Domain Empire

Image permission

NameSilo
Watch
Is there any way someone can get permission to use eg. pictures of guitars and drum kits etc from the internet to use on there own site. Are people allowed to use pictures from websites like www.fender.co.uk in there own sites?
cheers

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you search about there are loads of images you can use. If not i would email them.

•••
Do they say you are not allowed to. Just email them. That is the safest way. Though if they were under copyright, it would say so.

-Josh :tu:

•••
It might qualify under fair use as a promotional image.

•••
Try a free "Stock photographs" library

For example if you go to http://sxc.hu/ and sign-up search on "fender guitar" you get several photographs of parts of guitars and this one http://sxc.hu/browse.phtml?f=view&id=28182 which may or may not be a Fender (I don't know guitars, someone has posted a comment to this effect)

The stock xchng sxc.hu is a free service & many of the photographs there have no restrictions on commercial usage -- you just need to check when you see the info page on the photo.

Bruce

•••
Please elaborate

david.amherst said:

Can you elaborate? I've wondered why it seems some sites can use copyrighted pix without paying?

•••
Fair use could be if Fender is the manufacturer of the product and you're doing something to hype up their product. I'm sure they would have no problem with you helping them get sales, or even if you were a reseller for them.

•••
david.amherst said:

there is no "fair use" of a copyrighted items. Do not confused fair use of a TM with violation of a copyright. Different laws here.

To use copyrighted items, you need permission from the owner of the copyright. If the image is not copyrighted, then you may use it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back