NOT share this information with ANYONE. It is just a way to help squash the scammers. This also helps the legitimate people make more money as the more we can block PTR and rotator scammers the more everyone else gets paid for REAL traffic.

Sorry you where SO disheartened by a simple verification letter. I wish you well in whatever provider you use. But there is no need to bash our service just because you disagree with our ANTI FRAUD methods.

pepo said:
I am member for about 1 month, search bids vary from day to day (0.3-1$ average), I believe this optimalization process will help to get maximal revenue out of it :)

Glad it is working for you!
:tu:

•••
If somebody asks you unnecessarily about your home address and real name the first thing you should think is "cheque fraud". If they have your paypal and bank details thats even worse.

It is very absurd they want you to fill a tax payment form which means you give away even more information. If this doesn't ring any alarm bells then I don't know what will. I must admit people will fall into this since they will try cash out the money.

•••
MarcelProust said:
If somebody asks you unnecessarily about your home address and real name the first thing you should think is "cheque fraud". If they have your paypal and bank details thats even worse.

It is very absurd they want you to fill a tax payment form which means you give away even more information. If this doesn't ring any alarm bells then I don't know what will. I must admit people will fall into this since they will try cash out the money.

Wow, paranoid! But again entitled to your opinion. An address is NOTHING. As for the Tax form it is NOT a TAX payment form. It is merely a W-9 or Foreign certificate to cover our Butts with the IRS. It does not Effect our clients negatively in ANY way and again is NOT shared with anyone.

•••
QUOTE from sign up form at iMonetize.com :
*Security Question:
(example: Mother's maiden name?)

When an online company says your "Mother's maiden name" run a mile. This is well known issue related to CC fraud.

Here is more information about identity theft:
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/credit/idtheft.htm

How identity thieves use your personal information:

They may call your credit card issuer to change the billing address on your credit card account. The imposter then runs up charges on your account. Because your bills are being sent to a different address, it may be some time before you realize there's a problem.

They may open new credit card accounts in your name. When they use the credit cards and don't pay the bills, the delinquent accounts are reported on your credit report.

They may establish phone or wireless service in your name.

They may open a bank account in your name and write bad checks on that account.

They may counterfeit checks or credit or debit cards, or authorize electronic transfers in your name, and drain your bank account.

They may file for bankruptcy under your name to avoid paying debts they've incurred under your name, or to avoid eviction.

They may buy a car by taking out an auto loan in your name.

They may get identification such as a driver's license issued with their picture, in your name.

They may get a job or file fraudulent tax returns in your name.

They may give your name to the police during an arrest. If they don't show up for their court date, a warrant for arrest is issued in your name.

•••
Um, we don't ask for Mother's Maiden name??? But thanks for all the info.

•••
Let me put this straight.

1. You are asking people's real full name and address as approved by a letter by post (screenshot #1),
2. You are influencing people to enter their mother's maiden name as secret question (screenshot #2),
3. You are asking people to fax a form with social security number (screenshot #3),
4. You are asking of signature to be faxed (screenshot #3 and #4),

and you say those things are "not shared with anyone". I wish you good luck with your business.

screenshots:
#1 http://img282.imageshack.us/img282/3923/4uy5.jpg
#2 http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/7485/1cj5.jpg
#3 http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1801/2kf5.jpg
#4 http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/6568/3ct1.jpg

•••
MarcelProust said:
Let me put this straight.

1. You are asking people's real full name and address as approved by a letter by post (screenshot #1),
2. You are influencing people to enter their mother's maiden name as secret question (screenshot #2),
3. You are asking people to fax a form with social security number (screenshot #3),
4. You are asking of signature to be faxed (screenshot #3 and #4),

and you say those things are "not shared with anyone". I wish you good luck with your business.

screenshots:
#1 http://img282.imageshack.us/img282/3923/4uy5.jpg
#2 http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/7485/1cj5.jpg
#3 http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/1801/2kf5.jpg
#4 http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/6568/3ct1.jpg

Let ME put this straight... These are all to combat FRAUD... I am sorry somebody pissed in your cornflakes this morning and that you are so upset. But I don't want to allow ANYONE who is not willing to give their REAL name and BASIC information to use our system, as this is FRAUDULENT information if it Cannot be verified. I am sorry you don't understand that.

Hope your day gets better and wish you continued luck.

•••
I understand why you need Tax info.

But I don´t understand why you need verification letter when you accept only verified PayPal (as payment option). Those who have verified paypal have already verified their adress or am I wrong?

•••
croman92 said:
I understand why you need Tax info.

But I don´t understand why you need verification letter when you accept only verified PayPal (as payment option). Those who have verified paypal have already verified their address or am I wrong?

Yes, they verified it with Paypal. But not with us... So if we need to get hold of a person that send fraudulent traffic to us and they gave us a Bogas address we have 0 recourse. That is why we do the verification letter also. It is a simple 2x check that most have no issues with.

•••
imonetize sounds like a great idea but poorly executed.
there are way too many questions being requested for a simple domain parking site (including the rest of the services).
If they could cut through the bureaucracy (and fraud protection in this case isnt convincing enough), the site might actually work.
Overall, excellent concept, but poorly executed (so far).
Best of luck with it.

•••
I just have the following problems with iMonetize:

1. If I get already a great rate from my ppc company, then I must be out of my damn mind to go thru iMonetize.com and get a additional 15% cut. If you use DomainSponsor and already have good share rate, why would you go thru iMonetize? DS is the top ppc company anyway.

2. Who knows what they deduct from your payment? Is it 5 or 15 or even more % cut?

3. I may be ok with 5% cut but that too if I monetize share the original payments on my domains to it from ppc provider? If they don't show what they get paid on my domains....then good bye. We can't be anyone's slave.....its our domains....we need to see what you get and what you give to us?

Just my opinion.

•••
seeker said:
imonetize sounds like a great idea but poorly executed.
there are way too many questions being requested for a simple domain parking site (including the rest of the services).
If they could cut through the bureaucracy (and fraud protection in this case isnt convincing enough), the site might actually work.
Overall, excellent concept, but poorly executed (so far).
Best of luck with it.

Sorry you feel that way. Best of Luck with your names elseware. Our security and tax forms WILL remain the same, and we are growing but between 10 & 25 new domainer's a DAY and manage over 250k domains to date for over 2000 people that disagree with you. You will always be welcome should you change your mind. :hehe:

rickkumar said:
I just have the following problems with iMonetize:

1. If I get already a great rate from my ppc company, then I must be out of my damn mind to go thru iMonetize.com and get a additional 15% cut. If you use DomainSponsor and already have good share rate, why would you go thru iMonetize? DS is the top ppc company anyway.

2. Who knows what they deduct from your payment? Is it 5 or 15 or even more % cut?

3. I may be ok with 5% cut but that too if I monetize share the original payments on my domains to it from ppc provider? If they don't show what they get paid on my domains....then good bye. We can't be anyone's slave.....its our domains....we need to see what you get and what you give to us?

Just my opinion.

OK in order:

1. DS is a GREAT company and does win ALOT of our traffic. However on names that it doesn't win OTHER PROVIDERS WIN sometimes BY AS MUCH AS 3x.

2. Man you gots TRUST issues... Do you have PROOF from ANYBODY how much you get paid?? At least we tell you what we are taking, SOME dome even give you that courtesy!

3. Sorry you feel that way... Goodbye.. :'( But again should you ever change your mind, you are welcome to try us and see what I am talking about.

Last edited:
•••
Sure I may try (like I said above) but only if you agree at your cut of 5%.
Good luck with your program.....I am sure it does berrer for some domains.

•••
rickkumar said:
Sure I may try (like I said above) but only if you agree at your cut of 5%.
Good luck with your program.....I am sure it does berrer for some domains.

5% for your charm?? LOL Nah, but if you have a STELLAR portfolio and are making better than 5k a month else ware PM me and we can talk %. :$:

JN

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back