Domain Empire

If that was a scam, then what is this?!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Got this email today:

Hello,

We can help you to sell your domains through our opt-in domain buyers list (12,000 domain buyers).

You can send your domains to 150 domain buyers for free at (removed)

It's FREE to try. No obligation.

The commercial OPT-IN list (12,000 domain buyers) contains e-mail addresses of CEOs, online businessmen, domain investors and major domain buyers.

You can send your domains to 12,000 domain buyers (commercial version) at (removed)

We don't charge a commission upon sale, because you'll negotiate direct with the domain buyers. But we can help you with the escrow service.

I wish you GOOD LUCK on the domain market !

Sincerely,

(removed)

P. S. To unsubscribe just reply to (removed) with 'Remove' in the subject line.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That last line "P. S. To unsubscribe just reply to (removed) with 'Remove' in the subject line." is very typical for spam/scam mails...
It's a good way to verify that your e-mail adress exists.

This smells scam a long way.
I receive mails like this every week, and they end straight in my trashcan...

•••
I usually blacklist and delete these emails.

•••
Sounds like a scam, I would honestly try to avoid these e-mails by blocking the sender's e-mail and etc.

•••
yea, the last line gives it away

•••
This is part of the same appraisal scam run by Eleview International.

Here's how it works:

- You agree to try their free service to advertise your domain names to 150 buyers

- A "buyer" contacts you very interested in paying big money for one of your domains. But first they require an appraisal, from one of a few select companies.

- You pay for an appraisal, and never hear from the "buyer" again.

- If you haven't realized you've been scammed already, you pay to have your ad go out to the "12,000 domain buyers".

- Repeat as neccessary.

•••
Wow, but these guys are smarter because they have a second level of deception ie. the free emailing system

The things people do these days to get some money...

•••
It's all the same guys. They started out their scam with the 'buyer email service', but in the last year they've taken to streamlining their scam and directly contacting domain owners who list their names on Afternic or Sedo with their phony interest to buy.

•••
Originally posted by -RJ-
It's all the same guys. They started out their scam with the 'buyer email service', but in the last year they've taken to streamlining their scam and directly contacting domain owners who list their names on Afternic or Sedo with their phony interest to buy.

Indeed. I have received several emails identical to this from them. As RJ mentions Afternic and Sedo, I can also tell you that I have received emails that read:

"This is our third attempt to reach you concerning the domain name (?????). We have submitted an offer to you in the amount of (XXXXX) and despite our emails we have not heard from you."

Then it goes on to say that if I wish to sell I should contact them immediately blah blah blah. Of course, the very first one I received I did reply, only to receive another reply letting me know that they are having second thoughts and it would be in my best interest to order an apprasial so they can get a better idea of the domain names value before making a final decision.

In return, I replied:

"Good Day,

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't it you that contacted me? If you have a viable interest in this domain name I strongly suggest that you order an appraisal for your benefit. If that is not an option then you are wasting my time and yours."

Of course the domain/domains in question were listed at either Sedo or Afternic.

Just send these types of mail directly to your trash bin.

•••
Wow, interesting... Never heard of this before

•••
yeah this type of scams are run by everydayincome aswell and they operate under quite a few names these days so watch out

•••
list

I got that same exact e-mail too! Looks like a bunch of spam.

I actually fell for one once and NEVER even got anything related to domains..only a bunch of spam advertising.

•••
I got the same email as well!
I hate this so much now! I receive around 500 emails a day, and almost 100% of them are spams!

•••
wow... 500 emails a day...
mind me asking what site is it that you're running thats being email crawled so much?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back