Dynadot

domain illegitimatepresident dot com - Valuable or no?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph McHugh

Impact
illegitimatepresident dot com - Valuable or no?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have the illegitimatepresident domain up for 7-day public auction on Go-Daddy and have zero traffic. Is there a better place to sell domains?

•••
21 letters domain in a very specific niche... Even if it was a fully developed website, its market value would still be pretty limited.

My advice for you would be to focus on safe bets (keywords, dictionary words or short/medium length brandable names) which could attract a much larger pool of buyers.

Best of luck to you!

Last edited:
•••
Great advice by @Zanok.

I'll add that on top of focusing on popular keywords and safer bets, it's important to consider who would want your name and how they would use it. Those factors are typically the keys to determining value.

Names that are currently being used commercially by multiple existing businesses will justify higher asking prices and will also give you the best chances of making a sale.

The name you posted would be best used by someone wanting to build a site criticizing the sitting president. How much money would that individual be likely to pay for this exact name? Odds are not much, and they would be more likely to just go and register something similar for $10.

•••
Great advice by @Zanok.

I'll add that on top of focusing on popular keywords and safer bets, it's important to consider who would want your name and how they would use it. Those factors are typically the keys to determining value.

Names that are currently being used commercially by multiple existing businesses will justify higher asking prices and will also give you the best chances of making a sale.

The name you posted would be best used by someone wanting to build a site criticizing the sitting president. How much money would that individual be likely to pay for this exact name? Odds are not much, and they would be more likely to just go and register something similar for $10.

Thanks, Joe.

I had purchased the domain back before the election when it was trending in reference to Clinton. Since then it has trended a couple of times, but I see your point. Thanks again.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back