IT.COM

iMonetize vs. TrafficClub

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Since they are both "meta-parking" companies, does anyone know how the payouts vary? (90%? 80%?).

Since they take a cut from parking companies (who take a cut from google/yahoo), I'm very sensitive to the amount they take . . .

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
hitchhiker said:
Since they are both "meta-parking" companies, does anyone know how the payouts vary? (90%? 80%?).
Since they take a cut from parking companies (who take a cut from google/yahoo), I'm very sensitive to the amount they take . . .
\

Thanks for asking... We differ in many ways, cant speak for Traffic Clubs REV SHARE but ours is between 85% and 95% depending on the amount of traffic you send. The more you send the more you make. I can tell you we use 11 providers and our system AUTOMATICALY points BY DAY to the HIGHEST paying provider. (Again can’t speak for TC here, not sure if they do that many or are that automated). Also with the amount of traffic we control we have also negotiated the HIGHEST possible contracts with each provider so some people see more with us taking our 15% then they themselves going direct.

Anyways, hope that helps and feel free to ask me any questions you might have.

•••
homey said:
\

I can tell you we use 11 providers and our system AUTOMATICALY points BY DAY to the HIGHEST paying provider. (Again can’t speak for TC here, not sure if they do that many or are that automated).

don't some of the programs require manual approval/page design, ie dotzup, and what about sedo which requires keywords to be chosen?

•••
snoop said:
don't some of the programs require manual approval/page design, ie dotzup, and what about sedo which requires keywords to be chosen?

Yes.. They do... We take care of all that for you... And sedo chooses the keywords for us... Or you can enter your own via our site.

•••
•••
homey
good to see you participate in this forum

My only comment between trafficclub and imonetize is that imonetize choose a rather lengthly tax procedure for US and NON US users before you will be able to take your share
To download, fill and sign a form and send it over is not a typical procedure for many parking sites

I believe homey this is turn off issue
I know at least 5 domainers that did't signup in the past months because of this and maybe more to come

In comparison, trafficclub has easier signup procedure and it's backed up by moniker

•••
dotnom said:
homey
good to see you participate in this forum

My only comment between trafficclub and imonetize is that imonetize choose a rather lengthly tax procedure for US and NON US users before you will be able to take your share
To download, fill and sign a form and send it over is not a typical procedure for many parking sites

I believe homey this is turn off issue
I know at least 5 domainers that did't signup in the past months because of this and maybe more to come

In comparison, trafficclub has easier signup procedure and it's backed up by moniker

HI dotnom,

Yeah, been on this forum since earlier this year. Nice place.

We only require from US citizens is A W-9… That is the Law, we cannot change that. And the IRS also recommends have a simple letter signed and faxed to us before paying revenue to other countries to cover our butts because we are located in the US, it not lengthy by any means and is also a way to combat fraud as most fraudsters don’t like giving there real address. The whole process should take a person less then 5 minutes along with a stamp or fax. I also want to clarify that several other providers do this on a regular basis Sedo is one I know for sure.

Hope that clarifies and if your friends have issue have them contact me directly perhaps I can help explain it more clearly.

•••
I know W9 but i don't know any other parking provider to ask for it (especially for non us residents) so far and also Sedo didn't request anything like this as most of the people here will agree

I know covering your butts is certainly a good thing but none will go easily signing up a service asking so much for their own protection

As you said IRS recommends non US people to sign and fax this statement, i don't know if they require it

I will tell you for sure that this will decrease your signups
I saw this in web hosting industry when they asked for photocopies of credit cards and signed order with fax. Most of these services had very low % of new orders

Regarding fraud i don't think a signed paper will be the one that will stop it
How you can be sure that the address is real ?

Take the place of a new domainer
See your service first and try to sign, doesn't know much about your service, see the requirements and leave
Discover trafficclub , see that behind this is a known verified registrar moniker and sign there pretty easy

In any case i wish you good luck with your service

Something else that saw at TrafficClub and looks weird

"- Affiliates will not be credited for traffic that originates from countries where the primary language is not English."

•••
anyone from trafficclub wants to chime up? good to see companie's reach out!

homey,

the payout you get from Sedo, is it at the sedo-pro level or regular?

•••
First thing i think when i see that tax form is; is this going to make my taxes even more complicated than they already are? And a little hesitant on sending info of that nature over the internet, while there are so many other places that you have to do nothing at all.

•••
dotnom said:
I know W9 but i don't know any other parking provider to ask for it (especially for non us residents) so far and also Sedo didn't request anything like this as most of the people here will agree

I know covering your butts is certainly a good thing but none will go easily signing up a service asking so much for their own protection

As you said IRS recommends non US people to sign and fax this statement, i don't know if they require it

I will tell you for sure that this will decrease your signups
I saw this in web hosting industry when they asked for photocopies of credit cards and signed order with fax. Most of these services had very low % of new orders

Regarding fraud i don't think a signed paper will be the one that will stop it
How you can be sure that the address is real ?

Take the place of a new domainer
See your service first and try to sign, doesn't know much about your service, see the requirements and leave
Discover trafficclub , see that behind this is a known verified registrar moniker and sign there pretty easy

In any case i wish you good luck with your service

Something else that saw at TrafficClub and looks weird

"- Affiliates will not be credited for traffic that originates from countries where the primary language is not English."

Again, I appreciate your input. However we decided to follow ALL IRS guidelines and Suggestions to avoid future issues, and we will take our lumps accordingly. If we miss out on a few people that don’t understand that it doesn't hurt them in anyway and in fact is just to cover our collective butts, so be it.

It helps with fraud in the fact that it is just another way or communicating with our users. And Fraudsters don't like answering ANY questions normally.

Again, thanks for the input and I also wish you the best.

hitchhiker said:
homey,

the payout you get from Sedo, is it at the sedo-pro level or regular?

We use a Sedo-Pro feed for sedo... But also use 9 other PPC providers that we are very proud of and HAVE GREAT results with... I might also ad we negotiated the highest rev share with each. And in fact they are usually VERY willing to give it to us as that’s the ONLY way the WIN the traffic. :$:

Thanks for the inquiry!

commandercody said:
First thing i think when i see that tax form is; is this going to make my taxes even more complicated than they already are? And a little hesitant on sending info of that nature over the internet, while there are so many other places that you have to do nothing at all.

I can assure you it will not complicate your Taxes any more... If that is even possible any more in the US. I think Uncle Sam has complicated it more then anybody can understand already. :lol: We do NOT ask you to send it over the Internet, Simply Fax or Mail it, can't get more secure then that. Again if other places aren’t doing it, I can't control that... But God forbid they ever get audited, “you know what” flows downstream. I would rather play it safe for ourselves and our clients up front and not have any BAD surprises waiting down the line.

•••
Hmm,

so if I'm not able to get into sedo pro , I will make more money on imonetize than sedo? I'm assuming you are at 150%? I dont want to lose revenue by switching

•••
hitchhiker said:
Hmm,

so if I'm not able to get into sedo pro , I will make more money on imonetize than sedo? I'm assuming you are at 150%? I dont want to lose revenue by switching

I cannot disclose what our individual contracts with our partners are, and we all know what happens when you "ASS U ME". :lol:

However, I can guarantee that if you DONT switch you won't loose $. I can also guarantee that if your DONT switch you wont gain either. You could loose money and you most likely will for the 1st month while our system optimizes the name. This system is NOT for the squeamish, it takes time to do it right. But if you have a STRONG resolve you can make more money. Some as much as 2x to 3x.

We own over 30,000 domains and manage another 100k+ & use it with our own names as opposed to a direct Google/Yahoo contract direct BECASUE IT WORKS for US and them. But you can play it safe and continue to make how much you are making now, or you can give us a try and MAYBE MAKE SOME XTRA $?

Good luck to you in whatever your decide!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back