NameSilo

If you don't outbound, are you even domaining?

Labeled as discuss in Domain Buying and Domain Purchases, started by abstractdomainer, Mar 21, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. abstractdomainer

abstractdomainer Upgraded Member Gold Account

A domain buyer as I define it from the perspective of a domainer is someone who buys a domain name but doesn't make an extra effort in selling it. He/she just put the domain name on sale and enjoys the fruits of the investment.

Now, as a domain buyer, whose capability lies in spotting the right domain names and building a portfolio, we are looking at less than 20 hours of work in spotting, researching and buying the right domain names, after initially having acquired the skills. That makes them comparatively free and not involving much in experimenting and reaching out to buyers etc.

So, my question is:

Is someone who solely relies on buying (and believes that money lies in acquiring the right domain names and sales just happen by themselves) even working at all?

This is like a part-time or a low involvement business and doesn't make sense to do it full-time unless you believe that you are at a place in life, where you want to retire and simultaneously, have some cash flow.

If you are not doing outbound, are you even domaining?

Thoughts are welcome. If you are a domain buyer, your perspective would be extremely valuable.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. lock

lock FREE.MARKETING VIP

If wanting top dollar then wait till come to you if offering someone a deal they can't resist outbound.

3. Samer

Samer Top Contributor VIP

The best of the best may not, and still get offers everyday.

it's that good, they'll contact you, outbounding not required?

Samer

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  4. karmaco

karmaco Top Contributor VIP

Outbound rarely brings in big bucks. It’s predominantly good for sales under 1K. You are almost always at a disadvantage because you have become everyone’s worst nightmare— an annoying marketer who is contacting people who didn’t ask to be bothered. There are occasional success stories on people who thrive on outbound but that is few and far between. There are other ways to promote your names than hard sells.

The inbound sales come on good names with luck and timing. If you think this isn’t a full time job, searching drop lists, auctions,research, staying on top of trends by reading alot of different resources daily you might not be actually domaining. Even hobbyists I know spend many hours a week on the hunt for gems.

5. Samer

Even the process to find prospects takes effort? or the content of message.

I think your energy's best served developing the asset.
    Samer

6. wizard

wizard Domain Wizard PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

This all depends on the quality of domains you hold why outbound a high end premium domain when you won't get the best price inbound leads are best if you have the quality domains and if you have a decent size portfolio if your after a quick flip with a small profit then it works...

7. Domains Ted

Domains Ted Established Member

It depends on many factors. I'm not buying quality domains and not outbound. Still I hope the best.

8. NameDeck

NameDeck SaveDotOrg.org VIP

Nicely worded. Best explanation ever.

9. TCK

TCK NameOptions.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

If you do outbound then you have to make sure you are pitching a superior domain or a perfect match for the prospective buyer. Otherwise you risk looking as sending spam. Many domainers treat domaining as a hobby. If you are serious about this business then you really need a portfolio site that you can market via number of available means. The website should project seriousness and professionalism.

10. biggie

biggie Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Hi

if....
    domainers were domaining,
    before sending outbound spam to unsuspecting victims became a trend
    then
    domainers are still domaining, if they don't practice, such practices.

imo...

11. BlackCatsAreNice

BlackCatsAreNice Restricted (15-30%)

I don't outbound! And I am a DOMAINER!

I get enough inbounds that I don't need to outbound.

Frankly, I am too busy moving my domains from crappy registrars to better ones to even respond to inquiries.

Remember friends, the END IS NEAR.

Impending .com price increases will price 99% of domainers out of the business.

Renew your "keepers" ten years head and plan on your exit strategy.

Mine is a house by the beach.

Nubile girls optional but necessary for normal bodily functions.

12. cooljub

cooljub Established Member

How near?

13. Samer

2012 near.

(false prophets Doom and gloom naysayers)

Check this out;
    FDA approves first rapid corona test 45 minutes detection

People like @BlackCatsAreNice advantage of sensationalism to stir.

Dont fall for the trap;
    I read somewhere 99% of Stats are made up, now i understand why.. More nonsense.

If 7% cap applied each of next four years, still less half .co price today! cure accelerating..

Samer

14. AbdulBasit.com

AbdulBasit.com DomainsWeb.com AbdulBasit.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

As many of the fellow NPers know that I don't do outbound at all for years, so do you think someone doing no outbound is not into domaining? What are you trying to exactly say here?

I'm into full time domain investing and do work like rest of the investors except the outbound marketing. It was one of my goal to achieve where I don't want to do outbound so I can focus on every other aspects of domaining.

15. davidc1

davidc1 Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I dont outbound and I buy and sell domains everyday.

16. behindsun

behindsun NameClix Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

Waiting for your march sales data.. Really inspiring

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice